Author Topic: Turok Evolution Models  (Read 155727 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Evolution Models
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
Wonders if there is anymore coming ? :D
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 01:38:53 PM »
Hello, friends! This is a test post! I would've done this earlier, but there was something up with the forums and it wouldn't let me post anything. I still don't know if it will, so if this goes through, the experiment was a success. :P

A big thank you to Duke for splitting this off into its own thread. And again for letting me know that one of the posts didn't transfer over properly. I'll go ahead and quote it here for completion's sake.

Apologies for the delay. Life things happened. I wanted to give a quick update just to let you know that I'm not dead and before I forgot a thing.

To start off with, here's the Sleg Worker.

And here's the Suspended City trooper. The thing that I didn't want to forget is that this model is also listed under "Galyanna Medic," even though there is a separate Galyanna Medic model. A leftover from an earlier development phase perhaps?

Lastly for this update, the Suspended City Sergeant, which is also listed under "Galyanna Sergeant." I don't remember ever seeing one in the single player campaign. I know Crust uses this model in multiplayer. And yes, there's another shadow issue, this time with his nose.

Hopefully, I'll have some more stuff for you lot later tonight.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 09:41:33 PM »
It seems that the problem with the post was that it had too many URLs, so the already-tiny update will have to be broken up into smaller chunks. Here's part one:

Non-Beta:
First is the spiky-tailed armadillo. I'm guessing this was supposed to be a Doedicurus or something similar.

Then there's the Macaw, in flight and landed flavors.

Macaw 01
Macaw 02

And the frog, which I took two separately-angled pictures of because no matter which way I looked at him, nothing seemed right.

Frog 01
Frog 02

Lastly we have the Ankylosaurus Tank. The turrets themselves are a separate model, so if we ever get .mtf files working, I'll go back and see if I can staple the models together well enough for a render.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 09:42:11 PM »
And here's part two. Such as it is. :V

Beta:
Only one beta model for now. This is the crane, also in flight and landed flavors.

Crane 01
Crane 02

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 12:11:24 PM »
Those are really great Operative thanks for sharing more work :D I really like that crane, macaw, and armadillo. I thought I was going to say the frog is cute but when I saw him xD his hands are triangles and I am not seeing a face on him. I really like these simple models because they added to the life of the environment in the jungle.

I AM ADON

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 03:23:11 PM »
Thank you very much, Duke!

Hello, friends! It's update time.

Non-Beta:

First off are two Axe Beaks. Visually they're the same, but the second one is labelled "Axe Beak Death"; I'm thinking it's just an animation differentiator.

Axe Beak 01
Axe Beak 02

Here's everybody's favorite Baboon.

And here's the Chimpanzee.

And the Dragonfly.

The Crocodile. The game's files call it a "Gator," but come now, it isn't one. :V

The Gazelle.

The Iguana. I don't think its spines actually show up in-game, though.

The Lemur. Look at how ridiculous it is.

This is the Lemur Backpack. Now, not really having dabbled in multiplayer modes that aren't Deathmatch, I'm only vaguely certain that this is the "monkey" from the Monkey Tag mode. Since the player holds the "monkey" instead of getting turned into one, it's a safe assumption, at any rate. Not a monkey, though.

Here's a Missile Turret. The same deal as the Ball Turret applies here: I'm not sure if this is actually in the game as I never bothered to closely examine the turret emplacements during the flight levels. I'm going to say that it is, though. The game's files also call this a "Limpet Turret," which doesn't make since to me since a limpet is a type of magnetic, underwater mine.

The Parasaurolophus.

And the Tenontosaurus.

The Plesiosaurus.

The "Pre-Horse". It's pretty much a Palaeotherium, right?

The Pteranodon, which turned out to be a smaller, re-skinned Quetzalcoatlus (or was the Quetz a larger, re-skinned Pteranodon?¿?)

Speaking of, here's a Quetzalcoatlus without the armed saddle.

It's Raptor time! There are four of them, so you can collect them all and be your own Owen Grady.

Raptor 01
Raptor 02
Raptor 03
Raptor 04

The Saber-Toothed Cat.

I hope you like Snapping Turtles. There are five of them. I'm not sure if any of them other than the third/fourth one were used anywhere. I only recall drab turtles.

Turtle 01
Turtle 02
Turtle 03
Turtle 04
Turtle 05

The Stegosaurus. I also found this other one that I didn't bother to texture, as it was all sorts of stretched around the ridiculously gaping hole in its side.

And lastly, the Uintatherium.

Beta:

First on the Beta list is the Warthog. I'm sad this one didn't make it. We haven't had any porcine wildlife since Dinosaur Hunter.

Next is the Komodo Dragon, an enemy cut so late in development that it got its own entry in the strategy guide. :P (alongside the Crossbow Soldier and the Flamethrower Guard)

Here's a Salmon. I don't think this made it into the game. At least I don't remember any fish anywhere. Could be wrong, though.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:44:14 PM by Duke64 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 04:22:23 PM »
These are easily some of my favorites in the game! I am a reptile guy so this post is awesome and the turtles... here is how much I like them :P

Made one of them PNG format with no background

Also for fun :P

Want to say thanks so far Operative! and good job everyone.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 03:50:57 PM »
Wow! Dang Operative now that is an update right there! Plus they are pretty amazing that komodo dragon is really something. Thanks very much for sharing if I was to write all I was thinking I would probably take up a hole page hahah :)

And Duke really awesome Turtle picture I almost want it as a profile pic xD
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:53:22 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 10:46:20 AM »
Oh my these are great :) and Duke that Turtle picture is so neat. Love it absolutely
I AM ADON

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2015, 09:24:30 PM »
Thanks a lot for sharing the models with the textures! I only saw the textures. But how did you opened the models?! Also anybody found Kronosaurus model?
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal