Author Topic: Time to get this board up. SOURCE CODE LEAKED!  (Read 5758 times)

Online Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 875
    • View Profile
Re: Time to get this board up. SOURCE CODE LEAKED!
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2019, 12:30:59 AM »
with the source code, can someone add an quicksave function to this game?

In theory? Maybe. But you'd have to recompile the game and I'm not sure if that is really possible. We don't have tools to decompress the game files, for example.

It would've been epic if the leaker also leaked stuff from the silicon graphics computer, which most likely wouldve had in-house tools the iguana devs used. Alas.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8880
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:25 AM »
with the source code, can someone add an quicksave function to this game?

In theory? Maybe. But you'd have to recompile the game and I'm not sure if that is really possible. We don't have tools to decompress the game files, for example.

It would've been epic if the leaker also leaked stuff from the silicon graphics computer, which most likely would've had in-house tools the iguana devs used. Alas.
You do realize that these come from the Silicon Graphics computers, right? The leak includes programs that can be turned on on said Silicon Graphics machines but we have no way to use them cause nobody here owns one.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:12:48 AM by Dinomite »

The most hated person on the internet.

Online Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 875
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2019, 08:40:03 PM »

You do realize that these come from the Silicon Graphics computers, right? The leak includes programs that can be turned on on said Silicon Graphics machines but we have no way to use them cause nobody here owns one.

Yes. Not a hardest thing to do about this, doesnt even have to be the exact same model of SGI computer, but i looked at the files and i don't see anything obvious to point to in-house programs in the leak, then again maybe im wrong. The dev environment has to be rebuilt as well.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 08:45:39 PM by Badger »

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8880
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2019, 07:23:52 AM »

Yes. Not a hardest thing to do about this, doesnt even have to be the exact same model of SGI computer, but i looked at the files and i don't see anything obvious to point to in-house programs in the leak, then again maybe im wrong. The dev environment has to be rebuilt as well.
:TT TT: :TT TT: :TT TT:

The most hated person on the internet.