Author Topic: N64UNPAK Tool ?  (Read 4307 times)

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8269
    • View Profile
Re: N64UNPAK Tool ?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 05:57:39 AM »
Its alright.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
  • T:REP 85
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2018, 08:46:59 PM »
Hey, Guys Ive been so busy with work lately Ive had to also get through school also been very busy.
Just to let you know that this project is still active.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 3072
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 10:27:16 AM »
Thanks for checking in. No problem good luck with your life stuff.  :campaigner:
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8269
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 10:58:35 AM »
Thanks for checking in. No problem good luck with your life stuff.  :campaigner:
Exactly.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 7044
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2018, 11:38:15 PM »
Hope things are going well.

Just a random thought but could this tool possibly help with extracting level models from games like Shadowman for example. That game is troublesome the model format was something weird too. I have been unable to get clean exports on that one in particular.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2019, 11:17:05 PM »

Just a random thought but could this tool possibly help with extracting level models from games like Shadowman for example. That game is troublesome the model format was something weird too. I have been unable to get clean exports on that one in particular.

Sure, I can make it compatible depends on the data packed in the "n64 Rom".

Update, on my progress on this tool I apologize I've been dealing with some important family stuff lately
But, I did get a big chunk of the code done but I am stopped due to trying to understand some data from the "N64 Rom" so
I know what to do next Because I have been doing some serious testing on other "N64 Roms" out there too see if they too use
the same file system &  structures and so on.
So, I want this tool well I want is a different issue but I am trying to code this tool to extract any "N64 RoM".
So, in other words a universal "N64 Rom Extractor" which I think is a very good Idea indeed so this is what Is been holding me up
On getting the project done in time so the only thing I can do is keep you all updated every month to give updates.  :have a nice day:

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 10:29:39 PM »

Update, on my progress on this tool I apologize I've been dealing with some important family stuff lately
But, I did get a big chunk of the code done but I am stopped due to trying to understand some data from the "N64 Rom" so
I know what to do next Because I have been doing some serious testing on other "N64 Roms" out there too see if they too use
So, I want this tool well I want is a different issue but I am trying to code this tool to extract any "N64 RoM".
So, in other words a universal "N64 Rom Extractor" which I think is a very good Idea indeed so this is what Is been holding me up
On getting the project done in time so the only thing I can do is keep you all updated every month to give updates.  :have a nice day:

Update 3.3 :have a nice day:

I found out that each n64 rom holds these file types "png , wav , map, exe, dll , cfg" So these files can be extracted from the roms easily.
I've also got done the  classes for open read write so next is to do some classes for opening pacific file extensions
Then, make some read and write classes for pacific file extensions.
may need some libs for this tho.
But, A question for anybody that can answer it which model file extensions was used for n64 games. Like did shadow-man n64 use 3d models or sprite-batches
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:31:43 PM by TurokTheMan »

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2019, 06:40:40 AM »

"UPDATE 4.4" "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT"

Hey, guys I want to give another update on my progress of the tool.
I've also got a pic to show as well but as of know.
""Here is the pic https://imgur.com/a/cSYVZaZ ""

Yesterday, I got done the extraction classes for the files "png , dll "
So, I lack a couple more classes for the other files as well.
But, I've got the interface done for the tool as well.
I've also, added a support feature for repacking the ROM.
So, for example you could make a HD texture pack for the game lets say for example "Turok"
So, with my tool you could repack the HD textures back into the ROM and play the ROM on a emulator with the new hd textures which is cool to.
So, it introduces modding to the N64 which is something we need for sure.

I have 1 big announcement.
I decided when I get this tool done I am making a PC port of Turok 3 shadows of oblivion for PC.
So, there will be a port of the 3rd installment of Turok for PC finally after so many years.
So, thanks for all your all's patience with me I'm still hard at work on this tool but so close to getting it done.

Any, Questions you might have feel free to ask them.
Thank you, and have a wonderful Saturday. :have a nice day:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:44:31 AM by TurokTheMan »

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 308
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2019, 08:10:10 PM »

So, for example you could make a HD texture pack for the game lets say for example "Turok"
So, with my tool you could repack the HD textures back into the ROM and play the ROM on a emulator with the new hd textures which is cool to.

I decided when I get this tool done I am making a PC port of Turok 3 shadows of oblivion for PC.
So, there will be a port of the 3rd installment of Turok for PC finally after so many years.
So, thanks for all your all's patience with me I'm still hard at work on this tool but so close to getting it done.

I love this. I can't wait to see it done.

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 09:44:56 AM »

I love this. I can't wait to see it done.

Me, too I'm excited to release the tool and start the turok 3 PC port.