Author Topic: enabled Turok 2 KEX 2 editor so brutal turok 2 will be even cooler.  (Read 7848 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
Edit: update, here you go: http://www.turokforums.com/turok-2-seeds-of-evil-moddingmapping/tamplate-post-for-brutalex-editor-module/

so yeah I mean you know... its good to have full control on the 2nd day of the games release, this way brutal turok 2 will be done right- I mean brutal turok 1 was done right, but it never started and I have this update for it still I need to push out.  I know I have not talked a lot latly but don't worry brutal turok is not dead . the next update will be good, and now with this brutal turok 2 will be insured in brutality. so yeah wish me luck ill work on things 24/7 till I get the updates out.

note that I just wanted to inform you im hard at work on brutal turok so don't forget it. or do. the thing with the editor is it is not supported by the developers yet, they are unable to support bug submissions even at the moment so for all seriousness the editor shouldn't even be considered released yet.

with that being said if theres anyone wanting to help me out with random things from textures creation and modeling or anything feel free to reach out to me and tell me what your good at if you wanna help your on board the team.
( no worrys tho- its been a one man army thus far pretty much and that's why this nextupdate is going to be nice, for brutal turok 1, and so on and so on thanks for your time... )
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:03:46 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: enabled Turok 2 KEX 2 editor so brutal turok 2 will be even cooler.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 07:14:13 PM »
Still cant believe DarkShadowRage harassed you cause you streamed this.

Ikr. Crazy I'm in the right mind to contact someone and figure out how to get a chat log of that one that was crazy he was really peed off and was showing it, but lissin I hope for the best for him, deep down inside where all good people, we just got our own personal stuff we deal with that define what we do, who we are. I hope the best for him I really do

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:30:25 PM »
I found dukes map I think, I'm almost positive it's his as I see some trademarks and well, his name... I think... unless I'm wrongs... but yeah there's a level  with the name carvan in it and I'll try to get the full name when I'm back, and post the command to get to it in game.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 08:44:34 PM »
Glad to still see ya Snake! Also happy Kex was released nearly immediately so mods can get rolling.

Idk if i could help you on anything, but i'll be anticipating what you have in store for BT2.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:53 AM »
I need to get myself back into the mapping thing and find the time for it... This will look good and it was fun learning how to make one on Doom 64 EX. The first Turok's editor seemed a bit more complicated to me, but I was a bit rusty at the mapping basics, after a while.

The textures from the Lair of The Blind Ones will definitely be fun to play around with. As much as I hated the water maze in that level and how hellish it was to navigate through labyrinths, I still love the level and I'm just about to get started on that.

Offline Avenger

• Iguana
  • T:REP 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 09:52:09 AM »
I have been mapping and modeling for 12 years. Would love to help put some things together with you. I am a pretty successful Quake 1 and Quake 3 designer... although I've been playing Turok for twenty years. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »
I have been mapping and modeling for 12 years. Would love to help put some things together with you. I am a pretty successful Quake 1 and Quake 3 designer... although I've been playing Turok for twenty years. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Add me on steam. I'm going to wrap up the rest of this hard labor. There's a lot of sorting through the scripts and adding, and the def files, and scripting .ect if there was someone else in the loop with how, or learning how they work and was able to help... it would be a big help, and time off my hands, and I can move towards what I'm best at, and becuse I know how awfully repeating, sorting through and defining files in the Def folder, and with the scripts, it's hard for me to ask it on my worse enemys, lol as the saying goes. there's a lot of departments and some can get boring so I wouldn't ask you of it, there can and already will be a lot of work with models, no worrys if not but add me on steam, I'm done with these scripts I'll be personally moveing into this department in no time.
I'm going to update an modding guide post something I made here on the forums, it's a work in progress but I'll go update it with what I know, and the issues present.

Offline Avenger

• Iguana
  • T:REP 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 08:06:11 PM »

Add me on steam. I'm going to wrap up the rest of this hard labor. There's a lot of sorting through the scripts and adding, and the def files, and scripting .ect if there was someone else in the loop with how, or learning how they work and was able to help... it would be a big help, and time off my hands, and I can move towards what I'm best at, and becuse I know how awfully repeating, sorting through and defining files in the Def folder, and with the scripts, it's hard for me to ask it on my worse enemys, lol as the saying goes. there's a lot of departments and some can get boring so I wouldn't ask you of it, there can and already will be a lot of work with models, no worrys if not but add me on steam, I'm done with these scripts I'll be personally moveing into this department in no time.
I'm going to update an modding guide post something I made here on the forums, it's a work in progress but I'll go update it with what I know, and the issues present.

I'd be happy to help any way I can. are you in the US? if so just text me... also, what is your steam username?

(Edit From Duke64: removed phone number, for your own good please pm him your phone number. We allow guest's to visit the site you don't know who see's your number xD Please Message Snake that info. Thanks!)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:23:48 PM by Duke64 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
And I'm using the editor too xD

Oh guys shouldn't this now be moved into the new modding section for T2?
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »
Edit: update, here you go: http://www.turokforums.com/turok-2-seeds-of-evil-moddingmapping/tamplate-post-for-brutalex-editor-module/
Stay tuned to the forums for further updates..

so yeah I mean you know... its good to have full control on the 2nd day of the games release, this way brutal turok 2 will be done right- I mean brutal turok 1 was done right, but it never started and I have this update for it still I need to push out.  I know I have not talked a lot latly but don't worry brutal turok is not dead . the next update will be good, and now with this brutal turok 2 will be insured in brutality. so yeah wish me luck ill work on things 24/7 till I get the updates out.

note that I just wanted to inform you im hard at work on brutal turok so don't forget it. or do. the thing with the editor is it is not supported by the developers yet, they are unable to support bug submissions even at the moment so for all seriousness the editor shouldn't even be considered released yet.

with that being said if theres anyone wanting to help me out with random things from textures creation and modeling or anything feel free to reach out to me and tell me what your good at if you wanna help your on board the team.
( no worrys tho- its been a one man army thus far pretty much and that's why this nextupdate is going to be nice, for brutal turok 1, and so on and so on thanks for your time... )

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal