Author Topic: Turok Dinosaur Hunter WIP Projects  (Read 124242 times)

Offline Raptor Dan

• Iguana
  • T:REP 146
  • Murder time, fun time!
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Dinosaur Hunter WIP Projects
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2018, 12:38:03 AM »
Because I am an unambitious clutz who never finishes his work, some SFX from Bioshock got my interest. :y

I just love giving weapons some beef to them.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2018, 05:09:16 PM »
Nice sounds there neat idea. Minigun cool down was nice also the quad rocket launcher is powerful.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Raptor Dan

• Iguana
  • Murder time, fun time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »
I'm wondering if there's a way to cut off sounds so that they don't overlap, like with pain sounds and consecutive gunshots like with the assault rifle.

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile

Offline Raptor Dan

• Iguana
  • Murder time, fun time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2018, 11:34:34 PM »

Oops I did it again.

A mix of Perkristian's HD Doom sounds, some of the classic Doom sounds, and some of Quake 2's sounds reintroduced into a classic of its own time. Download not yet available.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2018, 03:10:37 PM »

Oops I did it again.

A mix of Perkristian's HD Doom sounds, some of the classic Doom sounds, and some of Quake 2's sounds reintroduced into a classic of its own time. Download not yet available.

Some of the very best rolled into one lol
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2018, 11:14:24 PM »

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2019, 03:25:59 PM »
I'm working on a project I consider pretty important for Turok right now. I'm taking the open-source Rocket Launcher 2.0 and adding full support for Turok. Later on I will be adding Turok 2 and Forsaken.

Why do I consider this so important? Several reasons.

First, there is no good way to control mod load order for Turok. The steam workshop works off your subscription date, and GOG players must use the mods folder, which loads in alphabetical order. Rocket Launcher gives us the ability to load mods in any order we want. This means that mods that require compatibility patches, or unofficial patches, or tweaks, are all fully possible now, because you can control their order.

Second, it provides a mod launcher for GOG players, I am not aware if the GOG editor has any kind of mod launcher. So I consider this important for them.

So, I think having an "official" launcher for Turok will be a huge benefit to everyone, and of course I plan on putting my code on github soon.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2019, 06:15:33 PM »
I'm working on a project I consider pretty important for Turok right now. I'm taking the open-source Rocket Launcher 2.0 and adding full support for Turok. Later on I will be adding Turok 2 and Forsaken.

Why do I consider this so important? Several reasons.

First, there is no good way to control mod load order for Turok. The steam workshop works off your subscription date, and GOG players must use the mods folder, which loads in alphabetical order. Rocket Launcher gives us the ability to load mods in any order we want. This means that mods that require compatibility patches, or unofficial patches, or tweaks, are all fully possible now, because you can control their order.

Second, it provides a mod launcher for GOG players, I am not aware if the GOG editor has any kind of mod launcher. So I consider this important for them.

So, I think having an "official" launcher for Turok will be a huge benefit to everyone, and of course I plan on putting my code on github soon.

This is very important, yeah, we already having mods which require other mods loaded, as well as needing load order to combine mods so that they do not overwrite each other.

Please keep us updated, need this to see the light of day.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2019, 10:58:09 PM »
UPDATE: Released the second version. Use it instead!

https://github.com/Doommarine23/RocketLauncher2/releases/tag/T-v0.2

I've announced it on the Discord and I'll do it here too. Here is the first release of my extension of Rocket Launcher.

https://github.com/Doommarine23/RocketLauncher2/releases/tag/T-v0.1

Turok 1 is fully supported, and right now this is Windows only. There is instructions on how to use on the page, its super simple.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:03:49 PM by DoomMarine23 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal