Author Topic: Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully  (Read 12284 times)

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
  • T:REP 436
    • View Profile
Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully by Gael Romanet.

Official website: http://aspecmaps.free.fr/TurokHD/

Download the 1024xProportion version here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3r8virXA_qAUEVpbXc1SFlZT1U&export=download (1.94 GB) of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully by Gael Romanet that replaces the default game.KPF file in Turok - Dinosaur Hunter folder. Starting from the point that Turok - Dinosaur Hunter textures are mostly 64x64 textures (986/2494 textures (more than 39,5% )), the 1024xProportion version is visually up to 16 times better than the default textures.

Download the 512xProportion version here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3r8virXA_qAOVpWdmM1NHBZeW8&export=download  (569 MB) of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully by Gael Romanet that replaces the default game.KPF file in Turok - Dinosaur Hunter folder. Starting from the point that Turok - Dinosaur Hunter textures are mostly 64x64 textures (986/2494 textures (more than 39,5% )), the 512xProportion version is visually up to 8 times better than the default textures.

Download the 64xProportion version here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3r8virXA_qAcGIzYm5vRmxQWjQ&export=download  (30.6 MB) of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully by Gael Romanet that replaces the default game.KPF file in Turok - Dinosaur Hunter folder. Starting from the point that Turok - Dinosaur Hunter textures are mostly 64x64 textures (986/2494 textures (more than 39,5% )), the 64xProportion version is technically the same but still looks better than the default textures.

Enjoy! Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully by Gael Romanet.

The 2494 textures of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter are separated in two folders, which are; "skies" folder and "textures" folder.
The "skies" folder is composed of 4 textures which are in two different resolutions - 1 texture of 32x32 and 3 textures of 64x64.
The "textures" folder is composed of 2489 textures and 1 folder, which is; "special" folder.
The "textures" folder is composed of; 16 textures in 16x4 resolution; 121 textures in 16x16 resolution; 24 textures in 16x32 resolution; 3 textures in 16x64 resolution; 4 textures in 16x256 resolution; 5 textures in 32x16 resolution; 708 textures in 32x32 resolution; 361 textures in 32x64 resolution; 5 textures in 32x128 resolution; 25 textures in 64x16 resolution; 160 textures in 64x32 resolution; 986 textures in 64x64 resolution; 13 textures in 64x128 resolution; 1 texture in 128x16 resolution; 5 textures in 128x32 resolution; 3 textures in 128x64 resolution; 48 textures in 128x128 resolution.
The "special" folder is composed of 2 textures which are in two different resolutions - 1 texture of 512x512 and 1 texture of 2048x809.
The 2494 textures of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter have been redesigned faithfully by Gael Romanet respecting the 19 different resolutions, which are; 16x4; 16x16; 16x32; 16x64; 16x256; 32x16; 32x32; 32x64; 32x128; 64x16; 64x32; 64x64; 64x128; 128x16; 128x32; 128x64; 128x128; 512x512; 2048x809.

I advise you to download the 1024xProportion version of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully by Gael Romanet for a visual result similar to a Bump mapping effect (visual result similar to a Bump mapping effect starting from the 512xProportion version).

The following nine screenshots are from the 1024xProportion version of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully by Gael Romanet.

On the official website: http://aspecmaps.free.fr/TurokHD/ you can enjoy a thumbnail of the 2494 textures of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter in a .PNG file format (including turok_logo2 texture that is used on the top of the web page) are from the 512xProportion version of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully by Gael Romanet.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:25:28 AM by GaelRomanet »

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8892
    • View Profile
Dude, stop it. Quit making a new thread for every little update you do, its filling up the boards.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:39:19 AM by Dinomite »

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
    • View Profile
This is something new and I believe after I ReDesigned Faithfully the 2494 textures of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter for a HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect, a new post is more than welcome.

There will be no more new post because I am fully busy with my Turok Dinosaur Hunter Retextured version, after I released a Turok Dinosaur Hunter Retextured alpha version (in waiting my Turok Dinosaur Hunter Retextured version). This Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully is different than my two other releases. :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:34:37 AM by GaelRomanet »

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8892
    • View Profile
This is something new and I believe after I ReDesigned Faithfully the 2494 textures of Turok - Dinosaur Hunter for a HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect, a new post is more than welcome.

There will be no more new post because I am fully busy with my Turok Dinosaur Hunter Retextured version, after I released a Turok Dinosaur Hunter Retextured alpha version (in waiting my Turok Dinosaur Hunter Retextured version). This Turok - Dinosaur Hunter - HD Mod - Bump Mapping Effect - ReDesigned Faithfully is different than my two other releases. :P
Isnt it just bilinear filtering?

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
    • View Profile
No this is not Bilinear filtering. This is much more! I am talking about a Bump Mapping Effect.

If its was Bilinear filtering, I think Kaiser would uses this in the first place for the pc version released last year. Let see how gonna be the Xbox One version.

I advice you to download the 1024xProportion version here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3r8virXA_qAUEVpbXc1SFlZT1U&export=download (1.94 GB) and to see it for yourself.  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:51:58 AM by GaelRomanet »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
Awesome dude yeah at first I thought it was another thread for your retextures but after I read it I seen was something new. Damn thats pretty cool there.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:22:31 PM by GaelRomanet »

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
    • View Profile

Isnt it just bilinear filtering?

There is no way you can get this result with Bilinear filtering. Anyone good in 3D Modding does know about it.

WITH Bump Mapping Effect.

WITHOUT Bump Mapping Effect.

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
    • View Profile
Awesome dude yeah at first I thought it was another thread for your retextures but after I read it I seen was something new. Damn thats pretty cool there.

THANKS! :)

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
    • View Profile
Dude, stop it. Quit making a new thread for every little update you do, its filling up the boards.

Dinomite, let me ask you in which autority you come straight away after I posted my thread to told me: "Dude, stop it. Quit making a new thread for every little update you do, its filling up the boards."

Are you the Administrator of turokforums?

Dude, you are the one that is "filling up the boards for every little update you do", you have 1167 posts.

Otherwise I saw your post Kurok (Turok Quake Mod). Keep up the good work dude.