Author Topic: What Turok is your favorite? (poll)  (Read 109051 times)

Offline Nato

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
Re: What Turok is your favorite? (poll)
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 01:06:06 PM »
Turok Dinosaur Hunter is my favourite.
Running around the jungle with a hunting knife, slashing jerks necks to a tribal beat is great fun. The shotgun is Turok DH has the 2nd best in FPS games. (Doom's shotty being the king)

Offline Manhs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »
I liked a lot the atmosphere of Turok 1 but the level desig of Turok 2 was so cool and fun to fight with the enemies, i think, i will go with T2.
But there was awesome stuff in T1 like the auto-shotgun or the fight with the T-Rex (need more T-rex battle!  ;D ) they are so scaring  :o
Turok 2 then Turok 1, i haven't played the others.

I think, i will try Turok 3 ^^

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 02:59:12 PM »
I've chosen Turok 2 as my favourite simply because that's the one I've put most hours into.  I don't know how much of my life I've thrown into that game but it's a lot!

The first game is super cool and I love it as much as SoE but I just haven't spent as much time with it.

I'm ashamed to say that I've never completed Shadow of Oblivion (so please don't spoil the ending!).  I got it at the end of my time with the N64 which I then traded in to get my 'Cube and then eagerly awaited Evolution. 

Evolution was fun enough but I must admit I was a little underwhelmed...  I suppose, at the time, I just presumed that it would push the GameCube as hard as the first 3 games pushed the N64.  And those bloody loading times... Grrrr!  I also really, really missed the wobbly camera when Turok climbed things.  In the earlier games Turok felt like he had real heft and weight behind him.  The GameCube game just didn't have that weighty movement.  Evolution has a really lovely soundtrack though.  I love it and still listen to it on a regular basis. 

The Game Boy (Advance) games were just too hard for their own good.  It's a shame because I think there was a lot of potential for a great 2D series of Turok games.  GBA Evolution isn't too bad though.  Again, the music is great.

Turok '08... Well, I don't really count it as much of a Turok game.  It's just too generic and feels like a me-too kinda game.  Even Turok's haircut screams Gears of War.  Why couldn't Turok look like bloody Turok!?  Disappointment aside, I suppose the game's okay but as has already been mentioned it's just not a good Turok game...
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Joseph Turok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 69
  • I Am Turok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 09:48:51 PM »
It was a difficult choice but I will be with Turok 1 simply because because of him that I became obsessed with turok, a fps with an Indian as protagonist facing dinosaurs in a forest is sensational. Turok 2 has more variety and improvements over the first but my vote goes to Dinosaur Hunter.

Offline Manhs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 10:43:30 PM »
Should we make a topic-poll for the gb games since it's not the same kind of games than the FPS games?
I play with Turok 2 (i have finished T1) Game boy and i think I prefer T1 gb, i wanted know the thoughts of the other people on those games  :)
(not sure if Dinomite received my message for this poll, i see nothing in the message sent  :o )

Offline Reienkyo Mac Perpis

• Iguana
  • T:REP 92
  • Slegs have rights!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
First place :turok:
Second place :campaigner: :primagen:
And the rest of Turoks in third place.
+Fireborns dreams whit sheeps on fire?.+

Offline Akropolis24

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 08:14:10 AM »
Hello all !

Actually i never played it. So witch should i try first?

Thanks !

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2018, 02:08:13 AM »
Hello all !

Actually i never played it. So witch should i try first?

Thanks !
Turok Evolution or Turok Dinosaur Hunter

Offline The GFPes

• Iguana
  • T:REP 26
  • Here to keep Sleg raptor handlers from extinction!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2019, 11:36:42 PM »
I feel insulted that no one votes for Rage Wars. :primagen:
Sleg raptor handlers get no respect. Which is very sad.

Offline Alexander09138

• Iguana
  • T:REP 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2019, 01:39:25 AM »
Turok Evolution maybe because I'm blinded by nostalgia. It was my first rated M game as a kid. Have good memories of turning on the big head cheat and turning off the gore when my parents were around.  :turok:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal