Author Topic: Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball  (Read 20352 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 09:27:08 AM »
Okay I added in some dodgeball pickups to hopefully make single player a little bit easier. The 3 superballs you shoot will all turn into a box of 5 balls to pickup, and a regular dodgeball's crit will drop a superball. Still, with modded pickups and weapons not intended for singleplayer, it's gonna be really weird. I imagine you'd have to use the warblade wave beam a lot

Edit:
I'm not sure why I had the ammo limit for dodgeballs set to 20, I raised it a little bit to 9999 to make singleplayer a little easier.

Nice job I will try to play sp too :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
When the mod is more stable (developed), I could go through and make an "SP Friendly" version that has better balance.

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
  • T:REP 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 09:01:57 PM »
When the mod is more stable (developed), I could go through and make an "SP Friendly" version that has better balance.
Yeah that'd be good. The fact that there's barely any health pickups right now is probably the biggest problem with singleplayer. I did that for more weapon/ammo pickups in MP cause most weapons are instakill anyway

i added some more AI into Raptor Fest
Fireborn, Nala, Biobot, Primagen Trooper, Primagen Guard, Juggernaut, Cave Spider, Death Guard and Lord of the Flesh
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:23:40 PM by ilgm »

Offline postal

• Iguana
  • T:REP 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 07:16:01 PM »
some more footage from the latest build

Offline postal

• Iguana
  • T:REP 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 05:13:16 AM »
Here's some clips from our biggest game of dodgeball yet, and also some of the new maps being worked on currently. Managed to get up to 9 players at one point.

total insanity

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 04:36:06 PM »
Cool there let us know when the link updates so I can update on turok sanctum :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 07:08:00 PM »
Cool there let us know when the link updates so I can update on turok sanctum :)
Oh right I should probably add a date to the download link in the OP. Last updated yesterday, so you can probably update the turok sanctum link tomorrow or later tonight cause I'll have a fixed version of one of the maps up. Edward and Kaiser found that there was an occlusion issue with one of the models

Edit:
Okay I just updated it with the fixed version of the map
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:02:40 AM by ilgm »

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 08:03:21 PM »
Newman's secret room is now in Zoom City. It's supposed to be a white void but SSAO kinda ruined that illusion. I fixed that by changing the room into a sphere, but the lines still show if you use SAO.

Also a cannonball launcher to replace the scorpion launcher.

postal and BehemothProgrammer found a kexstudio bug that adds to the map's filesize and loadtime with every save after loading the map. Stuff like "ammo_weight_13" gets added to generators every save, which pretty much multiplies the filesize after awhile. Replacing all the generators in crossfire brought the map from 11.7mb down to 1.53mb. At first it went to 800kb but I had to save the map again cause I forgot to change some generator respawn times. I updated the download link with that version. And if anyone just wants the map without dodgeball:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/11gfdo1zdn36vc5/Crossfire.kpf?dl=0

I also loaded up turok 2 on the n64 a few days ago to compare a few things and I noticed that player height was a little bit smaller, so I matched that in dodgeball
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:12:29 PM by ilgm »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »
Newman's secret room is now in Zoom City. It's supposed to be a white void but SSAO kinda ruined that illusion. I fixed that by changing the room into a sphere, but the lines still show if you use SAO.

Also a cannonball launcher to replace the scorpion launcher.

postal and BehemothProgrammer found a kexstudio bug that adds to the map's filesize and loadtime with every save after loading the map. Stuff like "ammo_weight_13" gets added to generators every save, which pretty much multiplies the filesize after awhile. Replacing all the generators in crossfire brought the map from 11.7mb down to 1.53mb. At first it went to 800kb but I had to save the map again cause I forgot to change some generator respawn times. I updated the download link with that version. And if anyone just wants the map without dodgeball:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/11gfdo1zdn36vc5/Crossfire.kpf?dl=0

I also loaded up turok 2 on the n64 a few days ago to compare a few things and I noticed that player height was a little bit smaller, so I matched that in dodgeball
Dennis Nedry Newman xD

I just updated on the site. Sorry its just me doing this lately :)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:54:21 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead