Author Topic: Turok: Evolution TCRF Page  (Read 6217 times)

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8284
    • View Profile
Re: Turok: Evolution TCRF Page
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 02:14:09 AM »
This is well organized I see. Great freaking job buddy.
Thank you very much. There'll be more added soon. :)

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 357
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »
Already more info then I knew. Thanks good work! Respect.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 04:44:16 PM »
Already more info then I knew. Thanks good work! Respect.
Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 471
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 04:22:42 PM »
Hey, Dinomite. I popped over to the page and saw the images of the Raptor Handler. Just letting you know, those aren't unused variants; they're what happens when you load either of the Handler's two textures into Blender, as I had been unable to find a way of loading both at the same time. I had posted those on the forums as a way to demonstrate how the final images I uploaded were Photoshopped together when dealing with models that had multiple textures. :P

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 05:30:35 PM »
Hey, Dinomite. I popped over to the page and saw the images of the Raptor Handler. Just letting you know, those aren't unused variants; they're what happens when you load either of the Handler's two textures into Blender, as I had been unable to find a way of loading both at the same time. I had posted those on the forums as a way to demonstrate how the final images I uploaded were Photoshopped together when dealing with models that had multiple textures. :P
Can you show me which one specifically? Im almost 100% sure those variants are unused. This guy appears like 1 or 2 times in the game with the same variant instead of these.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:31:44 PM by Dinomite »

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 471
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »
Sure. It's this one and this one. They're two separate texture sets, one for the legs and head (the first image; file name GEC_ts_Raptor_HandlerFace.dds) and one for the arms and torso (the second image; file name GEC_ts_Raptor_HandlerChest.dds). By themselves, they display on the model only halfway correct; for example, in the first image the model wants to use the texture for the arms but only has the head/legs texture to read from, so since the legs occupy the space on one file that the legs occupy on the other, it gives the arms the leg texture. The game reads the two textures together to give the finished result.

I wasn't trying to imply that the texture sets were separate variants, just that they were parts of the main Raptor Handler.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 02:42:58 AM »
Mistakes can happen :P

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 829
  • Infinite loop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 12:23:27 AM »
Might make a video explaining beta content if that'd be cool.
Well that didn't work

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 03:51:02 AM »
Might make a video explaining beta content if that'd be cool.
I had that same idea. We could cooperate and make the video together if you want. Ive ripped almost all the unused shit now. TCRF page will receive an update soon.

Offline djdduty

• Iguana
  • T:REP 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
Sorry to necromance this thread.

I was just browsing through the forum again and saw this, did you use the editor to modify the level and add in the unused data? I didn't know anyone was using it in any sort of capacity but it's cool that it was used for something!

What are you using to generate the model and texture preview images? Those models seem to have no visual artifacts and whatever you used could be a good research tool to try and fix some of the loading artifacts in Stinkee's turok file loading library.

Also, if a converter / dedicated extractor is desired for models, it might not be too hard to convert the turok files to more conventional model files using the file loading library, but those artifacts would still be present, and model animations wouldn't be part of the output files.

If you did use the viewer / editor, that's awesome and motivating! I'm sorry that neither Stinkee nor I have continued work on the project in recent times.