Author Topic: Multiplayer for Turok 1 what would you like to see?  (Read 9295 times)

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Raptor
  • T:REP 287
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Multiplayer for Turok 1 what would you like to see?
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 09:28:32 AM »
If Turok 1 will be modded, than all things will be possible (level editor, textures change etc). Like in GTA series, Rockstar made game and later people can make this game better with mods.
Not all. The Turok 1 engine is fragile and most likely wont even run texture mods properly without alot of modifications made to the game.

Other than the fact the game is being put on a brand new engine.
Absolutely not. Its just getting enhancements.

it IS getting put on a new Engine, it's based on the same Engine that doom 64 EX used, it's being put on a brand new engine they even said so their self, it's based also on the Turok EX port that was being made, also on a new engine.
I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8889
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »
If Turok 1 will be modded, than all things will be possible (level editor, textures change etc). Like in GTA series, Rockstar made game and later people can make this game better with mods.
Not all. The Turok 1 engine is fragile and most likely wont even run texture mods properly without alot of modifications made to the game.

it IS getting put on a new Engine, it's based on the same Engine that doom 64 EX used, it's being put on a brand new engine they even said so their self, it's based also on the Turok EX port that was being made, also on a new engine.
-_- Turok EX got given away to Night Dive Studios. If you want to argue than get your damn facts straight.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Raptor
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 10:05:16 AM »

-_- Turok EX got given away to Night Dive Studios. If you want to argue than get your damn facts straight.

Exactly, it got GIVEN away, and what was Turok EX on? oh oh? a BRAND NEW ENGINE.
I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 12:34:41 PM »

Exactly, it got GIVEN away, and what was Turok EX on? oh oh? a BRAND NEW ENGINE.
Not a BRAND NEW ENGINE, a BRAND NEW LIGHTNING ENGINE.

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Raptor
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »

Dude, it IS a brand new engine period, the original engine is too messed up to do a damn thing with. They even said they put it on a new engine holy shit man.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 04:54:11 PM »

Dude, it IS a brand new engine period, the original engine is too messed up to do a damn thing with. They even said they put it on a new engine holy shit man.
Im gonna stop you right there. I wont react to this crap anymore as its a hazard to my reputation and my precious time. I stand my point period.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7139
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »
Arguing over engines hehe no point dudes Turok is coming back to reclaim the classic that it is and that's the best part. Turok Ex will release don't worry guys I'm pretty sure an update will be hitting us sometime soon. Night Dive wouldn't of announced Turok yet if they didn't plan for something (had something in the works already). They didn't take it from Kaiser though he is still the lead developer. He is also the original developer of Turok Ex you know same guy who did work on Strife, Doom 64 Ex, and PowerSlave he's worked with Night Dive before. I can't say much myself but there's some facts :)

For mp in Turok 1 it would be bad ass I think, I tell ya it would be amazing to get someone with the Chronoscepter xD tearing micro fibers
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 493
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »
Apologies, Duke, for continuing to veer this thread off topic. Just throwing this out there:

For those who haven’t been keeping up, TurokEX is my next reverse-engineering project which aims to recreate the N64 game, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (and eventually, the sequels). Unlike with Doom64EX, TurokEX will be using a new engine built from the ground up and also won’t be attempting to match the behaviors/mechanics of the game that accurately. The engine (Kex2) will support a Javascript interface which users can script many different aspects of the game. Most of these features that I am currently working on will also be brought over to Doom64EX eventually.

The engine is still in very early prototype stages and I’ve barely touched the actual gameplay mechanics. Most of the time spent was getting the initial framework implemented and designing a system that works best with Javascript’s interface. While this is currently a one-man project, I am always open for any contributers who can help me out in improving the engine.

So with Turok EX, at least, it wasn't just the lighting. For Night Dive specificity, Stephen Kick said that they've "pretty much re-written the game," so take that however you will.

*runs off*

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 792
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 03:46:07 AM »
Turok 1 is the only game in the Turok Franchise that doesn't have a multiplayer mode, I honestly would love to see a classic arena style deathmatch mode for turok 1 just like how it is in Turok 2. There is so many crazy weapons in Turok 1 that never got to be used against your buddies cause you know multiplayer with this game would be amazing.

What would you like to see?

TurokStrike or Counter-Turok, just some funny names that come to mind. I have done some research in learning .net and Msvc in my days since the dawn of gta. Gta5-mods.com have some good exsamples of .net code being utilized externally from a app to make that app have web request and obtain features.  These mods serve as good exsamples as proper implementation of .net  to a none supportive after compilation single player game to witch enables a multiple player inviroment.

Another good exsample and for my sake a better exsample for this topic is: Sven Co-op.
 Ah yes those where the days. Sven Co-op was developed using angelscript as its base and could better serve to prove angelscripts flexibility when it comes to presenting a multiplayer Co-op feature, within a angelscript engine based application successfully turning it into a web app.

When it is done I would like to see a few things; most importantly death matches and Co-op hue Turok campaign. But my aspirations would go much further. Hosting a server and services from one of my locations, I could develop a game on the kex engine and have a feature where once every other week or so I could add some addon content. Like a special celebratory weapon on Turok forums birthday, then make it available for the player to download (or enable ) via a web app free-game content-store-like interface assessable probly within a option at the games main menu. Such a server and service not only could be used to host online games in lobby's Regionly ( prob globally ) but here games can then be special events of there own completely customizable from he position of server hoster ( the game developers hosting servers) these special lobby's/hosted online games could even feature there very own content that by other means would be inexsessable. For sample: ( and I'm makein this up for exsample: ) the Turok forums happy 3rd birthday annual compotiions his year will feature and take place within a set of 5 all new levels. ( the levels would be downloaded on demand by those who are partaking in the event, downloaded on demand upon joining the lobby. ) 

Another possible .net hooked to angelscript online feature would be P2P client/user hosting. Not only will anyone be able to host there own unofficial server but they could present mods to there created server within a specific configuration ( scripts even content like levels and models ) then the mods or content would be present in game by those who joined the server ( content streaming )

the list goes on and on but I think readers would get he idea of my comments ;) btw miss yeah shadow my homie

Offline helenchris0704

• Iguana
  • T:REP 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 04:25:51 PM »
Where to begin! First off, online play definitely. Game modes including but not limited to; Free for all, team DM, capture the flag, secure the objective(s), monkey tag, last man standing, gun game type thing, and king of the hill. It would also be nice to maybe see a mode where you can only use a knife, maybe a knife and a bow. I would also suggest putting in a couple new weapons and not using some to balance gameplay between players. I feel the multiplayer for T2 EX falls short with weapon balance. USE THE BACKPACK AND TEK ARMOR!!!!! These would be amazing to have in multiplayer but they would have to be very limited and hard to get. No spiritual invulnerability, that's just unfair. There would really only be a need for a max of 8 players in my honest opinion. I have literally never seen more than 8 people at once in a T2 lobby, and a get on a few times a week. If multiplayer were possible, seeing a weapon with a scope would be almost crucial.