Author Topic: Update #3  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Dinosoid

• T-Rex
  • T:REP 2033
    • View Profile
Update #3
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:08:13 PM by Dinosoid »

Offline Dinosoid

• T-Rex
    • View Profile
Re: Update #3
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:00:45 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:02:25 PM by Dinosoid »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »
But we can make mp maps and make it more interesting ourselves too. And that update does look like a lot of work and PFM animations is good. I wonder if this goes on to gog also.

I understand but I am just appreciative of the work.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 258
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »
I can understand being frustrated but to my knowledge, it seems only 2-3 people work on Turok.

But hell, you know what? I was talking to a buddy before about poking around some unfinished maps, maybe I'll do that right now.

Offline Dinosoid

• T-Rex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:01:53 PM by Dinosoid »

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8880
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:33:50 AM »
But hell, you know what? I was talking to a buddy before about poking around some unfinished maps, maybe I'll do that right now.
*COUGH* *COUGH* Snake Plissken *COUGH* *COUGH*

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »
Honestly they have tried and tried to get things right for all PC's. Switching or should I say adding an entire new render system is a pain in the ass. Also, making a new game indie style using unity or something is easier to make then bringing back an old classic. Not to mention the specific classic at hand is a pain in the ass itself. Everything is easier to do on a new game rather than bringing one back that has 0 help. Even all by yourself.

Its why nobody has ever touched Turok 1 and 2. Because people who make 'remasters' are out for the cash grab they either port it how it is (Blood dosbox) or the game is simple to port because its already been done by the community (Duke Nukem 3d). Don't care what anyone says not classic t2mp guys either they did a lot of work here we should 100% respect that imo. You want levels? Look 64 made one in a few days we could do the same. Besides who is playing the mp why shuld they prioritize mp when all they hear is complaining about it and no servers are up lol!

We are talking no help a classic game with no trails of existing ports nothing just a game on a cart or disc that's never been touched. Almost any one person could make a game on unity all the tools are set up to match today's standards its not hard at all that's why you see games with lots of levels made quickly etc etc. Unity and Ue4 also have mp connections that are easily set up. Comparing a single dev who is working on a new game doesn't align with bringing a game back that literally has zero bread crumbs to follow and no help no guides just dig in by yourself and be the first to find it out.

These guys did a lot more work then 10 individual indie guys making a game on unity/ue4 do to make there big games. And then to to top it off making a remaster you make yourself constricted on what you can do while on a new game your free to make whatever you want.

Big thanks personally from me to the 3 devs Kaiser, Edward850, and Quasar.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 11:10:25 AM »
Jay busted a vein xD
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 258
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »
In the end, while I can understand people's frustration, its still a business and supporting these games costs time, manpower and money. I feel from what I've seen that the Night-Dive guys are decent people and the guys working on Turok genuinely care. All we can do is give them a bit of faith, and as a community show that demand exists for things such as multiplayer updates and better mod support. Hell the fact that they keep supporting the MP despite it being dead already tells me how much they care.

I know it isn't ending up exactly how all of us wanted and it can be frustrating to love a dormant series for so many years, have it get revived, and watch as the hype dies down. But honestly? We're in a better spot as a community and as Turok Fanatics than we ever were before. Mod Support still needs a lot of work for both games, but the fact that the remasters even exist? The fact that we can still make complex mods even with some serious limitations? Is mind-blowing to me. All we can do is have a little faith, stay together as a community, make some noise and make some content.

*COUGH* *COUGH* Snake Plissken *COUGH* *COUGH*

I actually haven't discussed unfinished maps with Snake, I should talk to him some time though, I wonder how he's doing. But yeah, the maps were something I discussed with Stephen7853; the main creator of Turok 2 Dodgeball. We've made some decent progress so expect some juicy content soon. Working with the T2 unfinished SDK can be difficult.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:45:15 AM by DoomMarine23 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »
Jay busted a vein xD

No I really didn't lol i'm not upset at all having a good day about to go to work. Just saying my opinion on it is all. I think they did a lot more than meets the eye. And the fact that there's never been a port of these games before really goes to show that its a really hard game to bring back. Not a cash grab. I was a little frustrated though I admit but not really I do understand the opinions but mine is completely different :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."