Author Topic: Brutal Turok 0.3.1 (SteamWorkshop support)  (Read 47990 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal Turok 0.3.1 (SteamWorkshop support)
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »
I understand that nightdive wants the return on their investment. Why shouldn't they be responsible when updating the game that the mods on steam workshop operate as before the update patch? It's a bit of a letdown really. I bought the game with the intention of building levels as the editor is a major advertisement for the sale of the game. I probably would have paid the full $20 had I heard about it when it was released. Good thing I only paid $5. I'd like to try this mod but alas Plissken, nightdive and steam wont let me! It's a conspiracy!  :o

My whole setup is down again, this time I had to backup a hard drive , format it and reinstall windows, a few other things. Still have to setup some new hardware. And still have to reinstall a few things. This happens right in the middle of days and days back to back of work I'm doing on getting is next update out. I was moments away. When I'm back online any day now, I'll get back to work on the next update and I'll keep your comment in mind. I am not sure if the current version on the steam workshop works or if it dose not. If it dose not work I will not be checking untill I update the working updated build I'm working on and I'll have out any day now, I'll also check around for future comments like this.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2017, 09:24:01 PM »
hI Snake, of course I was commenting on the whole STEAM API and the 'take it or leave it' attitude that people love to have these days.  :-X A conspiracy indeed! And with the small following that this game carries, it's unlikely that someone talented enough to remove the steam api from this game, will make the effort to do so. Therefore we are stuck with whatever nightdive and valve seem fit to deliver us from evil amen. Of course you or I could learn how to do it, I'm sure there are tutorials out there somewhere but then trump might block our twitter feed and the universe would spin all wobbly and my GI joe might lose his kung fu grip and Turok would crawl back to oblivion.

Get the picture. It's for fun so please don't sweat it. I appreciate what your doing. Brutal Turok looks awesome. I look forward to it in the future.
No Ciggi

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 07:27:04 AM »
hI Snake, of course I was commenting on the whole STEAM API and the 'take it or leave it' attitude that people love to have these days.  :-X A conspiracy indeed! And with the small following that this game carries, it's unlikely that someone talented enough to remove the steam api from this game, will make the effort to do so. Therefore we are stuck with whatever nightdive and valve seem fit to deliver us from evil amen. Of course you or I could learn how to do it, I'm sure there are tutorials out there somewhere but then trump might block our twitter feed and the universe would spin all wobbly and my GI joe might lose his kung fu grip and Turok would crawl back to oblivion.

Get the picture. It's for fun so please don't sweat it. I appreciate what your doing. Brutal Turok looks awesome. I look forward to it in the future.

Ok. I want to understand. Let me know what the core issue is. And let me know if my current understanding is correct: you are unable to use the brutal Turok mod? Or your unable to properly update your Turok game? These are the reasons why you wish to see the steam API removed and the game remain startable in its current software version, launchable without steam. Let me have a better understanding of the situation so I can properly respond. Also thank you for trying the mod, for those who are interested they will find I'm a very nice and loving person who cares for all. And don't be confused, I am here to help, those who you may see me give a hard time to will only be seen getting a hard time from me if they justify gave me a good reason, and this only happens when individuals exhibit directly to me or wile in my posts a sense of personality like that of Others who are responsible for all of the worlds misery. Where ever I roam is a piece loveing place no ifs ands or buts and I see to it. With that being said you can see I'll be here to help, re inform me again just what the issue is.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2017, 07:44:35 AM »
Great Job, keep up the good work --  ???

ty, gg, rotflmao - Gazer
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:28:22 PM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal