Author Topic: Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball  (Read 20567 times)

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
  • T:REP 109
    • View Profile
Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball
« on: June 02, 2017, 11:09:40 PM »
Here's a dodgeball mod that I'm updating pretty frequently

There's 13 modded weapons right now, all seem to be working fine in multiplayer

Dodgeballs/Superballs
Standard dodgeballs with a small chance to crit and send balls of steel flying everywhere. Secondary ammo is the superball, which shoots 3 faster balls. You can only hold one superball at a time. All dodgeballs are instakill
Each superball will turn into a box of regular dodgeballs each giving you 5 balls, and a regular dodgeball crit will turn into a superball pickup

Tennis ball launcher
Fires tennis balls with high bounce energy, each doing a small amount of damage, making it the only projectile that isn't instakill. Maximum 3 shots

Magic baseballs
A baseball that splits into more baseballs when it hits the ground. Replaces the 10 health pickup spot. You can only hold 2 at a time

Nuke balls
Nuke with smaller blast radius, but shoots out 40 superballs

Meteor Gun
The pistol received a small upgrade allowing it to call in meteor airstrikes. Only has one shot

Laser Ball Chainsaw
It's a laser chainsaw except it's also a ball

Plasma balls (Texture by DoomMarine23)
Plasma rifle that shoots a line of slow moving plasma balls. Maximum 10 rounds where each shot costs 5

Voodoo Bore
With the power of voodoo magic, Wilson will latch onto your head and explode into 16 mini-Wilsons. Maximum 1 shot and takes the place of the Cerebral Bore and ultra health spawns

Rubber Blue Ball Launcher
Fire rubber blue balls as fast as you can click, or hold to charge for a stronger, faster shot. Strongest charge will gain speed with every bounce

Torpedo
A weapon that isn't really a weapon. It doesn't shoot anything but makes you go really fast on land and in water. Leftclick to honk
https://streamable.com/y4t92

Cannon Ball Launcher
Fires 3 giant cannon balls at a time, pierces enemies

Pingpong Cannon
Superfast firestorm cannon that shoots pingpong balls, 150 shots.
https://streamable.com/zhunn

Wave Blade
Turok now shoots wave beams. Penetrates walls, low damage

You can also play as:

Jerry

Drone
Giant green alien bug that shoots lasers. Does around 35 damage per hit

Sister of Despair
She can move fast and fire slow moving blue skulls, instakill

Child
A giant child, you pretty much need to crouch to get through doorways

Shotgun
Play as a shotgun, secondary ammo shoots a max payne head that shoots flames

Razorwind
Play as a razorwind that can also throw razorwinds. Jump at players to cause damage

And the following inanimate objects:
Large Spinning Object
Dead Soldier
Giant Alien Egg
Crate (custom model by DoomMarine23)
Nintendo 64 Expansion Pak (custom model by DoomMarine23)
Chair

More Raptor Fest Enemies
12 more enemies, including 3 larger variants that start spawning after 100 kills.
Nala, Bio-bot, Fireborn, Death Guard, Primagen Trooper, Lord of the Flesh, Juggernaut, Sister of Despair, Swamp Wasp, Grub, Giant Endtrail and Cave Spider

8 new maps (plus one that barely counts as a map)
Ballpocalypse
Crossfire
Zoom City
Musical Chair
Musical Chairs by me and postal
Jerry's Chamber

mariolol and notdwango by Kaiser/Edward850
(Link to his Facepunch post because Steam removes mediafire links)
Grid Map by Doctor Flounder Box

Old video showing off the weapons

Video from earlier today showing some of the new stuff

Download - last updated 8/3/2017
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgb5662udz4yoqq/dodgeball.kpf?dl=0

Thank you to postal for testing and coming up with some weapon ideas, and DoomMarine23 for some custom textures, lightmap building, and (eventually) models.
Edward850 and Kaiser have also been very helpful with their mod support by fixing a few problems I was having

Also Behemothprogrammer's Fireseed model and animation editor has been very useful, letting me modify the warblade, torpedo launcher, raptor, and also add footsteps sounds and blood to the turok_and_friends animations. I also wouldn't have been able to add the sister of despair model into MP without it cause one of the keyframes would spawn an actor when she died, causing an assertion failure.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:08:36 PM by ilgm »

Offline postal

• Iguana
  • T:REP 60
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:17:55 AM »
this mod is fun as fuck. also, cross post from the videos thread:

after tomorrows game I'll have a new video up. got some ridiculous footage from today's testing session so I'll just combine them together

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »
This looks cray.

It won't set my rig on fire, will it?

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 11:35:16 AM »
This looks cray.

It won't set my rig on fire, will it?
That depends on what kind of potato you're running on. I have a GTX 770 and an i5 4670, haven't really noticed any framerate drops. The nuke is probably the most taxing with its 40 balls, used to be 64.
There's a few hitches in my latest video, shadowplay's fault.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:38:48 AM by ilgm »

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 04:48:28 PM »
Well, I'll try joining a game when I get some time.

You need to do this on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday schedule.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 03:03:18 AM »
I didn't have any performance issue when I was test playing that jumppad map lol I was shooting around. But I have nvidia gtx870 and gtx1060 ran fine for me. I like to see screenshots too :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 11:20:48 AM »
Looks pretty crazy here and fun. We are working on getting this mod on Turok Sanctum :) Your mod should be here soon. We just work a lot. Good work.

Btw looks like Duke 64 chose one of the dodgeball videos for this months featured video.

https://turoksanctum.com/
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 10:52:44 PM »
Looks pretty crazy here and fun. We are working on getting this mod on Turok Sanctum :) Your mod should be here soon. We just work a lot. Good work.

Btw looks like Duke 64 chose one of the dodgeball videos for this months featured video.

https://turoksanctum.com/
Hey that's pretty cool, thanks. Do you link to this thread or host the file on your site? I update the dropbox file whenever I add or fix anything so I'm not sure how that'll work

I've got a new video showing off the new shotgun player model and some lighting changes I did to the bullseye map.

At this point this mod is barely about dodgeball anymore. I'm just seeing what I can do with the remaining weapon slots. The last 3 weapons I've added, which are locked to the model that uses them, rely less on bouncing balls. Maybe that way there can be a balance between balls and bullets. Dodgeballs are the only weapon that can get a jerry crit though so they're still the best
I wanted to change the lighting in Bullseye, but since you can't remove lightmaps I had to copy and move everything up outside of the original lightmap and then placed some different lights. Kinda strange but it worked. Maybe I'll add some stuff to the map too, but I gotta finish Ballpocalypse first

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »
You're going above and beyond adding things to this mod, I want to say congratulations for what you have so far :P

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »
We update whenever the modder updates and yes we host the files. We make a post about the mod and then add a download to it. If a modder updates there mod then we add the new version. Take Badgers Open World mod for example its updated 2-3 times since we started. Even though we have in store all of the versions we just present the latest. We still have some organizing to do but when we are done. Each post will have:

A link to the release threads, a link to the original supplied download (dropbox google drive etc etc), and a current download from the site.

https://turoksanctum.com/open-world-alpha/

This one is close to how we want to have them when finished:
https://turoksanctum.com/fireseed-model-animation-editor/

Btw cool stuff you added dude.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal