Author Topic: GamesRadar Streams David Dienstbier Interview  (Read 10399 times)

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
GamesRadar Streams David Dienstbier Interview
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »
Earlier today, in celebration of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter's 20th anniversary, GamesRadar streamed some gameplay while calling up David Dienstbier on Skype. It was a pretty neat interview, but naturally one that I wish was another 30 minutes or so longer. :P

Here's the link:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125480737

That's for the Dienstbier-only part of the stream. There's another video you can check out that has a half hour of the two guys messing with the game before the call begins. Also, I'm pretty amused by David's original idea for the game including what I assume he means to be the Golden Tigers, who in the Valiant comic were the enforcers of a Triad-like crime boss known as Chun Lee Fat.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: GamesRadar Streams David Dienstbier Interview
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:03:08 AM »
Thanks for sharing! Its amazing.

I know omg nobody celebrated Turok 1 turning 20 :/. I was so busy but I must make something for that still I promise! David doesn't know what they did giving us this game xD obsessed Turok fans! Lots of Turok things today :D Turok is the best period xD Could you imagine if it was called Turok Honker Hunter lmao.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:21:06 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 10:27:17 AM »
Thanks for sharing! Its amazing.

I know omg nobody celebrated Turok 1 turning 20 :/. I was so busy but I must make something for that still I promise! David doesn't know what they did giving us this game xD obsessed Turok fans! Lots of Turok things today :D Turok is the best period xD Could you imagine if it was called Turok Honker Hunter lmao.

Yeah we will celebrate Turok turning 20. Actually it doesn't have to be the exact day though :) Honker Hunter would be weird yeah lol

Thanks for sharing Operative this is awesome! Nice to see David though he's been pretty mia lately.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »
Turok: Honker Hunter is the newest upcoming title, whos with me?
Funny enough I would play it lol
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Doom Dojo

• Iguana
  • T:REP 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
Can't believe Turok is 20 now. That's pretty sick someone release a map or some awesome photoshop images please! Also, I don't know much about the devs sadly but I seen videos of David before and he was really cool person shooting guns and walking through jungles. Good update in 2017 recapping Turok.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 10:00:25 PM »
I say again like I said on facebook, I'm sure David and the Turok team don't care much about being credited but they did do a lot in the fps scene with Turok aren't credited enough. Not many devs would go into that level of getting in the game though. Obviously he didn't have the same roles on Turok Evo but don't care what anyone said about Evolution the heart of Turok is definitely in there.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:05:06 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 08:01:05 PM »
Can't believe Turok is 20 now. That's pretty sick someone release a map or some awesome photoshop images please! Also, I don't know much about the devs sadly but I seen videos of David before and he was really cool person shooting guns and walking through jungles. Good update in 2017 recapping Turok.
Did this while listening to that stream the other day..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal