Author Topic: Turok Rage Wars Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.7 UPDATE!  (Read 35579 times)

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 569
  • HEAVEN OR HELL, DUEL 1, LET'S ROCK!
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Rage Wars Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V1.5 UPDATE!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 12:27:17 AM »
V1.5 Released. Two Days Already and we are up to V1.5? Wow. Anyways:

Picking up the Plasma Rifle is now called by the Correct Name instead of the Assault Rifle's Name.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!3JNSQIJL!7adiPayt3yyVlPJuMvF_E-vX-DQNIjGf4-WiJ0IgePw

I also updated the V1.0-V1.3 Addon Damage Rates as well.

Updated the Addon to Refect the Plasma Rifle Pickup Name Bug Fix.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!vB03mBYS!XL5zlMpS7Dc-n0YJ2iigOGPq20M-kHOGzSMx58NgaBE
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:27:42 AM by Raffine52 »

Online thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
  • T:REP 472
  • Am I'm a Kid, or am I'm a Squid! - Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 07:07:24 PM »
So I was waiting for 1.6 along with the True Rage Wars Item Addons so I was like "meh..... why not."
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjw33aym35oc5ki/TurokRageWarsGunsinDoomV1.5B.pk3

Online thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2018, 02:32:53 AM »
New Item is added for V1.6

Alt Fire Modification Kit ("AFMK" for short)

Before using the Alt Fires for all weapons, Find an AFMK before using it.

Online thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 01:51:28 PM »
New Weapon added to complete the weapon mod

The Boomerang

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Rage Wars Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V1.7
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 02:13:24 AM »
After 5 Months of no Updates, Rage Wars comes back for V1.7!

Added Alt Fires for Nearly all of the Weapons for the TKRW Side. (Originally I was going to make it so you need Alt Fire Box to use them, But Because I am not good at coding them, I left it Unused for now)
You no longer start with the Mag 60 and AR.
Added the Boomerang.
Updated the Turok 1 and 2 Weapons into their Up-to-date Versions.
Added the T2MP Plasma and Charge Dart.
Replaced the Pistol and Shredder with Magnum Pistol and Firestorm.
T2 Shotgun is now given EXP Shells to use. Same goes with T1 Auto Shotgun.
Lose and Win Screens are added.
Small Ammo Pickups are added, But Unused.
Fastprojectile has been added for Nearly all of the TKRW Weapons Code.
Fixed the Chest Buster turning into Grenades upon Deselecting it.
Fixed the Title Screen Logo in the Menu being Large as Hell (Edited Version)
Grenades now make sound when they hit walls. (Edited Version)
Gel has been Buffed, and given a Sound when you Press Alt Fire. (Edited Version)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!zQcUDDTA!KphBOocs-wIf6ucMGWkd9D301bjwt49CGTLZS7rOg7s

Update:

V1.7 Hotfixes.

Fixed one Item in the Random Spawner that is causing Zan to Crash in MP.
Added the Taunt System. Since RW Reuses T2 Turok's Appearance, I ported his taunts from T2 Weapons in Doom.
Fixed the Shotgun Alt Fire not firing the First Shot, But now it uses 10 Ammo.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:35:02 PM by Raffine52 »

Offline NuclearShield

• Iguana
  • T:REP 25
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Rage Wars Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V1.7 UPDATE!
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2018, 12:42:46 PM »
Everything is coming together quite nicely.  Although there are some suggestions I have with this mod (admittedly, I've played just about all of your Doom Related mods that you've released to the public, as I do like them a lot.), as well an issue or two with some weapons.

- The TKRW Shotgun's Street-Sweeper mode altered so that when you activate the alternative mode, it allows you to hold on to that mode for as long as you have it out.  Also, I'd say speed up the process a small bit so it's as fast as how it is in the Nintendo 64 version ( I guess we can call it that now that this exists? heh eh.)

- The Chestburster and Inflator should have the same thing done with them where when you use the Alternative Fire mode, you should be able to hold on to them for as long as you have them out.

- In the case with the Mag 60, there are ways to use a light in Doom, so you could use that as a laser sight as opposed to having no laser sight.

- The Scorpion Missile Launcher is a bit of a different story.  There's Two functions for this weapon.  I'm sure you know of the Attract Marker Function, but there's also a Repulse Marker function as well.  Granted in the N64 days, you got access to it by holding the B Button and Pressing Z at the same time would mark the area with the Repulse Marker so I'm not sure how many people knew about that.  As far as I know from playing that game as much as I did in the past, it's the only weapon that had a tertiary function.  I've attached a picture of it to showcase what I mean regarding this.  With this weapon it brings an idea of perhaps looking into having a separate button function that could be written through scripting which would allow you to change between alternative-fire modes for all the weapons and regular fire modes.  Also, I'd say it could benefit from a very small rate of fire boost.  This implies you're going for a 1:1 Ratio replica of the weapons from this game.  If you're not, then let me know.

http://puu.sh/AqjrH/8e9917e2f5.png

- Warhammer's Alternative Fire mode being allowed to hold the charge with its Alternative Fire Mode.

- Possibilities of having your own starting bullet weapon via a menu selection as opposed to starting with only a warhammer.  Granted this will take scripting work, and I have no idea if you can do that.

- With the Napalm Gel, the weapon's projectile doesn't stick to an enemy.  I suggest allowing the projectiles to stick to an enemy so you can detonate the explosives and wipe out other targets in the area along with the enemy who was stuck with the projectile.  I also suggest a slight Rate of fire boost with this weapon as well.

- The Tek Crossbow and Plasma Rifle (TKRW Variant) could benefit from having the ability to zoom in.

- Increasing the Mag 60's Fire rate all across the board slightly.  From the three round burst to how long it takes before you can fire again.

- With the Minigun, I would suggest giving it a second ammunition counter of the Energy Weapon Ammunition, give it the shield function.  In the case of the shield, you could just use the Invulnerability Power Up, but shorten the amount of time to it just instantly wearing off as soon as you let go of the Alt-Fire button.  However, it would have to rapidly drain the energy ammunition.

- In regards to the visual effects, I'd recommend looking into other explosion effects so it makes each weapon that uses explosive ammo more unique, so that they don't all share the same visual explosion effect.

- With the plasma rifle (TKRW Variant), the Muzzleflash might be overwhelming when using the Alt-Fire Mode and you end up not seeing very with that muzzleflash in question.  I suggest reducing the Muzzleflash size down to something about half of its size.

Overall, the mod is getting better, keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:09:55 PM by NuclearShield »

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Rage Wars Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V1.8 UPDATE!
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 12:55:39 AM »
Everything is coming together quite nicely.  Although there are some suggestions I have with this mod (admittedly, I've played just about all of your Doom Related mods that you've released to the public, as I do like them a lot.), as well an issue or two with some weapons.

- The TKRW Shotgun's Street-Sweeper mode altered so that when you activate the alternative mode, it allows you to hold on to that mode for as long as you have it out.  Also, I'd say speed up the process a small bit so it's as fast as how it is in the Nintendo 64 version ( I guess we can call it that now that this exists? heh eh.)

- The Chestburster and Inflator should have the same thing done with them where when you use the Alternative Fire mode, you should be able to hold on to them for as long as you have them out.

- In the case with the Mag 60, there are ways to use a light in Doom, so you could use that as a laser sight as opposed to having no laser sight.

- The Scorpion Missile Launcher is a bit of a different story.  There's Two functions for this weapon.  I'm sure you know of the Attract Marker Function, but there's also a Repulse Marker function as well.  Granted in the N64 days, you got access to it by holding the B Button and Pressing Z at the same time would mark the area with the Repulse Marker so I'm not sure how many people knew about that.  As far as I know from playing that game as much as I did in the past, it's the only weapon that had a tertiary function.  I've attached a picture of it to showcase what I mean regarding this.  With this weapon it brings an idea of perhaps looking into having a separate button function that could be written through scripting which would allow you to change between alternative-fire modes for all the weapons and regular fire modes.  Also, I'd say it could benefit from a very small rate of fire boost.  This implies you're going for a 1:1 Ratio replica of the weapons from this game.  If you're not, then let me know.

http://puu.sh/AqjrH/8e9917e2f5.png

- Warhammer's Alternative Fire mode being allowed to hold the charge with its Alternative Fire Mode.

- Possibilities of having your own starting bullet weapon via a menu selection as opposed to starting with only a warhammer.  Granted this will take scripting work, and I have no idea if you can do that.

- With the Napalm Gel, the weapon's projectile doesn't stick to an enemy.  I suggest allowing the projectiles to stick to an enemy so you can detonate the explosives and wipe out other targets in the area along with the enemy who was stuck with the projectile.  I also suggest a slight Rate of fire boost with this weapon as well.

- The Tek Crossbow and Plasma Rifle (TKRW Variant) could benefit from having the ability to zoom in.

- Increasing the Mag 60's Fire rate all across the board slightly.  From the three round burst to how long it takes before you can fire again.

- With the Minigun, I would suggest giving it a second ammunition counter of the Energy Weapon Ammunition, give it the shield function.  In the case of the shield, you could just use the Invulnerability Power Up, but shorten the amount of time to it just instantly wearing off as soon as you let go of the Alt-Fire button.  However, it would have to rapidly drain the energy ammunition.

- In regards to the visual effects, I'd recommend looking into other explosion effects so it makes each weapon that uses explosive ammo more unique, so that they don't all share the same visual explosion effect.

- With the plasma rifle (TKRW Variant), the Muzzleflash might be overwhelming when using the Alt-Fire Mode and you end up not seeing very with that muzzleflash in question.  I suggest reducing the Muzzleflash size down to something about half of its size.

Overall, the mod is getting better, keep up the good work.

Thanks for the Feedback Stuff, I am not good with Coding Stuff like Menus But I could get these things done for V1.8's Release.

EDIT:

V1.8 Released. Just a Small Update.

Replaced the TBM Ammo Sprites with the Sprites from the Game itself.
Boomerang's Throw Sprite no longer Sucks now.
Made the T2MP Grenade Launcher's Pickup Sprite Smaller.
Nerfed the Minigun a little bit.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!LBlzHQbB!TmjZZKcbHsuvNXq_Gn_7Sh44vgNh4BMeJtR7m9vbWf4
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:13:30 PM by Raffine52 »

Online thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 08:43:49 PM »
Turok Rage Wars Guns in Doom Edited Build Version 1.9B is here!

=Rage Wars v1.9B Hotfixes=
Gives Grenade Launcher Alt fire a GRENADETRAIL
Projectiles and Impact Sprites are in place. (Scorpion Missile, Chestburster Alt Impact, Emaciator Alt Impact)
Gives Chestburster a GRENADETRAIL to make it like a steam

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjw33aym35oc5ki/TurokRageWarsGunsinDoomV1.9B.pk3/file
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:40:00 PM by thebestmlTBM »

Offline kalinus

• Iguana
  • T:REP 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 11:11:23 PM »
Hey I'm glad to see the progress guys. Sorry that I have been gone for so long. Anyway, I feel like my project has kind of lost its place with yours out and in the state that it is in. I am going to be working on a project and have studied up on some new modding skills. If there is anything you'd like a hand with let me know. My project will be hush hush until I make some progress. Don't want to build hype and just disappear again. However I do plan on making a map or two with the Turok theme so don't think I've dropped everything.

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Rage Wars Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.0 UPDATE!
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 04:10:45 PM »
Rage Wars Returns with a V2.0 Update!

Some Alt Fire Sprites no longer move while they are playing.
Tek Crossbow now has it's Original Firing Rate for both Firing Modes.
More Touhou Sounds are added.
Freeze Gun has it's Original Fire Rate For the Alt Fire Mode.
Some Weapons now have new Kill Messages.
Inflator's Alt Shot Sprites are now Bigger.
Buffed the Emaciator's Alt Fire. Hopefully.
Weapon HUD Icons are added.
Emaciator and Inflator now have Growing Parts when they idle now.
Buffed the Assault Rifle's Alt Fire so it does Damage closer to the Original Fire Mode.
WarHammer's Pickup Sprite is Smaller.
Flare Gun's Alt No longer leave a Green Cycle when it hits.
Buffed the Mag 60's Alt Fire a little bit.
Added more Pickup Sounds from the Edited Version.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!CcFSDSRY!6RVdo1edeu0S-nskD7ef_cUazuXZ3v7htAnZ8HlW_s0
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:21:42 PM by Raffine52 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal