Author Topic: tamplate post for BrutalEX editor module  (Read 5234 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
tamplate post for BrutalEX editor module
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:05:01 PM »
EDIT:

for testing only as its unstable and ill explain how its unstable later on.
posses the ability to monitor your system and
the situation, and know when enough is enough, otherwise don't do anything you may see in this post.
 if any issues go unnoticed with your system its your own fault no one elses. and you acknowledge that by downloading or enabling anything, that may have been explained here, regardless if you didn't here it here first. everything else should be a product of others and there distributions of my or there own files.

this in all actuality is the default vanilla editor with no module loaded. keep this in mind.

first off... only download this if your willing AND able to aid in the development of "our" Brutal Turok 2 mod. this is for testers only. and be aware that by following these instructions, you will be unable to use any online features and steam achievements will be disabled...
do as you must but I cant stress enough that running what im about to speak about, can do harm to your computer, if you do not have a overall awareness on how the software works, and how computers work, and how they work together. basically don't download. now then this is my Module for running the editor, in reality this is simply the "default editor enabled", but between you being responsible for your computer, and that this editor is not officially supported for being in use to whatever extent the matter in tails, trust me use this at your own danger, and awareness. as straight forward as it is of a concept: "there is wisdom in an abundance of counselors". and I also do everything with reason so this should put into motion a few more steps towards an little project of mine with the kex engine.

with that being said... the editor is programmable and I wish to intend towards making my own custom environment and graphical interface for it.

here is a download.. im going to type out some more stuff on the forums, and ill update this one if somethings not right, also add more info...

"there is wisdom in an abundance of counselors"
https://www.sendspace.com/file/tpsuud

i.download sorry I don't host files or anything or havnt had a need for it enough to look into a better hosting . note: somebody contact me if you would like to host files, or content on behalf of me.
ii.extract the compressed file, that's right its a 7zip file. let a sense of willingness sort'em out - hopefully this way there will be less people who will download this and associate it with the next time there computer brakes
open the command console
type in developer 1
quit the game
start the game again
open console and run exec snakesautoexec

now restart the game to be safe, and let the game load a bit  , press f7 for a level im working on. press f8 for the module'd editor.
spellcheck coming soon...

many days ago when I took up making this mod I promised to do a good job, so ill lay it out. understand its a one man army or take equal , full responsibility, by  helping me make what, in time, will be a dame good mod.
 if am going to work a custom module for the editor. ill need more free time. and right now I had a lot of things come up, and a few misfortunes because of it. in a few mins ill explain what we as a community could use and help. there needs to be half way bright minds at the very least, willing to step forth and understand the circumstances we face, we have the ability to be proprietors, founding fathers, of a community that's going to last.. a very long time.. I say we try to control a context, as awful as that sounds we have a chance to do good. so feel free to post if your down to help with things. and ill also go on some where here in a few mins about just what has been accomplished, and perhaps some help brutal turok can use, otherwise its just me and, its still going to be epic.

This is a map included with the game but perhaps not in the game, at least not at the time of righting this and working on it. I added a small few things to test some things out.. I think you'll be able to tell what was there, and what I did. I did not make the original map. somebody most likely in the early 90s did. or designed it, and it was constructed from parts with ex and its editor functions. youll be able to tell what I did within the level used.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:00:27 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: tamplate post for BrutalEX editor module
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 03:20:01 PM »
Dang Snake giving it your own type of interface? Nice job dude man that's some skill you have there to be able to do that. I'm going to have a peek at this now. I don't know if I can help any but I would for damn sure test things with you guys. If I come up with anything I will keep BT2 in my mind when getting ideas.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 03:38:54 PM »
Dang Snake giving it your own type of interface? Nice job dude man that's some skill you have there to be able to do that. I'm going to have a peek at this now. I don't know if I can help any but I would for damn sure test things with you guys. If I come up with anything I will keep BT2 in my mind when getting ideas.

no I did not yet. but I know how it is done, along with a lot of other things, and im takeing the time today to lay it all out in a few posts, so stay tuned.

again though I have not added yet but may as well have. and sorry for anyone this may offset. there's a few things I must do before I can free myself completely and move on in my life, brutal turok 1 and 2 are a few of them. and exerting every aspect and feature of the kex engine.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »

no I did not yet. but I know how it is done, along with a lot of other things, and im takeing the time today to lay it all out in a few posts, so stay tuned.

again though I have not added yet but may as well have. and sorry for anyone this may offset. there's a few things I must do before I can free myself completely and move on in my life, brutal turok 1 and 2 are a few of them. and exerting every aspect and feature of the kex engine.

that's okay though still it is really cool I see what you meant now I just misread I think. Yes a list of things Brutal Turok 2 needs help with or any type of list that you have it could help us know if we would be helpful or not :) Either way if I get any gorey blooded ideas for it I will post them here. I don't know if I told you but I really respect the work you put into Brutal Turok.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:46:09 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
EDIT:

this is for testing only as its unstable and ill explain how its unstable later on.

