Author Topic: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017  (Read 296166 times)

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017
« Reply #240 on: March 30, 2017, 05:41:19 AM »
I have to admit that every time I start a new game the opening are of Adia hits me right in the nostalgia.  It's a great introduction to the game too.  The exploding ship, the intro to your objectives, the distant cries of battle... and no tutorial getting in the way!

"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline L!

• Iguana
  • T:REP 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2017, 01:59:47 PM »
My least favorite would have to likely be the Hive of the Mantids, I always found it to be a huge labyrinth and everywhere looked almost the same at least for me.

Primagens Lightship was pretty cool to see all the technology and what true power the Primagen has. His robotic minions were intimidating to look at and it ensured that the Primagen doesn't have much access to the outside world except for his lightship. It did use a lot of the same color most of the time but I liked it.

River of Souls introduced us to the awesome rideable dinosaur with the attached guns, but we only got to use it for a few minutes until we were sent back on foot, which kinda disappointed me but that was still a cool thing. But running through the city itself, I found it rather dull to look at with the only two colors I could see were the obvious Gold and Silver tones. But I liked it with it's architecture and the interesting River of Souls itself. The palace section is really cool to play through as well.

I don't remember that much of the Lair of the Blind Ones that much but I do remember being the same sort of labyrinth that the Hive of the Mantids was on. I did really like the enemies and the environments you encountered in them though, so I feel it was good.

The Death Marshes to me weren't anything that really struck me. It was a nicely designed level with badass enemies and an interesting sort of swampish city with unique designs which I've never seen that much of in gaming. But it was pretty short in terms of length of actual playtime. I dunno if it's just me that found this to be an extremely short level compared to the others, but nonetheless I believe it's a good level.

The Port of Adia like Old One Eye said is my favorite, likely due to nostalgia clouding my senses but I feel it deserves the praise it gets, especially since this is the very first level we see in Turok 2. It had an interesting city to explore in, the dinos were scary the first time you looked at them in that first hallway, and a lot more. You could say Adia had the same Gold and Silver which I thought made the city slightly less interesting to look at which I can agree. Unlike River of Souls, Adia had a lot more buildings and yes Souls did have buildings but you didn't see that much of them.

Your friendly neighborhood L!

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2017, 03:21:13 PM »
GoT members kicking my ass lol

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2017, 03:10:24 AM »

Encountered this BS, yesterday... If you're wondering what's attacking me, it's another turret behind that door (not the one on my left because I destroyed it). This was entering the second quadrant.

-

I'm quite happy with my multiplaying at the moment, because I'm getting a decent shot with the Shotgun and I got a few good kills with the Plasma Rifle, which I didn't use the scoped mode. I'd have to say that Plasma Rifle takes even a bit more precision to aim because the beam is a bit more narrow than the Shotgun's buckshot. The art of Deflection Shooting is a fun skill to practice. Beats spamming, though spamming is effective in dire situations! xD

A question about Plasma Rifle (NOT the rapid fire version)... Does a standard shot have more AoE than a scoped one?

All these years, I've been kind of wondering this... LOL!

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2017, 05:36:42 AM »
So, it's payday today.  I've already got the GOG release but most people seem to have the Steam version.  I'm thinking of buying the game again but before I spend the £15 I've got a couple of questions.

Is the multiplayer easy to set up?  I hear there's no server browser.  Is that correct?  I see there's another beta patch for the Steam game.  Does it tweak much?  Lastly, is my savegame file compatible?  It'd be nice if I can just copy my game save from my GOG install.

Cheers for any (useful!) answers. :)

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »
Hey One-Eye,
the multiplayer is pretty fun but visibility there is bad. So depending on the FOV a player uses and some other adjustments like Bloom and FXAA and that stuff, will determine your experience.

Setup is simple and there's no real options for server settings. You can choose game type, time limit, frag limit, starting map, and number of players.  But if you like multiplayer then it's good for $15, you'll be happy with it. I wonder when they will release MP for GoG. Has anybody heard mention of that? It will come eventually.

-Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »
Impatience got the better of me and I went ahead and bought it anyway!  Sadly, I only found one server and it kept timing out.  Hopefully, I can join some of you guys tomorrow for a game or two.

DISCLOSURE:  I'm rubbish at multiplayer games and I haven't even played Turok MP - You've been noob-alerted!

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2017, 06:19:18 PM »
Impatience got the better of me and I went ahead and bought it anyway!  Sadly, I only found one server and it kept timing out.  Hopefully, I can join some of you guys tomorrow for a game or two.

DISCLOSURE:  I'm rubbish at multiplayer games and I haven't even played Turok MP - You've been noob-alerted!

Hehehe, you are honest guy! ; ) I would like to see you in original T2 pc mp to! How to add you on steam, your ID is? (pm if you are 007 agent to : )
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »

Our time zones are probably different but I normally play at night especially weekends I play quite a bit but its normally late like an hour from now after posting this. It would probably be good for us to set up play days/times on that steam group, events can be created that notify all members maybe we could try doing like Friday Night Turok events and host some mp games we could get in the chat there to start games. Idk just a idea something like that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:41:53 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four