Author Topic: Turok Evolution Models  (Read 58290 times)

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 493
    • View Profile
Turok Evolution Models
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:54:08 PM »
I haven't had much time to work on this tonight, but just using the already-converted files he provided, I come bearing gifts:

One Ankylosaurus render, which is what I did most of my practicing on, as Blender is a foreign creature to me.

And for the beta crowd, one large bat. It kinda looks... tasty? I dunno. Like somebody grilled it or something.

Tomorrow's not going to see anything done, probably, but I have all day Sunday (as far as I know) to mess around with this.

ADMIN EDIT: Stinkee 2's Turok Evolution Models Post(from this thread): http://www.turokforums.com/turok-evolution/turok-evlution-models-53/msg10388/#msg10388
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:10:19 PM by Duke64 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7139
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok Evlution Models
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:30:28 PM »
Man those are really nice, you do bear gifts indeed there. The Ankylosaurus he is going for my dinner tonight hehe Ankylosoup for me ::)

Nice job here everyone! Keep it up please do it is very interesting.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8880
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 02:02:14 AM »
I Hope i helped you all to extract these easier. Im sorry if i didnt.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »
At the very least, you've done a whole lot more than I could've done by myself.  :P  You do good work, sir.

I had a bit of time, so I looked through the models and picked one that I've been interested in. Per the walkthrough design doc, a rideable raptor was planned, and concept art exists in the game's Gallery feature. So here's the saddle that would have presumably gone on the regular raptor's model. I had to do a bit of Photoshopping to get the textures right, as the saddle and the flags have two separate texture files and I dunno how to get Blender to observe both of them on one model simultaneously.

Saddle 01
Saddle 02

That little dangly crescent-shaped thing in the second pic is supposed to be a feather, but no texture exists for it so it uses the yellow flag's texture.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2338
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »
All those are cool nice job in this thread. Yeah sure looks like teamwork :) So may I ask could Talsets model, hands,  and weapons be exported and put into an engine for use say maybe unreal engine 3 or 4 ? I ask because Duke has made a map on UE3 before and what if you could play as Talset and maybe some Turok dinos creatures to. I apologize im not that smart when it comes to all of this. Just a thought
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:54:09 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 10:59:08 PM »
Non taken dude. I Didnt take it personally, i was just saying. Anyways, do you think theres a way of actually accessing this stuff in-game with a hex editor?
Quote from: Rok
All those are cool nice job in this thread. Yeah sure looks like teamwork :) So may I ask could Talsets model, hands,  and weapons be exported and put into an engine for use say maybe unreal engine 3 or 4 ? I ask because Duke has made a map on UE3 before and what if you could play as Talset and maybe some Turok dinos creatures to. I apologize im not that smart when it comes to all of this. Just a thought
I'm certainly not going to say it's impossible, but you'd definitely need someone more knowledgeable than myself. My skills are rudimentary at best, lol.

One last one for tonight, the Dire Wolf.

Dire Wolf 01
Dire Wolf 02

If anybody misses a render at any point, I'm placing them in a gallery as I upload them, just to keep them all in one place. Link is here.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7139
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 01:35:09 AM »
Please dont call me sir. I Want to be treated like a normal user lol.
Dinomite anyone who read some of the thread would see that you helped alot. I kind of disagree that you are a normal user as you have more posts then anyone hehe ;)you are just humble. So its no wonder we like to respond to you also when we can :) i agree with Rok teamwork works

Dire Wolf 01
Dire Wolf 02

Those are great! that wolf is really good and its cool we get something to see like this one thing about Evolution it has plenty mysteries thanks very much for sharing to.   ::)

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 829
  • Infinite loop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 01:48:13 AM »
A while back I found a great method for fur simulation, which could be used on mammals.
Well that didn't work

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8880
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 01:33:59 PM »
Good idea. Fix up the bugs, smooth out the models a bit and BAM.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 829
  • Infinite loop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 01:50:19 PM »
Good idea. Fix up the bugs, smooth out the models a bit and BAM.
Don't forget to add global illumination and higher resolution textures.
BAM.
Well that didn't work