Author Topic: Random Post  (Read 137008 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7044
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Random Post
« Reply #660 on: April 05, 2019, 12:53:56 AM »
I don't think it is dead community discord is just killing up forums everywhere basically, the discord is decently active forums are taking the damage on other forums too have a look around at other communities most of them are mostly on discord now. Seems decent action in classic t2 mp again. But the community could be more supportive of each other instead of picking and choosing.

For me I just really miss my dog we were so close he was my only friend and consider true family 13 years of being with me and my family, even before I had a family my dog with me. I watched go to sleep. Its not getting any better after a week feels even worse sometimes, like sinking in and recognition moments. Don't feel like talking or doing anything. Some times its harder than others but I definitely lost my bestest and only friend I ever had. And literally everything is different now for me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:57:15 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Dinosoid

• Fireborn
  • T:REP 1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 05, 2019, 01:03:19 AM »
I can relate to your dog comment. My Lasted 17 years :feather: :feather: :feather: :feather: :feather:

Offline Dinosoid

• Fireborn
  • T:REP 1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 05, 2019, 01:11:26 AM »
Dinomite meant this community which he's right. people hardly comment on anybody's posts

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8272
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 05, 2019, 02:40:08 AM »
I don't think it is dead community discord is just killing up forums everywhere basically, the discord is decently active forums are taking the damage on other forums too have a look around at other communities most of them are mostly on discord now. Seems decent action in classic t2 mp again. But the community could be more supportive of each other instead of picking and choosing.

For me I just really miss my dog we were so close he was my only friend and consider true family 13 years of being with me and my family, even before I had a family my dog with me. I watched go to sleep. Its not getting any better after a week feels even worse sometimes, like sinking in and recognition moments. Don't feel like talking or doing anything. Some times its harder than others but I definitely lost my bestest and only friend I ever had. And literally everything is different now for me.
I know exactly how you feel, man. RIP Doggy.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #664 on: April 05, 2019, 02:21:54 PM »
Also, like I said the forum is mainly used for the post history and being able to go back and read the details. And now people just respond to everything on discord. Even if you share a forum post on discord they reply on discord. The internet is getting centralized and discord is a part of it. Personally I don't like it much. But I really cannot blame the people because you can get much quicker responses than a forum. But forum is history and easier to look back at important details. Discord has taken over the internet and if the people are not in there community discords I could see how it looks dead from the outside.

I think people don't respond to others because let's be honest this community picks and chooses who they want to respond to regardless of the content being good or not everyone has chosen to respond to a select few and ignore others. Oh well that's what it is then, ppl can try to argue that but I specifically know a few friends who have deleted this community from there mind specifically for this reason. But the forum is not dead like that, its just used for detailed post that could last. Nobody gets on the forums anymore to chat with posts that you have to wait for. When discord is like a quick back and forth chat.

Example:

Noob Player: I can't get turok 2 co op to work. Should I ask on the forum and wait for reply or ask on discord where people are definitely online and could get a response faster.

Oh they will choose discord for this type of situation. And many other situations.

And this is happening to a bunch of the forums everywhere.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 02:55:16 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Online Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 760
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 05, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »
Yeah, I agree it's most likely discord eating up alot of posts that could've been made here. I use discord and steam to talk to people, and honestly it gives people the opportunity to interact 1 on 1 in an IM setting. I end up having a discussion with at least someone about turok almost every single day because of it. The only problem with discord is, of course, it's not visible to other people. And that is a big issue, I probably SHOULD be posting here more.

However, I don't know who these people who are actively ignoring others are. I hope it's not me because, while I haven't used the website much, I'm on discord and steam, and talk to alot of people on both platforms. I would rather not have this place toxic like the doom community is and rather stick together and focus on the game. We can't afford drama, we really cannot.

Sorry about your dog Duke, i hate the feeling of losing a pet. Much love.  :feather:

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #666 on: April 05, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »
Thanks Badger, an no I don't think you are in this you do a lot and even helpful on Sanctum now, gj btw. Honestly, I don't really know who.. if someone were to ask me. I don't say specific names, I am only the person looking at everything that goes on here in a studied above view lol. And I could tell you some people would get a response much more than some others no matter the quality of there post/work. And now I am running the N64 Vault community also and I can literally see the difference very clearly. GE modding and the setup editor community has lived so long because ppl actually talk and respond and play each others stuff. Even if they have bad feedback they played they respond they don't just ignore them.

Anyways, guys don't go around calling the community dead, its really not. BP released a nice Quake map and Smoke did a level and there's TurokNG and Badger's doing stuff. Even I have a few things sitting around. Then there is Dinomite and others doing Evo stuff. (Wish the evo editor would get updated). Turok 2 classic mp is still moving.. The community is not dead it is up to the main members to engage, welcome, and do there parts. Because what is a car without one of its wheels or a missing part. Encourage others don't put them down if you get any time to reply to someone I suggest to do it.

Its not a bad thing to post and talk on discord etc but its just the truth Discord is making forums have less activity everywhere except shit holes like reddit. Which again is another centralized internet shit-hole far worse than discord lol.

I can see where Dinomite and Dinosoid are coming from though (Dinomite Dinosoid = Dinosquad heh jk). Its been very low in activity, try responding to people and give them some freaking sort of recognition lol. Even I get that treatment but personally not the type of person to care. I always get a bunch of random ass feedback from people I don't know at all lol.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8272
    • View Profile