Author Topic: Kurok (Turok Quake Mod)  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8281
    • View Profile
Kurok (Turok Quake Mod)
« on: July 30, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »
I have been modding my consoles alot lately and stumbled upon a Quake mod from years ago: Kurok
This mod was seemingly made specifically to port Turok: Dinosaur Hunter to the PSP (Same with most of the failed Halo port attempts and CS Portables).
If you search Kurok PSP in google, you'll find pictures and videos. You might find it interesting.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:04:26 PM by Dinomite »

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7044
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Kurok (Turok Quake Mod)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 10:01:34 PM »
If this is it..it looks pretty bad ass.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 05:58:44 AM »
Yes this is it. It "looks" badass but plays like any other generic mod. Still kinda cool though.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 11:23:54 AM »
Is there a place to download it? Like how do we even play. It looks pretty fun yeah.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:01:11 PM »
If you'd do a single google seach you'dve found it already lol. www.bladebattles.com/kurok/

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 782
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »

Worked with this a bit and loved it, did a few things with it back in my psp and vhbl days. A user named wololo was also always nice and a great help. I still have that psp Sdk on a hard drive, was working on adding this:

https://youtu.be/UAKi4x3aclQ

A low quality version for ppspp and the included quality of this video for PS3, the project was scrApped for PS3 for a whole other story's worth of reasons. As of kex I only wish to replicate it lol or have its source code ( a pipe dream maby? Idk I seen crazier things come true lo ) and port it to psp PS3 and ps4. Ps4 Sdk is very flexible an as I do have ing something in the works it's not like what's in the video, hole new thing but was hoping to recreate everything as seen in this video from the original build as a bonus level content Easter egg or something in my current PlayStation projects, eye are on hold just as they were back then lol. Turok is a main priority, and if I can get Turok and the kex engine as is on these consoles you sure as hell know I'll try to do it lo. Prob not possible though, as for Kurok, who knows I think that old homebrew still has a lot of use in today's world, could you picture Kurok as a mini game within a arcade machine inside a game running on the kex engine ( in Turok ) that would be epic.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 12:22:53 PM »

Worked with this a bit and loved it, did a few things with it back in my psp and vhbl days. A user named wololo was also always nice and a great help. I still have that psp Sdk on a hard drive, was working on adding this:

https://youtu.be/UAKi4x3aclQ

A low quality version for ppspp and the included quality of this video for PS3, the project was scrApped for PS3 for a whole other story's worth of reasons. As of kex I only wish to replicate it lol or have its source code ( a pipe dream maby? Idk I seen crazier things come true lo ) and port it to psp PS3 and ps4. Ps4 Sdk is very flexible an as I do have ing something in the works it's not like what's in the video, hole new thing but was hoping to recreate everything as seen in this video from the original build as a bonus level content Easter egg or something in my current PlayStation projects, eye are on hold just as they were back then lol. Turok is a main priority, and if I can get Turok and the kex engine as is on these consoles you sure as hell know I'll try to do it lo. Prob not possible though, as for Kurok, who knows I think that old homebrew still has a lot of use in today's world, could you picture Kurok as a mini game within a arcade machine inside a game running on the kex engine ( in Turok ) that would be epic.
Yes, back in the early PSP scene this was the shit (that means its cool)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 782
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 06:47:26 AM »
I have been messing with this and may do sum thin with it lol. I have a little thing for hacking and running code on SONY devices. It would be very easy to port these models from our Turok game, to kuroks quake engine. Textures and all would give it a bit closer of a feeling, this Kurok quake mod was made by one who had no means of getting original models and textures. So it would be a neat revamp. On the other hand once with a working quake source code for Sony devices, someone may then be able to better up a model surface like boundary feature. Then bam we would be good to go. I'm really looking into Kurok lately, I mostly will and been using it to test out my sdk's after setup. Took a few days to get all the kits installed and working and I'm still working on it, the ps4 Sdk is giving me a few issues but PS3, and PSP are good to go, along with the psp shell Sdk for vita. And pstv. I have big plans for Turok in the future. To bad one of these poor saps in the game makeing some of geese games would just hire me on, but then again I wouldn't want it, the laws would tie me down, snake plissken can already do whatever the hell he wants from this side of the table. And a bonus is knowing that your work may just also end up stickin it to he man.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 06:58:27 AM »
I have been messing with this and may do sum thin with it lol. I have a little thing for hacking and running code on SONY devices. It would be very easy to port these models from our Turok game, to kuroks quake engine. Textures and all would give it a bit closer of a feeling, this Kurok quake mod was made by one who had no means of getting original models and textures. So it would be a neat revamp. On the other hand once with a working quake source code for Sony devices, someone may then be able to better up a model surface like boundary feature. Then bam we would be good to go. I'm really looking into Kurok lately, I mostly will and been using it to test out my sdk's after setup. Took a few days to get all the kits installed and working and I'm still working on it, the ps4 Sdk is giving me a few issues but PS3, and PSP are good to go, along with the psp shell Sdk for vita. And pstv. I have big plans for Turok in the future. To bad one of these poor saps in the game makeing some of geese games would just hire me on, but then again I wouldn't want it, the laws would tie me down, snake plissken can already do whatever the hell he wants from this side of the table. And a bonus is knowing that your work may just also end up stickin it to he man.
You have henkaku too? :D Also, you sure the Quake engine can handle such complex models as turok?

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
  • T:REP 436
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:54 PM »
Keep up the good work dude.