Author Topic: Doom maps for Turok 2  (Read 30763 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Doom maps for Turok 2
« on: July 10, 2017, 09:37:46 PM »
I have challenged myself to make a map a day in Doom from scratch and then convert it to Turok 2. I want to make one map each day until 7-14-17 Friday. I started Monday 7-10-17. I’m only doing this for fun without a care in the world but the plan is to make a fast quick level that still proves visual enjoyment and decent detail around the maps. But only giving myself the day. Keep in mind I work most the day so these have to be extra quick but I think I can make a decent map quickly.

Read all about here: https://duke64nukem.com/2017/07/11/doom-maps-to-turok-wip-mod-updated-post/

I did this today in 2 hours. I made the map in 20 minutes with Doom... I can make something fairly decent quickly I think with Doom or Duke editors. So I figured make a quick map no longer then 20 mins spent on it and just make it raptor fest.

Then imported and finished ready for Turok 2 raptor fest :P given the map is rather basic it still has some presentations.
It was just meant to be a quick map on the side.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:31:56 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
Re: Doom maps for Turok 2
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:33:23 PM »
I got another one today I must be on a roll and motivated heh and this one is a bit more detailed and uses Doom 64 styles! Let's go to Hell.

Sacred Place:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:04:51 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »
I got another one today I must be on a roll and motivated heh and this one is a bit more detailed and uses Doom 64 styles! Let's go to Hell.

Sacred Place:

Looks really good now love it with Doom 64 aka the best game. Hey could I play these levels on Doom also??
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 11:59:28 PM »
Challenged myself to make one of these maps a day until Friday. This one is the third :) and its much more detailed and larger than the first two. I'm right on the dot here lol its before 12 am for me so it counts I still passed today :) Lots of fun.

Read here silly challenge lol https://duke64nukem.com/2017/07/11/doom-maps-to-turok-wip-mod-updated-post/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:09:21 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 02:09:06 AM »
Challenged myself to make one of these maps a day until Friday. This one is the third :) and its much more detailed and larger than the first two. I'm right on the dot here lol its before 12 am for me so it counts I still passed today :) Lots of fun.

Read here silly challenge lol https://duke64nukem.com/2017/07/11/doom-maps-to-turok-wip-mod-updated-post/

That looks really fun I would test. I like to play alone though. Looks cool if you do make a map every day of the week that's crazy. Idk how you did more then one but cool stuff damn.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 11:12:40 AM »

That looks really fun I would test. I like to play alone though. Looks cool if you do make a map every day of the week that's crazy. Idk how you did more then one but cool stuff damn.

I like to play alone lately too and that's fine. If you really would want to help me test the Turok version of these maps its in your pm. Just look out for anything wonky since I mapped them really fast. Thanks buddy! You Rok ;)

Looks really good now love it with Doom 64 aka the best game. Hey could I play these levels on Doom also??
Yes of course but that will be later after I finish up my Doom 64 wads Soul Sanctum and To hell with you. Then I can edit this one with gameplay and stuff for Doom so won't be for awhile right now.

I'm going for map 4 this week "voided infantry" kill them all.
So what I do is start the map at lunch break and then later finish it up.

Step 1 lunch break quick gist build.

I will hopefully update this post when I make progress later when I'm off work :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 11:27:23 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 06:13:47 PM »
I'm going for map 4 this week "voided infantry" kill them all.
So what I do is start the map at lunch break and then later finish it up.

Step 1 lunch break quick gist build.

I will hopefully update this post when I make progress later when I'm off work :)

Good luck :D you can!
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 11:39:52 PM »
This map is a bit smaller than yesterdays but special in its own way I think.

Voided Infantry:

I might add a skybox to this one later but its fine for now.

I don't know how I will do tomorrow lol.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 09:44:55 AM »
How to combine the two best games, holy shit bro and yes you really should make them work on Doom so we can play them co op on there too. You should also move these posts to your own thread because that's a lot of work and they aren't wip they're done. Up to you doesn't actually matter. Its nice that you will include my Doom map with this and the name you gave it is nice 'Bloodshed Red' love that. Really like the look of the Hell one and the new one I know you had to make an extra border around all the edges of this map to get this outcome! All of them are nice when you're done let me know I can share it with all my Doom buddies. Good job keep killing it good luck today.

Let's make this its own topic I think. I normally wouldn't suggest that but the maps are already done... Call it something like Sixty Fours Doom to Turok maps idk lol.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:52:21 AM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal