Author Topic: TUROK developer is starting a new dino thing!  (Read 71893 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: TUROK developer is starting a new dino thing!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 01:19:14 PM »
Is it a link to neogaf again? I decided to check it last time and it was exactly as I imagined :/ Its probably just me.. no bother.

Being third person doesn't bother me because its a dino game and most of them are fps maybe a change will do some good. On another note I wouldn't mind a spin off Turok game being 3rd person either aslong as it was a spin off. But fps is still and alway will be my favorite. But does anyone know if there was any other dino game in 3rd person? I can't recall
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:37:00 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Likes To Fight

• Iguana
  • T:REP 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 02:35:10 PM »
Nice looking I supported this to a few days back :) In hopes for a good Dino game.
I have a small question about the game so do you plan for it to be an FPS game ? I never played Black Hawk Down before but I did google search it looks like it is an FPS but it doesn't really say anywhere if Savage Empire plans to be an FPS or not. I do like the name Savage Empire has a ring to it :)
Hey guys, like I mentioned earlier this Kickstarter is for the graphic novel first. If it's successful - and that's really depending on the support of the community - then I'll have the leverage to turn this into the dinosaur game that I've always wanted to build. Baby steps, though.

I have two new art panels to share with you today, enjoy and remember to get your friends to sign up for the pre-game Thunderclap. http://is.gd/usIYua

Kickstarter launches at 5:55 AM Pacific on JUNE 2ND;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:35:57 PM by Likes To Fight »

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 02:54:51 PM »
Adon you have kids??
Yes I do have kids :) and I wasn't being sarcastic about them liking this either they love dinosaurs what kids don't right? :)

THIS IS AWESOME
That's what I was confused about now I see. It is first a graphic novel then with proper continued support it could be a game. Sorry for not looking correctly. I am more interested myself in the novel because I hardly have anytime these days to play games but I would support the game also. Wow those new pictures look great! Am I the only one who thinks the girl in the bottom right almost resembles Danielle Fireseed? All she needs is some weapons and an attitude :) It is looking superb and I don't say that word but it fits here.

I promise I will stop the moving texts soon hehe I can't help it

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:09:49 PM by Adon »
I AM ADON

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 04:14:47 PM »
The new picture! Oh man my biggest interest is Turok comics dont get me wrong im not a huge comic fan boy. But Turok comics are something else!

This new drawing I like very much you just peaked my interest sir. I know its not Turok but its dinosaurs. The drawing is unique imho its not to much of a cartoon and it also has some realism. Im a huge fan of art like this it makes me highly interested.The shadows creasing through the window and expressions on the peoples faces are clean. Makes me want to draw it but I suck at drawing xD Now the storyline and the images together hey man very good job. I also thought it was mostly about a game I thought graphic novel meant a video game with a story. To me this is awesome especially how two of you guys have worked with Turok before.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 01:05:25 AM »
New image really does look good thanks for sharing that. It is appealing art there that guy is having a bad day in the picture hehe. Lets try to aim to get to 200 people at least. There's still a few days left on it. It has an interesting story and already 3 nice images to :)

Its good to see. This reminds me of the intro for primal rage!  :D Where meteorites fall on earth, seperate into pieces making a new earth, and awaking old primeapes and dinos. is awesome you should try it.
Primal Rage!

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 12:57:56 PM »
Primal Rage was awesome! But really everyone if you haven't hit support on Savage Empire link please take a second to go do that. I was thinking about things and Likes to Fight decided to join the forum and post here. Even know were not hefty in numbers he felt it was good. We show him and any spectators that we are about it because I believe we are. We dont just ramble like neogaf and such places no we want to get it done. I think importance and the quality is more important then thousands of members talking out there butts. Thanks have a nice day
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
I am glad you are excited about this Rok ohhhh I see you are no longer an Iguana on the forum 50+ posts you are a raptor perfect fit for you !!
I think importance and the quality is more important then thousands of members talking out there butts.
There is a a phrase for this
Quality over Quantity
I AM ADON

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »
Yes I am a raptor now and 3 badges on my name :) pretty cool.
But let me simplify this in dino terms.
Say you have a family of 5 Trex's vs 25 raptors even know raptor is my favorite Trex is going to destroy the pack of raptors.Though im not saying there is a competition its all the same blood in this situation I am glad others support it to. Me and Duke have been talking in email and made some things really clear. One thing was what I already said likes to fight decided to post here about it and we should support that to the full. Not because it could bring popularity or growth but out of respect and recognition. Not to mention whats being offered is pretty amazing. I want to see many more supporters on this. I might be one of the people most excited about this.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 02:23:14 PM »
Oh man that new picture is really cool all 3 of them are actually.
that guy is having a bad day in the picture hehe.
LOL
They are watching

Offline Likes To Fight

• Iguana
  • T:REP 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »
Oh his day gets worse, believe me  :-[  :D

I come bearing a few more gifts - please feel free to use them wherever you go on the net.

June 2nd is very close. You guys make all the difference!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal