Author Topic: Turok Evolution Community Fan Game  (Read 29167 times)

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 829
  • Infinite loop.
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Evolution Community Fan Game
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2015, 05:46:21 PM »
Only normalmaps? No bumpmaps?
Well that didn't work

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • Infinite loop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2015, 11:42:26 PM »
Me and duke thougt of a continuation of turok evolution with 2 stories (like halo 2) one with talset and one with a sleg soldier who doesnt like being evil and later teams up with talset.

Intriguing idea, I personally loved Halo 2's story.

Anyways, I've been fooling around with UDK 4's input system, I haven't done much otherwise due to school and homework; I'll start to write some code for a first person viewer.
Well that didn't work

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8880
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2015, 05:45:01 AM »
Me and duke thougt of a continuation of turok evolution with 2 stories (like halo 2) one with talset and one with a sleg soldier who doesnt like being evil and later teams up with talset.

Intriguing idea, I personally loved Halo 2's story.

Anyways, I've been fooling around with UDK 4's input system, I haven't done much otherwise due to school and homework; I'll start to write some code for a first person viewer.
Okiedokie

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline djdduty

• Iguana
  • T:REP 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2015, 05:16:34 AM »
I probably wouldn't say anything about this normally to avoid making people excited, but I can't help myself. It has to do with the game, bare with me.

I may or may not have a fun device on the way that might have something to do with stereoscopic imaging, head tracking,  immersion, and it might rhyme with "octopus lift" showing up soon.

The turok viewer stinkee is making is using a certain rendering engine that stinkee and I may or may not have created entirely ourselves and thus have complete control over, and it may just also boast of a groundwork for modern rendering techniques.

These two hypothetical statements might, or might not, just correlate into something you all might enjoy as a proof of concept feature for the community version of the game.

But none of this matters if you aren't in to that sort of thing, it's all hypothetical anyway, of course.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:04:32 PM by djdduty »

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2015, 10:36:11 AM »
I probably wouldn't say anything about this normally to avoid making people excited, but I can't help myself. It has to do with the game, bare with me.

I may or may not have a fun device on the way that might have something to do with stereoscopic imaging, head tracking,  immersion, and it might rhyme with "octopus lift" showing up soon.

The turok viewer stinkee is making is using a certain rendering engine that me and stinkee may or may not have created entirely ourselves and thus have complete control over, and it may just also boast of a groundwork for modern rendering techniques.

These two hypothetical statements might, or might not, just correlate into something you all might enjoy as a proof of concept feature for the community version of the game.

But none of this matters if you aren't in to that sort of thing, it's all hypothetical anyway, of course.
Yeah yeah... You are talking about the oculus rift. Not really fooling anyone.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2015, 11:30:56 AM »
My mind is bouncing off the walls trying to catch a grip with this hypothetical talk xD But it sounds quite interesting!
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline djdduty

• Iguana
  • T:REP 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2015, 12:04:01 PM »

Believe it or not, I wasn't sure if "octopus lift" was enough of a hint. I don't know if any here is actually interested in vr or not but I personally am really excited to receive my rift and use it in some stuff.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:04:14 PM by djdduty »

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2015, 04:53:52 PM »

Believe it or not, I wasn't sure if "octopus lift" was enough of a hint. I don't know if any here is actually interested in vr or not but I personally am really excited to receive my rift and use it in some stuff.
You should try some old games like unreal on it.

Offline Forest Rain

• Iguana
  • T:REP 76
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2015, 03:30:48 PM »
Interesting! I really like what I see here the few pictures of the small forest areas are very nice. I hope you all good luck

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • Infinite loop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »
VR Turok-Like experience sounds to me like:
Being eaten by a robotic T-rex that's massive in something that seams real.
Well that didn't work