Author Topic: Time to get this board up. SOURCE CODE LEAKED!  (Read 30060 times)

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
Re: Time to get this board up. SOURCE CODE LEAKED!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 02:28:27 AM »
So, what sort of assets are we looking at here?
Early proto / early beta from the 96 trailers.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:17:16 AM by Dinomite »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »
Yeah its fine to talk or showcase about it but just don't share a link to download it here (thanks for that). Yep Id'e like to keep the forum away from giving access to downloads of it, if it was an official release (not a leak) then we could go all out but as forum we wont be contributing to spreading that around. Still its exciting I know.

Record a video playing it on n64 just like this pic since you dont have capture for it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 01:55:45 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 05:45:37 PM »
Record a video playing it on n64 just like this pic since you dont have capture for it.

Sure maybe over the weekend.

Got bored so I extracted a few of the weapon models. Feel free to use if you like but little credit would be nice if you use them in any project. This doesn't have anything related to the topic in the download except 2 weapon models as obj format blah blah.

-Pulse Rifle
-Tomahawk

Auto Download: https://turoksanctum.com/download/turok-dh-demo-weapons/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:46:13 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Sem Ideia

• Iguana
  • T:REP 44
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »
Man, I am so glad to see the progress so far around here! Lots of stuff happened ever since the first day and I am so happy about it. Lets keep it up guys!

That is so awesome you could rip all those off Duke64. It's sad to see that the tomahawk was cut out, even though the weapon is pretty much functional. Also, how well did it fare on the everdrive and n64? I wish I had an everdrive but it's so expensive.

I am trying to find over the patch notes on how far this is from Turok's final release, I really thought that, once I found this beauty, it was the source code over the latest build. I am trying to gather images around the internet with early build Turok screenshots which were shown in magazines and what not. If anyone have some to share, that would be very appreciated!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 11:55:38 PM »
Man, I am so glad to see the progress so far around here! Lots of stuff happened ever since the first day and I am so happy about it. Lets keep it up guys!

That is so awesome you could rip all those off Duke64. It's sad to see that the tomahawk was cut out, even though the weapon is pretty much functional. Also, how well did it fare on the everdrive and n64? I wish I had an everdrive but it's so expensive.

I am trying to find over the patch notes on how far this is from Turok's final release, I really thought that, once I found this beauty, it was the source code over the latest build. I am trying to gather images around the internet with early build Turok screenshots which were shown in magazines and what not. If anyone have some to share, that would be very appreciated!

It ran better on N64 everdrive v3 for me, its pretty bad on emulator on my end. Ran just about as perfect as Turok can be on N64. Everdrive v3 because it can bypass the "bad crc" and just play the game anyway by skipping that. Yeah the Tomahawk is great I can't figure why it was cut other than 'just to not have an extra melee weapon'.

Something about sounds, SubDrag told me he also heard football sound effects in this lmao and my guess is NFL Quarterback Club xD
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Sem Ideia

• Iguana
  • T:REP 44
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 12:27:02 AM »
It ran better on N64 everdrive v3 for me, its pretty bad on emulator on my end. Ran just about as perfect as Turok can be on N64. Everdrive v3 because it can bypass the "bad crc" and just play the game anyway by skipping that. Yeah the Tomahawk is great I can't figure why it was cut other than 'just to not have an extra melee weapon'.

Something about sounds, SubDrag told me he also heard football sound effects in this lmao and my guess is NFL Quarterback Club xD
Now you got me curious on which Everdrive is the best one. I have heard of the bypasses before, but since ebay is a bit hard for me to buy things from there, I am not sure which one is the best and where to buy it. I have seen people selling a 2.5v cartridge with the same label as the 3.0v one.

Also, there are lots... LOTS of other games assets, but I believe that most of them are from NBA Jam. Funny thing is that I think there are unused assets (Such as in an audio file that the narrator is going to the bathroom). There are many known music midi files (like the addams family)  but I believe it was used for the sport games, yet there are some action music files which I believe that it did not fit inside a sports game.  I am doing some investigation on where it's from.

The code is well written, even though its a low level language such as C, they made comments on what each function could do. It's really nice reading their notes, sometimes you even read unimplemented things, such as an enemy giving a sound cue when spotting you.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 01:07:44 PM »
I would go with Everdrive v3 but maybe v2.5 has the ability to bypass certain things too. I know Everdrive v2 won't let you bypass though. Hmm they are pretty pricey yeah the best place to get it is the main site but I don't know how the shipping will be for everyone it varies because its just coming from one place.

https://krikzz.com/store/home/28-everdrive-64-v3.html

But as I always tell everyone do a little research on them and see what the differences are get the one that covers your needs. ED64 v3 has been perfect for everything I need from playing roms, rom hacks, and games that wouldn't work but it bypasses. There's a usb port for devs even. But there are people who may suggest 64drive which is more pricey than ED64. ED64 V3 does all my needs perfectly so far.

Haha I didn't hear that one sound yet with someone going to the bathroom lol as Duke would say ahhh that's better.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 02:32:21 AM »
Auto shotgun here sounds almost like Shadow Mans shadow gun sometimes it has a ring to the shot. Not as much but its cool I can feel similarity when fired multiple times like at 0:44 in the video.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:36:10 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »
Auto shotgun here sounds almost like Shadow Mans shadow gun sometimes it has a ring to the shot. Not as much but its cool I can feel similarity when fired multiple times like at 0:44 in the video.

Thanks for doing it  :treasure:
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 12:16:04 PM »
It would be sooo easy to put that pulse rifle model into the remasters.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal