Author Topic: Turok: Mountain of the Sun  (Read 41923 times)

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
Re: Turok: Mountain of the Sun
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 07:59:37 PM »
Updated on steam to version 1.1 (Turok Sanctum soon to follow)
- You can now select Easy and Normal difficulty and they both have 50% less enemies on the maps.
- After you beat the game the dismemberment cheat is automatically activated and you warp to the first level of the main game.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 08:02:35 PM »
This shit is hard.

I gave up and used cheats to blaze through the level and let me tell you, this is a masochist's wet dream.
I hope Adon said her famous words to you for cheating.
Of course she did.
I would like to see how you're playing though. How much are you moving and shooting?
Yeah, but funny enough, I was dying thanks to those sneaky traps you put around, also extended draw distance gives the AI eagle vision for some reason.

Are you only dying a couple of times and then quiting? Because the amount of lives you rack up can be alot and I don't want players to go through the maps with 9 lives and 99 life forces all the time like the main game. I want some challenge. Did you find any secrets with coyote talismans that increase your defense?
I only managed to find one coyote talisman, but that was pure luck I guess, I'll take on the level again when I get some free time.

By the way those water elevators? PURE FUCKING GENIUS.

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »
By the way those water elevators? PURE FUCKING GENIUS.
That's the reason why I started making the first maps for this mod. I said I wanted water that moves and the player can go in and around it. So my first maps I made was the floating water maps. Then I wanted a bow that could hook on to things, and then I just kept making more maps until I got tired.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:13:37 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 09:46:41 AM »
I didn't think it was that hard so far. I'll get the update anyways but yeah I think the extended draw distance isn't really meant in Turok. I play with it off still to this day because enemies don't have the same behaviors with it on. Even though its a cool feature and a needed one it effects the gameplay of Turok 1.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »
It wasnt unbeatable for me neither. BTW adding easy/normal? before starting I set the game on hard, do you mean that even if I didnt they game would had done it automatically?

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 04:35:04 PM »
I didn't think it was that hard so far. I'll get the update anyways but yeah I think the extended draw distance isn't really meant in Turok. I play with it off still to this day because enemies don't have the same behaviors with it on. Even though its a cool feature and a needed one it effects the gameplay of Turok 1.
I never play with it off, and didn't know it actually effected anything else other than the fog distance. So I never tested to see how this mod looks and behaves with it off. hopefully it's fine.

It wasnt unbeatable for me neither. BTW adding easy/normal? before starting I set the game on hard, do you mean that even if I didnt they game would had done it automatically?
Yeah I set to hard automatically before.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:35:40 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline Manhs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 03:32:20 AM »
I uploaded a Let's Play of this map, i get some gave over at the final boss because i had only 1 life to survive so i just cut this part for the last battle where i won.
The map (like a mini expansion) is really awesome, the level design is great and fun to play, it mix a lot of things and i like the adds (new enemies, weapons changes) it's not too much or crazy.
The final boss are really hard [spoiler]specially the robot guy but i had enough live to fight him [/spoiler]

I found only 1 totem and 6 talismans and i needed 2 hours to play it in normal mode (is there hard or hardcore enabled?)
What does the talismans, some buff? What does the totem, secret area or boost too? I could replay it and take the time to find everything.

Anyway, it was awesome to play it, thank you!

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »
I gave it a try again and no matter what, I can't seem to find the 4th totem thing.

I got doom, blood and the last one before confronting the final boss.

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »
@Manhs: Awesome I'm glad you liked it! I watched your playthrough and I see some of the things I should change in some areas to make it easier and less annoying so thanks for that. Coyote Talismans permanently increase your resistance to all damage. Cougar Talismans permanently increase your speed. Mortal Wounds permanently grant you 5 Max Health. Power Totems will upgrade the chronoscepter. On the harder difficulties there are more enemies and the bosses are a bit harder. Something important you missed in the first lava catacombs level is the Heart of Fire which will allow you to walk/swim through lava without taking damage and making you reach new secrets.

@Coyote Knight: Seems like you missed the Duke. He's the first one you can get. He's in the first jungle in the big waterfall area, Underwater Cave, dead end with a skull on the ground indicates a fake wall (I should put more skulls for all secret walls. Just 1 skull doesn't seem very noticeable to anyone).

So I'll be adding a new mode soon to play it through again look for that. And the things I need to fix are: Change the waterseeker platform map a lot and make it less annoying. Make the first lava catacombs area easier on easy/normal difficulty. And make secrets more noticeable.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:56:51 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
  • T:REP 472
  • Am I'm a Kid, or am I'm a Squid! - Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 08:48:04 PM »
SPOILERS
If you want to risk reading it below, your hype of this will likely be ruined....
you're still here? OK you've been warned.

I'm guessing the last totem, which is Lo Wang is inside an upside down volcano in a cave in a final level.
But you will need a Heart of Fire Suit to get him.

"WHO WANTED SOME WANG!"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:53:05 PM by thebestmlTBM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal