Author Topic: Double-O-Turok by Doommarine23  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Dinosoid

• T-Rex
  • T:REP 2033
    • View Profile
Double-O-Turok by Doommarine23
« on: February 21, 2019, 01:47:02 AM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 02:44:20 PM by Dinosoid »

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8880
    • View Profile
Re: Double-O-Turok by Doommarine23
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 04:26:17 AM »

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 258
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:19:17 PM »
Thank you guys, was hoping people would like it. For now, I'm keeping the project's scope pretty small and obtainable. 3-5 weapons, and 1-2 levels. The levels are gonna take a long time as I intend on interiors and lots of custom assets, but I think they'll be worth the wait, I promise.

Don't know when I'll do another update video, perhaps one video per weapon or something. I wanna keep surprises though!

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 09:39:09 AM »
Don't know when I'll do another update video, perhaps one video per weapon or something. I wanna keep surprises though!
Probably never.

Offline Raptor Dan

• Iguana
  • T:REP 162
  • Murder time, fun time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »
Probably never.
Why are you bumping the threads like this?
It doesn't increase the likely hood of a progress update, especially with that passive aggressive attitude of yours.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 865
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »
Probably never.
It doesn't increase the likely hood of a progress update, especially with that passive aggressive attitude of yours.

With all the complaints about the forums being "dead", this is one of the reasons why that is. Nobody wants to post anything if we have people harassing other members. New members mildly into the games will not want to participate here only to be harassed by the toxic part of the Turok community.  It's just a big demotivation, and the forums only has people who are huge fans of the series (and therefore can tolerate some harassment) ever posting on here because of it.

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 03:13:41 AM »
Probably never.

With all the complaints about the forums being "dead", this is one of the reasons why that is. Nobody wants to post anything if we have people harassing other members. New members mildly into the games will not want to participate here only to be harassed by the toxic part of the Turok community.  It's just a big demotivation, and the forums only has people who are huge fans of the series (and therefore can tolerate some harassment) ever posting on here because of it.
Nobody here is harassing anybody. You would be negative too if the forum you put your heart and soul into for almost 5 years ended up dying in favor of a shitty disfunctional Discord server. The community is also incredibly divided, working more as seperate gangs than an actual mutual community. Why do you think Sixty and I don't even bother with Turok anymore?

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 08:06:42 AM »
Nobody here is harassing anybody. You would be negative too if the forum you put your heart and soul into for almost 5 years ended up dying in favor of a shitty disfunctional Discord server. The community is also incredibly divided, working more as seperate gangs than an actual mutual community. Why do you think Sixty and I don't even bother with Turok anymore?

Ah, the so called "cliques" of Turok, yet despite this we've had events where speedrunners have played turok mods and many of us have played together on Vis's server. These past couple years have been the best state Turok's been in a long time; years ago we weren't even big enough to have separate "gangs".

No Turok regulars want to come to post on these forums just to have snarky comments about their mod or whatever, and lurkers who see the harassment and the hundreds of pointless spam posts would think the forums are dysfunctional, which it is.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 258
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 06:30:51 PM »
I'm not sure what to say here. I think growing pains and changes are just a part of life and part of communities. The forums and Discord are both equally valuable in their own ways. The best we can do is encourage newcomers, and make resources and tools as easy to find and use, as possible.

With that out of the way, I have some content to show. I'm sorry I've gone quiet on this project, I've slowed down on a lot of things while studying in college. But I assure you that Turok (along with Half-Life) are still obsessions and I very much intend on bringing every project I have to release.

Without further ado, here is several juicy updates. I've gotten the Pump Shotgun ingame, created a frag grenade model, and completed the PP7 model.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:33:30 PM by DoomMarine23 »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 07:04:00 PM »
You're making fast progress on the 007 guns Doom, and we're supporting you every step of the way.

Just got to have a little faith in Turok, keep the positive vibes going.  :chronosceptor:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:05:52 PM by Badger »