Author Topic: The World is Not Enough Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] (UPDATED V1.4)  (Read 19270 times)

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 453
    • View Profile
I just tested the new Mod. Great work.  :D
I collected some infos from my experience if you need that for something:

1. The "Mustang 44" needs it Scope, same goes for "Deutsche M95", "Mustang MAR4", basically all weapons with a scope.
2. "Frinesi Shotgun" and "Frinesi Auto" needs a louder Shoot Sound.
3. "Meyer TMP (P5)" is just a not as good as it´s "Meyer TMP". Maybe it´s the sound, i don´t know.
4. "Koffler KSS" is just an overall bad experience, sound- and lookwise.
5. "MB POW90" doesn´t sound correct when shooting automatic, single sounds right.
6. "AR36 Sniper" Weapon Model seems to be not correctly ripped.
7. "RL 22" needs it´s correct Reloading Animation.
8. I don´t know why, but i expected when that the alternate Mode of the "Wolfram P2K" would be that it´s the silenced Version. Having the animation where the Character put the Silencer on it like in the Game would be cool.
9. I think the "Raptor Magnum" has a Laser as second Mode.
11. The "Impact Grenade" was actually the strongest weapon in "TWINE". It really needs it´s distinct Beeping Sound and have to explode when Enemies got near them, and not when throwing the Grenade. In case you don´t remember, i found a Video in
      which this Grenade get used: https://youtu.be/1nW5zf7misQ?t=106

By the way, i have all the Sounds in Wave Format from this Game. Someone uploaded that on the ZDoom Forums long ago. But in case you need it, here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9ydxi8kw89ogaxo/007sounds.zip/file

Please see this all as an feedback.  :have a nice day:

Thanks for the feedback. I will see what I can do by the next version.

EDIT: V1.6 Has been released. Not much, just some changes, one of which is big enough.

These hotfixes are from V1.5.1 which I released as a holdover for this Version:

Frinesi Shotgun and Frinesi Auto's firing sounds should now be louder.
Fixed the Frinesi Shotgun's Ammo Pickups using the wrong sprite.
Seamaster Speargun and Delta 900 Mag can now auto-fire again.

And for the real deal....

Koffler KSS no longer goes into parts of the put away animation after reloading it. hopefully it should be better.
Wolfram P2K can now finally be fitted with a silencer. This removes the need to have the silenced version as a standalone weapon.
Finally added the 'BRIGHT' flag to nearly all of the weapons.
Picking up The Frinesi Special 12 Speedloader Upgrade now gives you the gun itself if you haven't already. It's also more likely to spawn, too.
All three Grenades now have low throw range, and for the Flag and Cluster Grenades, are now more unlikely to bounce around like crazy.
Fixed most of the weapons's alt fires still using ammo even when Unlimited Ammo is on.
Wolfram P2K (PS) can now drop from the Shotgun Spawner.

And if you didn't know already, I got more addons up for download as well: Auto-Taunts, Music Pack, N64 Weapon Set Only, PS Weapon Set Only and Prototype Weapons.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:36:12 AM by Raffine52 »

Offline Nutshot

• Iguana
  • T:REP 93
    • View Profile
Re: The World is Not Enough Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] (UPDATED V1.4)
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2020, 07:11:36 AM »
Thank you for your work.
I will test this out and will give some feedback (if there is any).
No wonder i didn´t know some of these weapon sprites in that Mod. Some of them are from the PS1 Version which i completely forgot that it exists too.

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 453
    • View Profile
Re: The World is Not Enough Guns in Doom by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] (UPDATED V1.4)
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2020, 12:34:56 AM »
The MP Low Detail Weapons Addon has been released.

I also added in the Info for the addons, As well. These are:

Auto-Taunts: Makes nearly all of the Characters taunt upon scoring Kills. Like always, This is for GZDoom only.

Disable L4D Voices: This Addon disables the L4D Character's Lines when picking up weapons and reloading, so that way when using 'IDFA', 'IDKFA' or 'give all' Cheats, You don't have to deal with suddenly having Ellis's Voice if you are not playing as him.

MP Low Detail Weapons: This Addon makes all of the Nintendo 64 Weapons use the Appearances from the Multiplayer Mode in their Low Detail glory (This means low poly models, no reloading animations and no hands). Note that only the N64 Weapons will spawn as the PS Weapons are disabled while using this addon.

N64 Weapons Only: This Addon makes it so only the weapons from the Nintendo 64 Version will spawn. All PS Weapons will be disabled.

PS Weapons Only: This Addon makes it so only the weapons from the PlayStation Version will spawn. All N64 Weapons will be disabled.

Prototype Weapons: This Addon makes all of the Nintendo 64 Weapons use the Appearances/sounds/models from the early development build of the game. This also changes up some of the sound effects as well. Note that only the N64 Weapons will spawn as the PS Weapons are disabled while using this addon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal