Author Topic: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017  (Read 296286 times)

Offline Doom Dojo

• Iguana
  • T:REP 62
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017
« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »

Looks so good love the fruity stripes with the Fireborn enemy in it :)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2017, 11:51:37 AM »

Looks like your old ass photo actually came true lol! Forgot about this pic of yours.

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline chirac31

• Iguana
  • T:REP 190
  • http://turok.forumactif.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://turok.forumactif.com/
« Reply #252 on: April 07, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »
today  the 7th of april, i was just looking when was the last update on turok2 remaster, then i see there was only one update and it was the 22th of march.
for the moment nightdive studio havent answer to any of our questions (not only mines but others to)
i dont understand why the map editor dont work.

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »
They've put out at least 2 beta patches on Steam.  One of them is presumably the one you're talking about.  Since launch, the game has become more stable and is more optimised than it was.  It's getting there.  Things take time.

It is true, however, that the coders have been fairly quiet.  Edward was initially quite verbose on Steam but even he's gone to ground.  Being a positive chappy, I'm taking this as a good sign that they're working hard. :)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2017, 04:18:54 PM »
They look really nice.  That second screenie looks particularly pretty.

Have you considered sending them to the brand new Turok Sanctum?

https://turoksanctum.com/

Downloading now. :)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #255 on: April 08, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »
My four years old son and me today designed new skies for Turok2 EX. I remember the old days when I used to play it on my n64... now re texturing and changing everything with my son, I am so proud of him!

Official website of Turok2 EX - New Skies by Gael Romanet http://aspecmaps.free.fr/Turok2EX/

Look really nice especially like this one. Cool that you show your son Turok and how to edit things like this. My son is 6 I play some Rage Wars with him xD and we played some Turok 2 EX split screen. Anyways, nice job.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »
We should organise a Rok Match for your kids. :P

If nothing else it'd be really funny. :)

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
I Popped My Cherry Last Night...
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2017, 08:39:53 AM »
Well, in Turok 2 multiplayer. :P

Sadly, I only got to mess around for a few minutes but I did get to kill Gazer.  So, that was good!

Hopefully, I'll manage to get online with some more of you guys over the next wee while.

What's the easiest way to arrange a game?  What time is the MP most active?  I'm new to all this but I'm interested in getting in on it. :)

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »
Cherri Poppers - rofl - my favorite maraschino variety  :P

So maybe you could set that up One Eye. Whenever I look for a game there's maybe 1 game up and half the time it won't let me connect because of the beta feed. I know that Refux has offered to host up a server and he's in a good location for me, 100 ping near the east coast USA. I would think that by hangin' out on that Turok Forums chat room on steam is a good way to connect. Sundays are not particularly good for me.

although it was short lived, I had fun connecting to the UK from California so that you could get a little blood on the badge.
-gl -hf -gg -Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »
Yeah, it was fun. :)

Edward says there's an incoming patch:

"We are aiming for Monday (we always try to release on a Monday, specifically Kaiser's Monday). The patch became larger than we expected and it needed an extra week (for example we wanted to get multiplayer balance testing done with Top Men)."

Hopefully, Monday means soon (not sure where Kaiser lives).  I'm hoping these Top Men have ironed out most of the MP quirks and everyone can upgrade to the latest version. 

Gazer, I've noticed too, that most of the time there is only one server up and they're not running a beta build.

I also asked about revamping the in-game messaging system.  Again, Edward says, this has been addressed in the next build.

All in all, sounding good. :)

As soon as it goes live and I install it I'll start a server and just leave it (and Steam) running for a bit in case anyone is around to jump on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal