Author Topic: 3D Realms/ Interceptor/ Slipgate Studios  (Read 61532 times)

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Realms/ Interceptor/ Slipgate Studios
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 07:35:30 PM »
VP of 3DR claims the 2001 version of DNF was 90% complete, and gives some details on the game.  They want to release it, but of course they need a license from Gearbox.

I'd love to play it, but I don't want to get my hopes up with all the legal bullshit and bad blood in the way. :/

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 12:09:53 AM »
Yeah I hope they release this that would be amazing. This also came up in that video chat Randy had with them and some others so they're definitely trying at least not getting my hopes up either lol. Well some DNF 2001 photo's leaked also and look at Bombshell!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:13:18 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 12:37:01 AM »
Ion Maiden went to gog like a week ago or so btw.

https://www.gog.com/game/ion_maiden
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 10:58:58 PM »
3DR just announced another new FPS, this time built on the Quake 1 engine.

http://www.wrath.game/

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 05:02:09 PM »
Nice I was recently just playing some Quake 1 mods again. All these old devs who made great mid to late 90s fps games are coming back with more fps games in old updated engines, it's awesome. You can tell games like these are going to be made with passion from every member of the team.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 03:15:29 PM »

Wait what does a Duke 3D review have to do with this topic lol they're not the creators of Duke anymore. Better suited for the Duke thread.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 06:46:14 PM »
No they aren't though the brand name sure, but the owners no. George Broussard, Ken Silverman, Todd Replogle, Richard Levelord Gray, Allen H. Blum III, Lee Jackson, and Robert Prince are responsible for Duke Nukem 3D mostly. None of which are involved in this new 3DR Denmark.

They also call it there engine on Ion Maiden and that's a lie too its Ken Silverman's engine. False claiming this secretly is trash.

Also, let me hear how new 3dr apologist's defend the "Creators of Max Payne and Prey" xD please I want to hear it. And please provide proof outside of them helping in tiny bits with fact(and once again this stems to the old 3DR). Afaik that's a huge laughable joke used to help promo there new games. I get it, it helps sells. It doesn't help sell it for me though because I know the truth.

I think the game would do fine without name dropping! It looks like fun I'm not saying that. I'm just tired of the name dropping. To top it all off the people making Wrath are Quake scene modders that have absolutely nothing to do with Duke. Yet they're headlining "devs of duke nukem". They're using Darkplaces engine and the newly released Trenchbroom editor from Kristian Duske which helps simplify some of the Quake map editing. Which is also helpfully left out of there news.

Everybody gets me wrong and views it as being a hater but truthfully I just call it as I see it, and this is bullshit. I actually like the new 3DR and ROTT 13. But I'm not gonna bend over just because everyone else does. This is sneaky promo tactics, most people have no idea its a new company. They just wanna buy it "BECAUSE ITS THE DUKE DEVS" that's not fair imo. So I'ma voice it all day whenever its brought up.

Perhaps I know too much.

If you truly want to see some work from the real creators that's recent, Duke 3D World Tour episode 4. They actually profit from it too.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:38:51 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:32 PM »
They also call it there engine on Ion Maiden

Yet they're headlining "devs of duke nukem".

Where?

They're using Darkplaces engine and the newly released Trenchbroom editor from Kristian Duske which helps simplify some of the Quake map editing. Which is also helpfully left out of there news.

The only reason we know these things is because they told us.  So what exactly is your complaint?

They're also fully open source.  They can literally do anything they want with them as long as they release the source to any changes they make.

They just wanna buy it "BECAUSE ITS THE DUKE DEVS" that's not fair imo.

Or maybe we wanna buy it because it looks good?  This is a really insulting strawman.

If you truly want to see some work from the real creators that's recent, Duke 3D World Tour episode 4. They actually profit from it too.

Ah yes, the people who brought us Duke Nukem Forever.  The people who made it impossible to buy the original, unaltered Duke 3D or its expansions anymore.  The people who shoe-horned a cheap reskin of Duke Nukem into Bulletstorm.  Truly the champions of 3DR's legacy.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 11:49:41 PM »
1.) The post that they shared on facebook and twitter. Of course they share it as is instead of correcting them gotta milk it:

You can't intertwine what I said about Ion Maiden and Wrath separately. What I said about Ion Maiden was just simply that they do not mention Ken Silverman in any of the real promos. Not the store page no announcements. Its there engine! lol. All you have to do is go on the store page find me Ken's name please.

2.) That's not the only reason I know that. Show me where they say its using trenchbroom in there announcements or steam page and I'll recall that one. I only know that because I've followed trenchbroom since day one. I have not followed this stinky trail at all. I also will get the game but I'm considering not getting it because of these lame practices. But it does look nice.

3.)Maybe not you but there is a bunch of people out there thinking this is made by the Duke devs, which is wrong!

4.)And no I don't mean gearbox. I don't think Levelord, Allen Blum or Lee Jackson brought us DNF. They did however bring us episode 4. So afaik that is the real situation when you can say its from the people who brought you Duke Nukem.

Extra: What about prey and max payne xD to be name dropping those let's not forget rockstar and humanhead studios the leads on those games. The only time 3DR was gonna take the reigns on Prey was Prey 2 which didn't happen.

Extra 2: Let's put a scenario where Nightdive bought out Iguana and started saying we brought you Turok. People would go after them why in this case when new 3DR lies they get a pass? Not from me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:03:34 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 01:53:22 PM »
Well why don't they just say Ken's engine or something little. A little respectful nod is all I'd like to see. As for Ion Maiden I really like that game and awaiting the editor here. As for Wrath: Again, I'll get this game but I dislike there pr and the way it handles it. It feels very sneaky imo. I seriously don't have a big problem with the new 3DR team like that. I enjoyed ROTT 13 And I'm not putting down this game as it is Quake scene modders and wish them luck. But that promo is riddled.

Heh yeah its Gearbox I know, and obviously they have not been good with all of this. However, they did bring in the right people to be able to claim that, that is indeed brought to you by people who did Duke. They're not making it up for promo those are in fact participants in the creation of Duke, so in reality that's the truth no matter what way people try to spin it. And there is still eduke32 which overall is the superior Duke 3D.

Heh I just bought ID software: From the creators of Doom I now present to you! Duke Nukem 5 8)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:59:16 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal