Author Topic: Turok 1 Guns In Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.3 UPDATED  (Read 36827 times)

Offline Axer

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 1 Guns In Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.2 UPDATED
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2022, 05:34:35 AM »
Thanks for the awesome mod. Appreciate your hard work on this   :)

Tried it out on the wad / map pack "uplink" . It's a 3 level sci-fi pack, not too hard, features some custom content but loading the mod after in ZDL resulted in no issues.

I also tried every character a bit.. But other than the alien infantry starting with alien weapon and heavy weapons guy starting with minigun, i didn't really notice any differences. Doomguy for example seemed 100% the same as Tal-set, even down to their sounds (tal set didn't seem to have unique sounds). While the other characters had some unique sounds but mostly seemed the same. Jame bond i expected to have some weapons from goldeneye, but had all the same turok arsenal.
Can you explain the differences in the character classes?

Only minor bug i encountered is the ultra health first encountered on this map (if you want to test, its available in the first 60 seconds of the first level and not hidden), had the yellow ultra health graphic, but couldn't be picked up until I Was under 100 health, thus acting as the Red full health. Later levels ultra health worked as expected.

Suggestion: Please consider updating the weapons sprites to support widescreen. I'm not sure why you cut them off at 4:3, doesn't look great.. Since they are 3D models and support widescreen fine in the nightdive remaster... And actually even the N64 original if you use a gameshark code or patch to force widescreen, they display correctly. I suppose maybe you took them from the N64 version to get the retro pixelated look that matches doom better, which is cool, you did a great job in terms of animations matching up.. But even your own videos are in widescreen, so would be cool if you could add widescreen support.
Here is a video of the n64 version patched in widescreen, not the best vid can you can at least see the weapons viewmodel doesn't get cut off:

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 569
  • HEAVEN OR HELL, DUEL 1, LET'S ROCK!
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 1 Guns In Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] V2.3
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2023, 02:29:27 AM »
V2.3 has been released! AKA The 3D Model Update. The Last of the 3D Model Overhauls for the Turok Weapon Project (For now) comes early instead of next year, As this mod now gets the 3D Model treatment that Turok 2/3 Weapons has gotten. Since I wanna get it out as early as possible, It does not have a Trailer, and nearly all the Items remain in sprite form for now.

Main Mod:
Like the two last Turok Weapon mods that came before it, The Mod now has 3D Model Support, But partly. Most of the Items remain in sprite form for now.
Tal-Set and Campaigner now have 3D Models, But others remain in sprite form for now. Later, I will make The Alien Infantry be in 3D and bring back some characters that were removed before.
Added brightmap support.

Weapons:

Bullet Puffs now has GL Light Support. Still no GL Lights for the Particle Accelerator, Fusion Cannon and Chronoscepter, Though (These will be saved for a later update, just not this one).

Bow: The Arrows now have a Tracer Effect, to make them easier to spot.
Pistol: Akimbo Pistols was removed.
Shotgun/Auto Shotgun: Explosion Shells now explode like they do in T2 Weapons in Doom.

The Assault Rifle and Shotgun now has a faster fire rate.

Items:
Fixed a long-standing mistake of the Big Tek Arrows Pickup not being in any of the spawners.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal