Author Topic: So i've extracted all the sounds from the N64 ROM of the game  (Read 24881 times)

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • T:REP 232
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: So i've extracted all the sounds from the N64 ROM of the game
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »
I used a program called Game Extractor. It supports the PC versions of both Dinosaur Hunter and Seeds of Evil. Doesn't open everything, though. Just the sounds for Dinosaur Hunter and the sounds and textures for 2.

I wonder if it will support G-Nome as well with it's weird .001 files.
I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 10:57:08 PM »
I haven't taken the time to listen to everything, but is it possible that the Chronoscepter uses the Fusion Cannon's firing sound? They're similar enough, and the game pitch shifted its own sounds all the time anyway. :P  For what it's worth, I couldn't find a specific Chronoscepter sound from the PC version's files (unless it's named something incredibly ambiguous).
Duke Nukem 3D does this with the holoduke and the portal sound just changes the pitch that is a good assumption.

I used a program called Game Extractor.

Interesting program to we are going to have to check it out fair price to :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:58:37 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »
I tried pitching up the fusion cannon sound, doesn't sound anything like the chronoceptors majestic laser sadly lol
I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 09:32:30 AM »
the chronoceptors majestic laser
Good way to define it :P Also, thanks for sharing this pretty cool. Yeah game extractor seems to be just 5$ for the full version, not to bad for such tool as I am sure it also works for some other games to.

hey thanks man you know to my knowledge there isn't any Turok sound boards available to download. Maybe someone else knows of one.
Nope I couldn't ever find one either. I tried searching Turok sounds the only thing that comes up is illegal download links to the soundtracks. I tried Turok voice pack and got nothing also :P
I AM ADON

Offline Forest Rain

• Iguana
  • T:REP 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 03:15:36 PM »
I know I can just look for myself but I am wondering if the animals, jungles, caves, and dinosaurs sounds are in here? You know the ambient sounds that play in the levels.

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 04:04:11 PM »
I know I can just look for myself but I am wondering if the animals, jungles, caves, and dinosaurs sounds are in here? You know the ambient sounds that play in the levels.

yeah, they are there. Most if not all of them.

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube

Offline Riko666

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 06:32:08 AM »
The link for the sounds doesn't work. Can you re-upload please ?

Offline Moss_warrior

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 08:52:12 AM »

Here is all of the Turok SFX

https://app.box.com/s/ore46znd5awtu94seinlx5wdxqsywuf5

have fun and enjoy.

Hi, many thanks for doing this, but app.box.com isn't working, no matter what browser I try, or how many times I restart my computer. I click on the download button but nothing happens. I have tried using a friend's computer as well.

I googled "can't download file from app.box and found a bunch of replies where they said the "bandwidth for that download was used up." Having contacted them, they said the same thing about this link.

Could you please re-upload the zip file to like Google Drive or something? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
There are some things about your time I don't want to learn

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 02:52:10 AM »

Here is all of the Turok SFX

https://app.box.com/s/ore46znd5awtu94seinlx5wdxqsywuf5

have fun and enjoy.

Hi, many thanks for doing this, but app.box.com isn't working, no matter what browser I try, or how many times I restart my computer. I click on the download button but nothing happens. I have tried using a friend's computer as well.

I googled "can't download file from app.box and found a bunch of replies where they said the "bandwidth for that download was used up." Having contacted them, they said the same thing about this link.

Could you please re-upload the zip file to like Google Drive or something? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
welcome you know if you have Turok Ex on steam the latest update switched to the N64 sounds. So if you have that you have this you have the hole pack ;)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal