Author Topic: The Mutant  (Read 527 times)

Online Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 875
    • View Profile
Re: The Mutant
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »
We kind of see now where they were going with this originally, you see the beta oblivion hound as a scorpion type thing, and we have a mutant here with a fly head (which most likely was replaced with the Stryders). Makes you wonder what other enemies originally had different designs, and if any concept art exists.

Offline ZEED

• Iguana
  • T:REP 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »
Yes indeed, the only concept art i have seen is in that documentary i posted and in that David Dienstbier even talks about combining different animals and insects to make hybrid creatures. it's baffling and upsetting the many changes and the loss of these interesting designs for lesser ones in the development of Turok 3 but here's hoping someone can datamine the protos/betas and find models like "the mutant" and maybe others!

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8886
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2019, 05:26:08 AM »
Yes indeed, the only concept art i have seen is in that documentary i posted and in that David Dienstbier even talks about combining different animals and insects to make hybrid creatures. it's baffling and upsetting the many changes and the loss of these interesting designs for lesser ones in the development of Turok 3 but here's hoping someone can datamine the protos/betas and find models like "the mutant" and maybe others!

Who knows! :) They got the Turok 3 protos to work. Now its just a matter of waiting it out.

The most hated person on the internet.