Author Topic: City of the Sun - Turok DH Map  (Read 5429 times)

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 633
Re: City of the Sun - Turok DH Map
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 11:57:15 PM »
Huh, you guys really were expecting the map..... Well than I'll continue with this project. But I got to say Nav-Meshing is a pain. So far I understand Player & Npc placement

Thanks for not giving up! If you need 1on1 help nav meshing contact me through the forums or add me on steam (you can easily find me on my mod page).

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 7872
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
Huh, you guys really were expecting the map..... Well than I'll continue with this project. But I got to say Nav-Meshing is a pain. So far I understand Player & Npc placement

Thanks for not giving up! If you need 1on1 help nav meshing contact me through the forums or add me on steam (you can easily find me on my mod page).
http://robbi-985.homeip.net/blog/?p=156

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
Hey Kaiser added an Insane set of mods to steam workshop tonight. It's called 'Turok Second Chance' and it's got a lot of meat on the bones. I assume it's Kaiser, it's from BehemothProgrammer. Here we go!

Nope that's not Kaiser buddy. I'm pretty sure Kaiser isn't working on any mods for Turok 1 right now I picture that he has his hands full of Turok 2 only. I am friends with him and he hasn't released a mod since the release of the workshop.

About the editor: The editor is fine for me even though I have not released a map (coming soon I like to take my precious time) it works just fine for me. After all there was never an editor for Turok and the fact that there is one nearly 20 years later is mind blowing. I don't see what the issue is for the editor? Doom uses scripts for making things work on maps also. The sectors in Doom may be a tiny easier because the way the editors (no models) work. But sectors are important to Turok he cannot travel without them. If they were to make the meshes have sectors pre built on to models well then you are asking for a limited editor like snap map on doom 2016. Just like 64 said if you have mapped on Doom before it really isn't nothing new besides the fact that you have to build sectors on your models which is essentially easier then making all the slopes, architecture, and edges using only sectors.

Dinosoid, yes I would still like to see your map even if you take a year :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:14:57 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »

But sectors are important to Turok he cannot travel without them. If they were to make the meshes have sectors pre built on to models well then you are asking for a limited editor like snap map on doom 2016. Just like 64 said if you have mapped on Doom before it really isn't nothing new besides the fact that you have to build sectors on your models which is essentially easier then making all the slopes, architecture, and edges using only sectors.

Right on the money. Without sectors the mapping options would be WAY more limited. Things such as traps, secrets, and switches would be more obvious or limited. Plus ai path finding would not be possible anyway if they did not have sectors.

Also what the hell is that Dinomite?!?! D:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:38:32 PM by Badger »

Offline Dinosoid

• Dimetrodon
  • T:REP 1186
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 06:52:39 PM »
I haven't touch this map, but i'll start right now, updates will come today

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »
I haven't touch this map, but i'll start right now, updates will come today

:D

Offline Dinosoid

• Dimetrodon
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 10:53:52 AM »

Who wants to do the Nav-Meshing for me.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 06:40:41 PM »
I'd rather teach you how to sector than do it for you. I know I said in the past I would do it, but i didn't have that many projects on the back burner then.

Seriously, hit me up on Steam sometime, i'm open almost everyday.

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 7872
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2018, 04:19:55 AM »
I'd rather teach you how to sector than do it for you. I know I said in the past I would do it, but i didn't have that many projects on the back burner then.

Seriously, hit me up on Steam sometime, i'm open almost everyday.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Dinosoid

• Dimetrodon
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 10:11:54 AM »
Please delete this thread Dinomite. False promises. sorry :feather: