Author Topic: Turok Evolution Models  (Read 60404 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7132
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok Evolution Models
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2017, 12:03:57 AM »

Wow, that was fast. Looking great, I'd play it.

I see there's some weird stuff going on with the alpha channel of those .BMPs, I'll see about converting the textures to .png instead when I get a chance.

Yeah png would be better for my situation since the engine here uses png mainly. But I was editing those, you can see I did them really fast so far- except the main tree there. But that could help with speed for future stuff ahead.

I'm also enjoying just viewing the models too though really cool.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 792
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »
I can get the maps into turok 1 because and did so with the 3 parts of map 1 because I like the grind.

so we can get these into turok 1 and in turok 2. okay so whats the plan!? should we do something with these?  lol
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:29:21 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 792
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »

Wow, that was fast. Looking great, I'd play it.

I see there's some weird stuff going on with the alpha channel of those .BMPs, I'll see about converting the textures to .png instead when I get a chance.

Yeah png would be better for my situation since the engine here uses png mainly. But I was editing those, you can see I did them really fast so far- except the main tree there. But that could help with speed for future stuff ahead.

I'm also enjoying just viewing the models too though really cool.

one of the biggest tricks I use, other then using notpad++, is xnconvert. its a program, and when the window is open you can drag and drop every texture in a folder into its window. and it will convert the files to .png and place them right back in the original folder all in a sec. then with notpad++ we can, with one click, change everytime ".png" is used in .mtl file, from ".bmp", to ".png".
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:49:02 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Stinkee2

• Raptor
  • T:REP 255
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2017, 02:56:27 AM »
I've got the new textures and .mtl files uploaded. It's just the .png and .mtl files though, just drag the actors/levels folders on top of the existing ones and overwrite the .mtl files.

Actors: https://www.sendspace.com/file/gno0pk
Levels: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ee4tpc

Offline Rub Serdens

• Raptor
  • T:REP 192
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
I found these guys in actors\environments\podspecific\pod17_brucknertrex\Environment\DeadBodies
looks pretty creepy

By the way, I tried to find model of this corpse, but unsuccessfully. Seems like it was completely cut out from the game.  :(

Styracosaurus rider is Tal'Set with sleg texture, lol.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8885
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2018, 01:53:29 PM »
I found these guys in actors\environments\podspecific\pod17_brucknertrex\Environment\DeadBodies
looks pretty creepy

By the way, I tried to find model of this corpse, but unsuccessfully. Seems like it was completely cut out from the game.  :(

Styracosaurus rider is Tal'Set with sleg texture, lol.

Probably... :(

Also, you should try to place the Tal'Set texture onto that sleg thing

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Rub Serdens

• Raptor
  • T:REP 192
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2018, 07:15:04 AM »

Heh, maybe, originally conceived that we had to ride a styracosaurus like in Turok 2, but later it was cut out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:16:38 AM by Rub Serdens »

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8885
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2018, 09:20:00 AM »

Heh, maybe, originally conceived that we had to ride a styracosaurus like in Turok 2, but later it was cut out.
Yeah, actually, that could be the case. I think I may have some concept art of such a concept...

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Reienkyo Mac Perpis

• Iguana
  • T:REP 102
  • Slegs have rights!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2018, 07:26:02 AM »
I remember to see the strange sleg rider whit not so good aplicated skin, and i assume acclaim have not so much time to improve all the model and priorised the styracosaurus over the rider.
Now i know in fact its a TalĀ“Set model whit a re skin. Even i dont still like who looks its a good curiosity about the game i think, but now i need to look the air glider/ delta pilot in the flying levels.
+Fireborns dreams whit sheeps on fire?.+

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7132
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2018, 05:50:52 PM »
looks pretty creepy

I also noticed the corpses I thought it was really cool I even started adding to Turok 2 when I was doing this :) I couldn't remember where it was used or if it was used lol but I do wonder if it was unused or not. Anyone know for sure?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:56:40 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"