Turok General > Turok Comics Discussion

Are the Dynamite Comics Really That Bad?

(1/2) > >>

Old One Eye:
I see the Dynamite comics get a lot of flack.  Are they really that bad or is more a case of people not liking something that's not their usual taste?

Just curious. :)

Jay Doomed:
They just don't compare to the likes of Son of Sone and Turok Dinosaur Hunter and the art is not nearly as good either. That being sid ehh I don't mid looking through one occasionally but its just not as good.

operative lm:
A lot of Valiant fans hold a grudge against Dynamite due to some fairly underhanded business practices/extortion tactics that happened during the Acclaim IP auction way back when; that might account for at least a small portion of the negativity you're hearing.

I thought the Dynamite run was neat for the first two arcs. Then Turok literally became Robin Hood, Sherwood Forest and all. At that point, the line's cancellation was a mercy.

Gold Key: Alliance was okay. Interested to see where Sovereigns goes.

Old One Eye:
So, they're not so bad then?

I had no idea about the underhanded dealings that went on.  I'll have to look around and research that a bit.

The main reason I was asking is that they seem a little more attainable over here in Blighty and I'm tempted to buy some Turok comics.  Thing is, I like to try and have complete runs of the comics I collect (I have a very small collection!).  Dynamite comics seem to be a reasonable entry point into the Turok comic thang. :)

operative lm:
Not too bad at all. If you're wanting complete runs, I'd also suggest seeing if you can get a hold of Dark Horse's line; it's only four issues. :P  And comparatively speaking, it's closer to the original premise than Dynamite's run was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version