posses the ability to monitor your system and
the situation, and know when enough is enough, otherwise don't do anything you may see in this post.
 if any issues go unnoticed with your system its your own fault no one elses. and you acknowledge that by downloading or enabling anything, that may have been explained here, regardless if you didn't here it here first. everything else should be a product of others and there distributions of my or there own files.

you should have public beta enabled if you wish to reproduce anything I explain or put to any other use anything you may find in this post.

this in all actuality is the default vanilla editor with no module loaded. keep this in mind.

first off... only download this if your willing AND able to aid in the development of "our" Brutal Turok 2 mod. this is for testers only. and be aware that by following these instructions, you will be unable to use any online features and steam achievements will be disabled...
do as you must but I cant stress enough that running what im about to speak about, can do harm to your computer, if you do not have a overall awareness on how the software works, and how computers work, and how they work together. basically don't download. now then this is my Module for running the editor, in reality this is simply the "default editor enabled", but between you being responsible for your computer, and that this editor is not officially supported for being in use to whatever extent the matter in tails, trust me use this at your own danger, and awareness. as straight forward as it is of a concept: "there is wisdom in an abundance of counselors". and I also do everything with reason so this should put into motion a few more steps towards an little project of mine with the kex engine.

with that being said... the editor is programmable and I wish to intend towards making my own custom environment and graphical interface for it.

here is a download.. im going to type out some more stuff on the forums, and ill update this one if somethings not right, also add more info...

"there is wisdom in an abundance of counselors"
https://www.sendspace.com/file/tpsuud

I. right click turok 2 in your steam libarary and opt in for the public beta, I think this may be needed if your having issues
download sorry I don't host files or anything or havnt had a need for it enough to look into a better hosting . note: somebody contact me if you would like to host files, or content on behalf of me.
ii.extract the compressed file, that's right its a 7zip file. let a sense of willingness sort'em out - hopefully this way there will be less people who will download this and associate it with the next time there computer brakes
open the command console
type in developer 1
quit the game
start the game again
open console and run exec snakesautoexec

now restart the game to be safe, and let the game load a bit  , press f7 for a level im working on. press f8 for the module'd editor.
spellcheck coming soon...

many days ago when I took up making this mod I promised to do a good job, so ill lay it out. understand its a one man army or take equal , full responsibility, by  helping me make what, in time, will be a dame good mod.
 if am going to work a custom module for the editor. ill need more free time. and right now I had a lot of things come up, and a few misfortunes because of it. in a few mins ill explain what we as a community could use and help. there needs to be half way bright minds at the very least, willing to step forth and understand the circumstances we face, we have the ability to be proprietors, founding fathers, of a community that's going to last.. a very long time.. I say we try to control a context, as awful as that sounds we have a chance to do good. so feel free to post if your down to help with things. and ill also go on some where here in a few mins about just what has been accomplished, and perhaps some help brutal turok can use, otherwise its just me and, its still going to be epic.

This is a map included with the game but perhaps not in the game, at least not at the time of righting this and working on it. I added a small few things to test some things out.. I think you'll be able to tell what was there, and what I did. I did not make the original map. somebody most likely in the early 90s did. or designed it, and it was constructed from parts with ex and its editor functions. youll be able to tell what I did within the level used.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 06:55:25 PM »

that's okay though still it is really cool I see what you meant now I just misread I think. Yes a list of things Brutal Turok 2 needs help with or any type of list that you have it could help us know if we would be helpful or not :) Either way if I get any gorey blooded ideas for it I will post them here. I don't know if I told you but I really respect the work you put into Brutal Turok.

Also thank you for your kind words, I thank you a lot. I also hope you like what's to come. I also said I would do some posting tonight, that may end up happening tomorrow morning

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »
Hi Snake Plissken, I watched you on TV last night Hero's and Icons TV.

Hey I could probably give you some help on your projects. I have posted a map that I made for T1 and I have some work on kexstudio also.  I can't commit to making your work my top priority.

So I have a question for you. About the lights. How do I change the shape of a light. There are X,Y,Z co-ordinate info boxes in the "kexLightComponent" tab of the light actor properties window, with title min_bounds max_bounds - but they do not seem to work. I understand about the buildlightmap command and I cannot get the shape of a light to change. Do you have a workaround to change the shape of a "light" actor?

Thanks - Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 09:01:31 AM »
Hi Snake Plissken, I watched you on TV last night Hero's and Icons TV.

Hey I could probably give you some help on your projects. I have posted a map that I made for T1 and I have some work on kexstudio also.  I can't commit to making your work my top priority.

So I have a question for you. About the lights. How do I change the shape of a light. There are X,Y,Z co-ordinate info boxes in the "kexLightComponent" tab of the light actor properties window, with title min_bounds max_bounds - but they do not seem to work. I understand about the buildlightmap command and I cannot get the shape of a light to change. Do you have a workaround to change the shape of a "light" actor?

Thanks yeah that was a long night, I hope you liked what you watched.
Place a light actor on the map, highlight it, and then go to the right side of the screen where the pick a actor or mesh tabs are, but wile you have the light actor selected click on the translation tab that's also over there next to the mesh and actor selection tabs. Scale is the option you want. This is our means of transforming based on size untill the developers implement the GUI scaling as found in Turok 1 editors viewport window.
Thanks - Gazer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal