Author Topic: Gazerbeams House - Turok LvL beta release  (Read 9839 times)

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
Gazerbeams House - Turok LvL beta release
« on: February 13, 2017, 07:35:12 AM »
Well I packaged it up and posted it on Steam. I'm sure there are bugs. Please post them on Steam Discussion or here in this post. When I fix the bugs and get it thoroughly stable I'll post the kpf here. just so there's not a lot of different versions on different machines.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863167511 <--that should be it
Thanks to everyone who gave me help, especially Smoke39 and Duke64.
The guides they have made are important if your going to map on this Kex editor.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:36:32 AM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Re: Gazerbeams House - Turok LvL beta release
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »
Looks nice, i'll try it out tonight!

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 11:49:37 PM »
Getting crash at startup, and it doesn't matter if developer is enabled or not.

Crashlog:
http://pastebin.com/TvFikt23

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:49:36 AM »
I have a wild blue guess, that I'm pulling out of the air, why it might crash like that. But it would be a long shot. I used the mapid_1 101 and that is the same mapid_1 101 that the tutorial map used. Although my warptid is unique. Also I noted that it is beta release so if I can figure out what causes it to crash then I can fix it.

Badger could you check your defs folder and see if you have mapid_1 101 set in your mapInfo.txt?

Thanks - Gazer

EDIT: update, I went in and changed all the warps and the warpid and that was not the issue. I think this level will never be developer "0". I cannot find a thing wrong with it. Being my first level with this editor, I assume that somewhere along the way, I gave a bad keystroke and it embedded in the map file and cannot be removed. With that being said I will do what I can to fix any other errors you report. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:03:05 AM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:37:31 PM »
Oh So Hi -- I found the error causing the crash Badger. Hey did you ever watch a movie called 'Red Dawn' (v1984). Badgers are mentioned as 'ferocious animals' in that one.

So I'll get it fixed up today. Thanks - Gazer

Edit: OK there's a Hizouse without the developer "1" problem. I'm not happy with it but there it is. The beta1 has better doors. The 'fixed' version the doors are transparent and they blink. On the steam page. I'll post a final release next week if there are no more problems.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:19:29 PM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 08:25:14 PM »
I just got done playing it. I love the layout! Nice to see custom textures too. The enemies are all weird, but that just adds to the charm. The only thing that kinda irks me is item placement, very scarce ammo and weapons. You should make a warp in the hub level to an actual house though, get a mansion full of secrets n all that goodness.

Gazer monkey DLC
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:33:42 PM by Badger »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 11:57:12 PM »
I missed this :o will check it out but just don't see a gog version :/
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
Thanks Badger, I kept the pickups scarce to keep it challenging even though the enemies are not very difficult. There's a couple  minigun ammo, 2 grenade launchers and a lot of enemies drop grenades, a lot of explosive shotgun, ultra health pickup before the final battle. The idea was to make it a challenge even though the battles are introductory level. From there  the mapper can build harder levels and add them to the map via the hub system at the initial spawn point.

Hi Rok I didn't know there was a different compile for GoG version, that doesn't sound right. There was a bad model of mine in the beta1 version, try the beta2 and see if that loads up.

Thanks, Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 12:46:27 AM »
But I only see a link for steam I don't have steam so I also can't download anything off steam. That is why I need gog version to dl.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 01:45:10 AM »
Saturday I'll post the download here, I want to tweak a few things and get those doors how I like them. Saturday Rok.
No Ciggi

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal