Author Topic: Why Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is my favorite Turok game  (Read 18554 times)

Offline Turok Fireseed

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
Re: Why Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is my favorite Turok game
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 01:46:36 AM »
Upon taking the time to go into the game again, i also remembered a few other things.

1. There are a lot of cut features from the game, so if Night Dives wants to add those back in, it'll take time to put those back in place, especially as stated previously, there's 2 sides to the same campaign, so adding weapons and such back into the game, it's a bit of a challenge to see what'll fit.

2. As stated, the multiplayer will need a netcode to be online (most likely using steam's naitive multiplayer servers or GoG Galaxy), and some of the arenas don't appear to look like they'll handle more than four players (Shipping and Receiving i'm looking at you), so having upwards of 8-16 players could be difficult unless there's an overhaul to some of the levels.

3. The single player campaign would also require some redesigns for new features (may not be a surprise considering the changes with Turoks 1 and 2) and visuals. The weapons could also use a few more touch ups, but what i would like to see is Joshua's playable form to have his own dialogue (as he mostly uses Danielle's dialogue, though i believe he uses some of Joseph's lines as well), but i know for that to happen, the original voice actor for Joshua would have to come back, and i'm not sure if he's still around, or at least willing to revoice him if given the option.

The original voice actor is still around! Duke64 spoke to him not to long ago ;) But would he be up to do more Turok voice acting is the real question. That was years ago now so idk if he still would want to do more Turok :) Sounds good. Man Turok 3 would be nice to get.

i still hope to see him play Joshua again. Joshua was my favorite among the playable characters, but the only thing i didn't really like was that Joshua had Danielle's lines, which to me was a bit odd. I also found that in chapter 1, you find he doesn't even have his own model, just has Danielle in front, Joseph in back, which is both hilarious, and jarring. So i'm hoping that if the guy comes back for Turok 3 Remastered, is to have lines recorded for Joshua ingame as well as cutscenes, and have Joshua's playable form have his own model.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7156
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 08:23:34 PM »
When I spoke with him it had nothing to do with voicing for doing voices on a game or anything. I just wanted to tell him he was awesome and say I AM TUROK xD Had a small conversation didn't want to bother him he makes music now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 08:24:03 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 485
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 04:30:23 PM »
My two cents.

The game should have multiplayer; if talking about dedicated servers, they can share T2 servers I think.
Some say this would divide the community but then again, what community? you play to have fun, and if you have more fun playing T3 mp you play that. I dont care since the main point of the Turok games is the singleplayer experience. Except for rage wars obviously...

My main interests to see if T3 ever gets a remaster are related to visuals and gameplay. Mostly additions like blood particles from enemies' severed limbs, a better vanish effect for dead bodies, more health for enemies and more of them on higher difficulties.
The removed content Im all in for it.

I would also say an option to toggle weapon models for their better-looking versions but im not sure if theres enough to justify such option (Its mostly all about the shotgun "upgrades")

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9075
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 05:40:45 PM »
My two cents.

The game should have multiplayer; if talking about dedicated servers, they can share T2 servers I think.
Some say this would divide the community but then again, what community? you play to have fun, and if you have more fun playing T3 mp you play that. I dont care since the main point of the Turok games is the singleplayer experience. Except for rage wars obviously...

My main interests to see if T3 ever gets a remaster are related to visuals and gameplay. Mostly additions like blood particles from enemies' severed limbs, a better vanish effect for dead bodies, more health for enemies and more of them on higher difficulties.
The removed content Im all in for it.

I would also say an option to toggle weapon models for their better-looking versions but im not sure if theres enough to justify such option (Its mostly all about the shotgun "upgrades")
Dont forget Zippy

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7156
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2017, 01:43:16 AM »
I would love to play Turok 3 on PC my only suggestion would be to make the editor available like it is in T2. As I'm sure that other stuff like make the game at 60 fps etc etc would be taken care of. Would be great to play that one since it was never on PC. And I definitely do not want to play on a freaking emulator lol I'll pass. I would rather play it on my N64 100% over that. The game would be good for pc same with RW.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2017, 01:49:37 AM »
I would love to play Turok 3 on PC my only suggestion would be to make the editor available like it is in T2. As I'm sure that other stuff like make the game at 60 fps etc etc would be taken care of. Would be great to play that one since it was never on PC. And I definitely do not want to play on a freaking emulator lol I'll pass. I would rather play it on my N64 100% over that. The game would be good for pc same with RW.
Dont you think it would be very special since it was never on pc! My only suggestion if it were to be a thing...would be to continue putting Turok games on gog. Because I really want to own Turok and not some drm steam version.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 05:47:15 AM »
Dont you think it would be very special since it was never on pc! My only suggestion if it were to be a thing...would be to continue putting Turok games on gog. Because I really want to own Turok and not some drm steam version.
Because of GOG not having drm, they earn no moneh whatsoever and their installers get uploaded onto free games websites and torrents without even trying. Nothing is keeping them from doing it, and therefore once one person gets it, EVERYONE gets it. You think all the crazy sales and prices are to be nice? Fuck no! They are to entice people into actually using their service! They earn so little that they have to make the prices small because when the price is a teensie bit too high, people resort to PirateBay.

So everyone shut the fuck up about how either GOG or Steam is better, or i will fucking Doxx you like a fish.
They both have their fair share of good and bad things, but in the end, you still have fun with both. So zip your fucking lips, ungrateful pig fuckers.

P.S. If you hate the drm so much, just launch Steam with automatic login. Doesnt take a goddamn genius to figure it out.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:43:11 AM by Dinomite »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2017, 09:52:59 AM »
He didn't say steam was bad though he just mentioned the fact of drm and that he wanted to own it on GOG and I do also. That's the problem for me I don't want to be forced to open a separate program to play my games. Only time I even launch steam is if a friend wants me to play with them, and then I exit. Other than that ehh rather play Doom 64 ex, gzdoom, eduke32, and turok (on gog). I only have Turok on steam because 64 gifted me I would never buy a game on it.

As for the people who do torrents well they're low live sacks of shit who should probably go get a job instead of searching around for a free game LMFAO shit is lame as hell I hope they get a virus. People like me wish to buy the game and support the devs but at the same time wish to actually own the game.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:01:52 AM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2017, 10:23:37 AM »
Only people who argue between steam and gog are steam people. They have to try and convince everyone so hard. Meanwhile I just say "have fun playing steam but i'm good I like gog sorry" I didn't say steam was bad I just said thank GOD they also put there games on gog. Otherwise i'll pass and play T3 on N64 or even an emu. Steam is just not for me no hate I just don't like it myself my opinion.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2017, 11:35:17 AM »
Only people who argue between steam and gog are steam people.
Bullshit. And i didnt target you specifically or anything, im targeting everybody in the world who reads this.
If you dont want to play a game just cause it would be Steam only, you dont want it in the first place.

People these days are such cry-babies over literally everything. Fuck this world.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal