Author Topic: Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!  (Read 55170 times)

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 11:15:09 PM »
I am actively glancing at this thread while working on my remake project.
Well that didn't work

Offline Nato

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »
My wishlist for TUROK 2EX:

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Primagen

• Iguana
  • T:REP 87
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2017, 10:05:57 AM »
I'm not sure how random of a wish this is for Turok 2, but I want the flashlight to actually be useful. On the pc version an on emulators the flashlight did not work and on the N64 it was nothing more than a novelty item to show of the games dynamic lighting. While this was cool I don't think this really justified it being there. I hope that the areas where you were originally meant to use the flashlight are now close to pitch black and almost force you to use it if you don't know where you are going.

Honestly, I don't know how much I really want this in the game because it could be just annoying. I just think it could be a cool feature that would add more variety to the game. I wanted to throw this out there as the flashlight is about as useful as the Tranq. gun and it would nice to see it utilised better.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2017, 10:40:54 AM »
I'm not sure how random of a wish this is for Turok 2, but I want the flashlight to actually be useful. On the pc version an on emulators the flashlight did not work and on the N64 it was nothing more than a novelty item to show of the games dynamic lighting. While this was cool I don't think this really justified it being there. I hope that the areas where you were originally meant to use the flashlight are now close to pitch black and almost force you to use it if you don't know where you are going.

Honestly, I don't know how much I really want this in the game because it could be just annoying. I just think it could be a cool feature that would add more variety to the game. I wanted to throw this out there as the flashlight is about as useful as the Tranq. gun and it would nice to see it utilised better.

That sounds like an interesting idea the flashlight is pretty useless but true not sure if it will just be an annoyance or not. Still a good thought man, and gives me an idea if we make a user map that is dark and truly needs the flashlight to beat it. Sounds pretty awesome!
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »
I'm not sure how random of a wish this is for Turok 2, but I want the flashlight to actually be useful.

Check out my shader mod; it makes dark areas too dark to see, causing the flare gun and flashlight to be useful. Link
Well that didn't work

Offline Primagen

• Iguana
  • T:REP 87
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »
Yeah this is exactly what I had in mind. It looks great, especially the flare gun.

It really adds to the dark and gloomy atmosphere that the game has.

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »
There are a ton of issues with it. Especially since I had no access to the depth buffer, I spent a long time making things which would require that look decent with just colors and didn't have much time to work on other things. It's good for a fast paced action movie-esque cinematic, if you were playing it like that. Otherwise, it might just be better to add some color correction.
Well that didn't work

Offline chirac31

• Iguana
  • T:REP 190
  • http://turok.forumactif.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://turok.forumactif.com/
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2017, 04:32:57 AM »
i wish the multiplayer mod will be on and with new maps and new weapons.

and i wish the speedlimit can be change.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:36:34 AM by chirac31 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal