Author Topic: Turok Evolution Community Fan Game  (Read 28535 times)

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 829
  • Infinite loop.
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Evolution Community Fan Game
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »
And yesterday I decided to get back into the Unreal Engine. I needed to refresh my memory on things especially since the last time I touched this it was UDK3. But anyway here is what I built just to refresh my memory :) its really nothing but to show that I am getting back into it. I can't wait to start building my real level I just wanted to refresh everything I learned previously and pick up a few things additionally.

So soon I should have some images of the actual maps I make to show to you guys :)

UDK4 Test Map

Looks nice for a 'refresh' map. :p
When I get back to my desktop I'll start messing with OGLSL.
Well that didn't work

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8284
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »
Drahsid's right dude. This is awesome. if this is just a test map than i cant wait to see the real thing!

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7044
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 08:20:02 PM »
Well I decided to use today to refresh even more and continue messing with the same test level, things are going quickly to. But I thought I would show you because last one looks bad in comparison just keep in mind this is only a test map. I know there is so much more I can do not to mention when I get to getting in more assets and props to place.  There is no limits :)

If you want to see the larger image go here :)

https://duke64nukem.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/turokmaptest1.jpg

Looks nice for a 'refresh' map. :p
When I get back to my desktop I'll start messing with OGLSL.
Nice man sounds good no rush here, I don't even know how to code to like that so good luck :)
Drahsid's right dude. This is awesome. if this is just a test map than i cant wait to see the real thing!
Thanks Dinomite :) this map is pretty much a test run since I haven't used Udk 4 before I only used 3 so its like seeing the differences and throwing things around at the sametime heheh.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:06:02 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline The Ice Princess

• Iguana
  • T:REP 119
    • View Profile
    • Turok Wiki
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 12:59:00 AM »
Really cool!

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 09:04:31 AM »
Wow you didnt post in a long time.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 09:34:30 AM »
That little level does look pretty bad ass though I know its just a quick build up but still. Shows a nice little scene. You know how to construct a nice area thats for sure.

I have an idea why dont you make just a few larger sized open maps. And if we can get Turok Evolution enemies and maybe even include Turok 08 enemies to. I know Duke has some Turok 2 Seeds of Evil weapon models and he has Talset voice pack from T2 mp taunts. Do you think it would end up to messy ? The idea is a bunch of Turok games loaded up into one. Well I would be happy with anything even if we just using Turok 08 models will satisfy me. But just a thought let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:44:38 AM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 1052
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »
Wow okay now this I would really love to see! Nice little level you got there Dukey looks like a comfort zone :) Please keep us updated you all. Cool idea Drahsid if this can work out it will be a lovely time for us Turok fans!
I AM ADON

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 01:34:34 PM »
That little level does look pretty bad ass though I know its just a quick build up but still. Shows a nice little scene. You know how to construct a nice area thats for sure.

I have an idea why dont you make just a few larger sized open maps. And if we can get Turok Evolution enemies and maybe even include Turok 08 enemies to. I know Duke has some Turok 2 Seeds of Evil weapon models and he has Talset voice pack from T2 mp taunts. Do you think it would end up to messy ? The idea is a bunch of Turok games loaded up into one. Well I would be happy with anything even if we just using Turok 08 models will satisfy me. But just a thought let me know what you think.
Rok, we both said that before remember? :) I Think it would be awesome on PC,PS3 and maybe PS4.
Nice little level you got there Dukey looks like a comfort zone :)
Maybe thats what it is?  :)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 10:18:18 PM »
Yeah im just wondering what the plan is. I guess this thread was just to choose an engine but just curious what weapons are in mind for this. Cuz  i know Duke has some Turok 2 weapons models. Pretty much ready to go as md3 files already. I guess im asking to fast but this is a interesting subject and the ppl are talking unlike some of the other remakes....
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 829
  • Infinite loop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 12:34:32 PM »
Duke had PMed me, telling me about the weapons and voices.
I think if all the models are smoothed out enough then it maybe won't look too messy.
We currently need to figure a plot, while I get ready to write the code.
Well that didn't work