Author Topic: The Catacombs (WIP) (Turok 1 Import)  (Read 6358 times)

Offline shinyditto12

• Iguana
  • T:REP 64
    • View Profile
The Catacombs (WIP) (Turok 1 Import)
« on: May 30, 2020, 06:04:56 PM »
What's going on! I'm already on work on my next project, an import of the 5th level of Turok 1, The Catacombs! It features textures from both Turok 1 and 2, similarly placed enemies and ammo placements, the secret portal rooms and much more, including zombie enemies!! This is still a WIP as i am still working on the first room but I am able to show a few pictures on how things are coming along. Once the maps are all finished, I will either delete this post and start a new one, or just archive this one and post a new thread. But for now, enjoy the work in progress  :alien:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:09:32 PM by shinyditto12 »

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
Re: The Catacombs (WIP) (Turok 1 Import)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 12:52:10 PM »
Textures need some clean up in my opinion, lots of tiling. But beyond that? You've been making some great progress. I know this must have been a lot of work, and there is more to be done. I am also really impressed with the custom zombie enemies. All in all, besides my critique, this looks really promising, and I know its going to be great considering how awesome your last level was. Keep it up.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 06:56:25 PM »
After 100 years, Joshua visits the place of one of his ancestors fought in! :P

Offline shinyditto12

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 06:34:13 PM »
&feature=youtu.be

some video

As far as the textures, outside of a few turok 1 textures, most of the textures are from level 2's Graveyard spots, so a lot of it is gonna be similarly textured. It was the closest thing I could get to a catacomb like vibe so it's gonna have that tile vibe for a lot of it. But i will keep that in mind for the furture and see if i can use some more texture that might fit

I do plan on doing the rest of the levels as well when I get a chance so look forward to that
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:56:48 PM by shinyditto12 »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 10:54:58 PM »
Hope you'll be active again on this map someday  :have a nice day:

Offline shinyditto12

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 08:30:15 AM »
Hey, i jsut wanted to say that i will continue on this soon, i am going to get back into modding but i think ill do a couple of new maps to get myself back into action. I still plan on finishing this

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal