Author Topic: Turok Dinosaur Hunter - Early 1996 Beta Version - Movies  (Read 2240 times)

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
  • T:REP 436
    • View Profile
Turok Dinosaur Hunter - Early 1996 Beta Version - Movies
« on: September 05, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »
While developing my Turok Dinosaur Hunter Retextured version by Gael Romanet http://www.turokforums.com/turok-dinosaur-hunter-3/turok-dinosaur-hunter-retextured-version-by-gael-romanet/ I found out two movies that show an early 1996 Beta Version for Turok Dinosaur Hunter on N64.

The first movie shows an early beta weapons, kinds of short advert promoting Turok as one of the first Ultra 64 titles to be developed for the future N64 console.

The second movie is more like a short teaser in French language.

Luckily I speak French so I did the translation for you guys. Here you go: No surprise that the N64 console welcomes many doom-like games, like Turok. Since Jurassic Park movies, killing dinosaurs within prehistoric designs are fashion for video game developers, allowing weapons and killing skills against nature-living monsters, including humans.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8269
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Dinosaur Hunter - Early 1996 Beta Version - Movies
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:56:20 AM »
These were already posted here in a different thread. Still, good of you to translate it. The music in the first trailer is awesome. Why the fuck did they remove it? Beta was better than final product.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 782
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 03:08:40 PM »
While developing my Turok Dinosaur Hunter Retextured version by Gael Romanet http://www.turokforums.com/turok-dinosaur-hunter-3/turok-dinosaur-hunter-retextured-version-by-gael-romanet/ I found out two movies that show an early 1996 Beta Version for Turok Dinosaur Hunter on N64.

The first movie shows an early beta weapons, kinds of short advert promoting Turok as one of the first Ultra 64 titles to be developed for the future N64 console.

The port of the beta pulse rifle is completed, and the beta-only featured: tomahawk is already completed aswell. I planned and still do want to create a addon content download revisionin and/or and bringing back to life a lot of beta content. Regardless it would be work procured from reinterpretation. Some beta content is avalible but most as featured in articals and video like this would have to made from scratch based on what's in these videos and this kind of content. But the good thing is that there already is scraps to throw together ( within kex Turoks game and file storage contents.

The second movie is more like a short teaser in French language.

Luckily I speak French so I did the translation for you guys. Here you go: No surprise that the N64 console welcomes many doom-like games, like Turok. Since Jurassic Park movies, killing dinosaurs within prehistoric designs are fashion for video game developers, allowing weapons and killing skills against nature-living monsters, including humans.

Sorry for replying within the quote I made of your post ;)

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8269
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 03:09:11 PM »
Man, they shouldve released it like it was in the beta. It was a billion times better. And the music... God, its so awesome. Reminds me of unreal ost. Earcandy.

The most hated person on the internet.