Author Topic: What Turok is your favorite? (poll)  (Read 109158 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
What Turok is your favorite? (poll)
« on: April 06, 2015, 06:19:42 PM »
My favorite Turok is still Dinosaur Hunter I really liked the Jungle/Temple atmosphere this game had and I liked the freedom of going anywhere you wish pretty much, though it isn't like today's "open world" games it carries a similar feeling at times. The weapons are unforgettable they do not make weapons like these anymore. Just taking an adventure through jungles, caves, and temples fighting off enemies and dinosaurs was so much fun to me. But this is kind of hard for me since I actually enjoy all of them in different ways. You don't want to get me started on the paragraphs I could say for all of them.

Dinosaur Hunter is my choice what is yours?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:17:29 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Ry

• Iguana
  • T:REP 56
    • View Profile
Re: What Turok is your favorite ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:17:09 AM »
My favourite would have to be Turok 2, but the Nintendo 64 version, simply for Monkey Frag Tag. ;D
It also has mutliplayer with humans, bots or both, though after playing Turok 2 the PC version, I prefer to play against humans any day over bots.

I like the multiplayer levels on the PC version more than the Nintendo 64 version though. Lucky on voting Turok 2, as my vote goes to both versions. :P ;D

I enjoyed the first Turok, but I liked the new enemies and gore of single player of Turok 2 more. Blowing holes through the enemy and blowing heads off. It still had the basics of dinosaurs too that the first Turok game had to offer.
I like the scenery of the first Turok game as much as the second though, but enjoyed the exploration of the first a whole lot more, as it was the first shooting game I had seen that offered that type of environment to play in with the jungle theme.

As much as I'd like to put my vote towards Turok: Rage Wars, I felt the Nintendo 64 of Turok 2 offered more with single player and multiplayer with humans, bots or both.

Though I'm happy for the multiplayer levels on the PC version, I wish they included Monkey Frag Tag to it. :(

I hope someone one day makes a mod for Rage Wars for the PC. I think that would do very well in today's gaming community. :) Why didn't they make it for the PC. D: With games like Unreal Tournament, etc, you'd have thought it would've been made for the PC.
I can't be contacted at this website anymore. To contact me, email me at ryliveshere@gmail.com

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 02:25:07 PM »
I will have to go with Turok 2 because it had a lot to do with Adon being in it she was so cool. I really liked being a female in MP against my brothers. Plus it just felt so original loved the temples and atmospheres also. But Turok 3 is almost my favorite since you could be the girl in SP. From what I know this is one of the first successful fps shooters that added a female as a main character. Now I am not saying I like them just because it had females I am not Anita but as a girl playing with my brothers I thought it was awesome being able to be Adon.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:25:47 PM by Adon »
I AM ADON

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
Yeah Turok 2 is a legend in my opinion and its pretty consistent originally Turok 2 was going to be SP only like Turok 1. But with the release of some MP fps games on N64 (mainly GoldnenEye) they needed to compete and they sure did. Not to mention it was released pretty quickly after Dinosaur Hunter pretty much a year and a few months after. Turok is one of the few games that stayed pretty consistent in the releasing category even though there were bumps in the road, until now at least.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Turok Fireseed

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »
Out of all Turok games, Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is still my favorite to this day. It offered two playable characters and by extension, two different ways to play the game. By unlocking a secret in the game, you can use all the weapons and upgrades. I also love the game's story, and i don't know why anyone has tried to continue the series from that point. It was such a good cliffhanger that lead to something important, but for now we may never know.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: What Turok is your favorite? (poll)
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 09:11:17 AM »
Im going to go with Turok Dinosaur Hunter also because it is the original the birth of Turok gaming and its a bad ass game for its time. The weapons the enemies the open like worlds this game is awesome. I still think it is one of the hardest sp games made. The free ability to go as you please makes it so you miss level keys and have to go back searching for them. I remember having to find one key and it took me days lol . Anyway I liked other Turok games almost just as much but the original gets my vote.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jinroh

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
    • Mao Mao Games
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 09:34:00 AM »
Turok 2, man that game.

I wasn't allowed to get it at the time. I was in middle school and had those kinda parents, but I drooled over it in Nintendo Power, and would play it on the N64 kiosk they had at Sears.

At the school book fair or whatever too, I would buy the chapter books. Those were awesome! :D Few years later I finally bought it, and nowadays it's still the one I play most, though I like the rest as well. Turok 3 is especially cool as it's different, and very atmospheric.

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »
Cool story dude! Sounds like a good childhood.  8)

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 02:08:02 AM »
I prefer T2 the most, but do appreciate T1's more arcade styled action.
Well that didn't work

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 11:17:29 AM »
Kinda like that serious sam is more arcadier than duke.
Exactly.
Well that didn't work

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal