Author Topic: Kaiser's Model/Animation Format (Technical Documentation) T2  (Read 3571 times)

Online BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 801
    • View Profile
Re: Kaiser's Model/Animation Format (Technical Documentation) T2
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 09:30:17 PM »
Yeah I found that out too, unfortunately. There's actually 2 different formats for static meshes. The corrected format you mentioned is the one actually used in the game and by almost all the static meshes. The doc format is actually for the models that the game doesn't load and crashes it. So if you want to see them in action you'll have to convert the "broken" ones into the fixed versions. "models/mp/model0541.staticmesh" is one of those meshes.

There's also a mistake for SkinnedMeshes - that you shouldn't read/write the vertex count if surface count is 0.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 792
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 07:26:23 AM »
I made a quick implementation of this in Unity. If you have and know Unity then you can download the scripts for the editors here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvl8ebt73v1j1sj/T2%20Model%20Editor%20%28Unity%29.zip?dl=0 or through my sig. This allows you to more easily edit the values in .skinnedmesh and .anim files.

Hey bp this link is dead can you re post? And what do you mean by unity implementation used to edit values. Do you have it where unity can be used to change or create animations within a .skinnedmesh format? What kind of values can be edited. Thnx.

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »
The Unity scripts were something I made really fast to edit the data in the skinnedmesh and animation files. It's useless now since I went the extra mile and made Fireseed.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 792
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »
Off topic question, I took a look at it and seen that it can't as of yet and I'm aware it's a work in progress. However am I incorrect. Can fireseed allow for the creation of new animations or creation of new animations useing original vanilla animation as a base?

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »
No nothing with animations yet. You can open an existing animation and save it to a new file and edit the values in that animation but nothing else as of now.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod