Author Topic: Such Potential  (Read 6263 times)

Offline Talset

• Iguana
  • T:REP 10
    • View Profile
Such Potential
« on: October 28, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »
I like this game but at the same time was disappointed. Turok has so much Sci Fi potential but they tried to make Call of Turok with this one. The dinosaur models were top notch. I knew we were in for trouble when Disney picked up the rights (no blood on the soldiers! No cerebral bore?!). This was easily a 7/10 game mechanically, graphically, and storywise. But man I love Turok so much I still beat this game like 6 times. I wish it was out for PC. Nothing beats Turok 1 and 2 and i cant wait for night dive to rerelease them on PC. What were your guys thoughts on Turok 08? Did Turok 08 garner any new fans that hadn't been around for his hey day during the N64 generation?

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
Re: Such Potential
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »
It may have got a few new fans but nothing like the numbers of the good old days I agree that the Dinosaur models were amazing still some of the best regardless of newer dino games coming out after Turok dinosaurs still have the cake. But the game wasn't exactly horrible just missing the Turok magic I think it was just a bit to serious. But the game is okay. This game is out on PC btw just not on steam or anything, got to buy physical copy on ebay or something like that :)
I AM ADON

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 12:53:30 PM »
I think Turok 08 just tried to be to modern same problems with newer games like Doom 3 and Duke Nukem Forever they just don't get as well received as there original versions. These games were meant to be classic so going in a modern direction kind of throws it off. That being said there is still some great things in this Turok game and I still like the game but no way it competes with the original Turok 1 and 2
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
I think the action should have been faster Turok moves to slow for me to really enjoy the controls. The Turok character was still decent and looked cool, it has great atmosphere in the levels, and dinosaurs are made really well. The dinosaurs are nice easily some of the best more officially made even there behaviors were on point and I enjoy looking at the environments and seeing the dinos in them sometimes they don't attack there just in there habitat lol.

I didn't really like killing the soldiers very much though because they have good aim and in battle Turok is just moving to slow for me and it just didn't feel to Turok to me while taking down the soldiers. It kind of felt like a different game. I mean I beat this game quite a few times to myself and enjoyed it. Overall its still a pretty good game it just suffers from some things that could easily be tweaked if we had mod abilities and where is the spiritual/tribal magic and I am Turok :) can never go wrong saying that hehe.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 12:55:07 PM »
I would have to agree the slow movement of Turok and the army soldiers are pretty much the worst in the game... no sleg guards or tribal guys just all black soldiers..... Yes also its missing the Turok magic.

Overall the game isn't to bad though but could of been much better and who knows maybe they would have made it better in the sequel..Of course we wont ever know that...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal