Author Topic: Why Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is my favorite Turok game  (Read 15485 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
Re: Why Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is my favorite Turok game
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
It would surely excite me if Turok 3 would get a port maybe if Turok 1 and 2 do great it could become a consideration? Then it could continue to the next we got to support these games ladies and gents so buy 10 copies each of Turok when it comes out :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8892
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 11:31:59 AM »
Turok 2 does not deserve a port. Never ever.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Raptor
  • T:REP 164
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 03:17:37 PM »
Turok 2 does not deserve a port. Never ever.

Dude your trippin T2 does need a new port nobody wants to run 3dfx and old win 95/98 games. They wont last for much longer if they don't get the proper treatment. The remasters could last forever especially if they have level editors. I personally want them to last forever and ever.

I also hope they would port Turok 3, Turok Rage Wars, and Evolution
They are watching

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »
Dinomite probably just saying that because people do still play the old one a bit and its way more then the amount playing t1. But I do agree we need a version that can age on from here.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8892
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »
If anything, i dont like Turok 2 too much in general. Worst turok next to turok 2008.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 08:41:34 PM »
Well everyone has opinions that's all and that's fine. I would really like to see a T2 remaster though  after playing Turok 1 the game feels more free motion. Old felt stuck and wonky can't lie I would like this upgrade to go into Turok 2 :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 485
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »
If anything, i dont like Turok 2 too much in general. Worst turok next to turok 2008.

Some years ago i would had tought this was terribly wrong, but the more i played all 3 n64 games, the more T2 falls behind the other 2 games, besides graphics and creativity.

T3 actually had some cool things to it, like no look-spring in any form.

All the weapons were powerfull, minus the vampire gun. I really loved that i always had something to rely on, even if it was the melee weapons which was powerful enough.

The option to turn auto-aim on/off is what i would had wanted in t2. its a switch between the option to be able to shoot any limb at will, or only get torso shots for moderate damage (kinda).

Other than that the graphics were lazy (not bad, lazy. as in, sitcking a box with a lighting .gif on a shotgun and calling it the Shredder) and the stage were almost completely linear, yet hard. It was definitely much more easier to replay than t2 even with its setbacks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:52:32 PM by Mon-Ark »

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 195
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 11:33:52 AM »
It would be so cool if they did Turok 3 after Turok 2 because Turok 3 was a good game it just got overshadowed because they released it so late and the N64 was becoming old. So most gamers had moved on and this game didn't get all the players it should have got. It actually has some interesting stuff in this game. And if I remember correctly you have to collect pieces for the gun again like in Turok 1. Well maybe if 1 and 2 do good for them they can consider T3 :) I would like to play this with smooth mouse controls it would be awesome!

Offline Mon-Ark

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 485
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 11:42:56 AM »
Well in my case I never got T3 because T2 drove me away alittle from the series with its slower pace, not to mention I sucked at FPS as a kid.

And if I remember correctly you have to collect pieces for the gun again like in Turok 1

Yeah, The PSG. After the fiasco that was The Nuke in T2, this one was awesome.

I definitely agree, it would be awesome if T3 (and rage wars) got a remaster too.

Online Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7139
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 10:29:58 PM »
All they would have to do is make the controls better, increase performance, and maybe include adjustable fov and bang the game could be better. Since Turok 3 and Rage Wars are only console it may be more work just to get them. Those two games may be more compatible to another because of that though. I would like to see Turok 3 also.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"