Author Topic: Retexture  (Read 24870 times)

Offline Dakuwan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 253
    • View Profile
Re: Retexture
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 03:35:19 AM »
"Yeah man its a dry heat"

http://imgur.com/a/dcGmq

Firestorm and water tests...

Part of me thinks its too blue, like tropical farcry 3 blue... But then again it looks great in other places... I will probably make it darker... Eventually... Because animations, are a pain in my ass.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 12:27:50 AM »
holy moly that water looks so nice! I've always thought the water quality downgraded compared to T1, so it's refreshing to see.

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 07:17:46 AM »
It really is starting to come together. :)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Dakuwan

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »
Thank you all, I said it before, its hard, its no pay, but its all love.

Regarding how its coming together, last night I was in full 4096x2140 4k last night, in the first gilded pool area in Adia, with water fall switch key, and I was really feeling immersed in what I was seeing. I was actually questioning "is this T2?" holy crap... For anyone who wears corrective lenses knows the difference between seeing an object with and without them being on. Its like the haze of the 90's textures was cleansed, and left crystal clarity and that "new texture" smell.

So, that gilded pool area is nearly done, going to track down the <15 textures in Adia I have left to do, finish the teleporter, and either do Turok or the first Oblivion map. Then Port of Adia / Weapons / Enemies within that level will be available for release.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks to Duke64 for the thoughtfulness, and generosity to the Turok modding community, and enabling us to create and share so easily. This is the first time I am actually saying this without sarcasm...

"YOU ARE A PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY"

Offline Dakuwan

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 07:41:56 AM »
So I wrestled with the waterfall sprite for about 5 hours, boy what a nightmare that was, but finally got something worth using. Crushed a whole bunch of little textures here there, and did one last scan of Adia. I have less than 30 textures to go, small crap like books, maps, undersides of bridges, rare interior walls, a bed, a pillow, one or two random wood pieces, and the teleporters of Adia to get close to being done.

I have been wasting way too much time fooling around with sprites, water, waterfalls, and animations... 150+ down 2,350 to go....

Hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday I can have some new pics and maybe a video to look at of a next to complete retexture of Adia, minus seams, color correction, and subtle shading to certain textures... Thank GOD River of Souls shares about 1/4 of Adias textures...

Offline Dakuwan

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 11:57:00 AM »
Thank you Gael,
 I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Last night after Update #2, it broke my tex mods, all I could see was a vacuum of space and random fire textures/sky. I questioned is it worth doing this retexture if it will not work in the end... I spent the remainder of the evening trouble shooting the issue. I had to manually reapply every single .png to get it to work. whats wierd is that every single file I added was the same as the "mods" folder... Something about my "mods" folder caused corruption.

Regardless, it works now. Tonight I intend to finish the random small textures of Adia, and perhaps make a video of the results...

I have OBS and xsplit(doesnt work on turok 2)... Does anyone recommend a specific video editing software that allows for fade scene-scene, and/or logos to make it look more legit?

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 02:53:02 PM »

Special Thanks to Duke64 for the thoughtfulness, and generosity to the Turok modding community, and enabling us to create and share so easily. This is the first time I am actually saying this without sarcasm...

"YOU ARE A PILLAR OF THE COMMUNITY"

Nice!! But hey 64 has been a pillar of Turok for years now imo, before remasters became something. I saw it he's been banished by other forums for mentioning Turok all the time and things like that :/ Been told things like "stop talking about Turok or else" and "Why are you still bringing up Turok its an old dead game" and "No point in making a Turok forum the community is dead". Even after all that here we are.

And I hope those dumb-asses feel stupid now. I seen some of the same dumb asses talking shit about turok to him are now playing Turok 2 LMAO lame af. I should let them know and confront them but i don't go on shit hole forums or steam forums xD

Even if one person only like your retexture mod, it is worthy!

100% true do what you do to enjoy it yeah guys counting on others is a long shot. Just enjoy make fun stuff all about having fun and actualyl being able to :) Good work Dakuwan and Gael also those screens look pretty good too you shared.

Anyways, on topic. I would definitely give the retexture mod a go I'm more interested in a texture mod for Turok 2 more than Turok 1 for some odd reason. Keep it up fellaz

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:57:19 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 08:21:43 PM »
I'm not worried with all of this hey thanks though I am along with GoT and it equals Guardian of Turok not PoT hehh ;) I put one foot in front the other and continue with my madness I tend to bury myself in projects, like right now won't mention that here :o But yeah its all for good intentions and fun. I think we all are pillars anyone involved enough is.

Hey can't wait to see what you do with the Fireborn probably going to be pretty awesome there.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:47:24 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 12:37:46 AM »
Another cool one to see one of the oblivion monsters??
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Dakuwan

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 03:23:44 AM »
Thanks all, I got alot of ideas for future monsters. I kinda wish I could take off from work for a month and get this done, but alas, real life changes are making it difficult to get as much done as I would like.

Your interest is greatly appreciated...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal