Author Topic: << Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion >> PC PORT In Development  (Read 409 times)

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
  • T:REP 145
    • View Profile
<< Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion >> PC PORT In Development
« on: November 20, 2019, 11:49:03 PM »
"" Image link Here: https://imgur.com/qmuL6d6 ""

I'm hard at work on reverse Engineering the Turok 3 Shadows of Oblivion N64 Game.
And, I've got the new engine almost done to run Turok 3 Shadows of Oblivion in so excited.

List of Features:

Adjustable FOV
Mouse and Keyboard Support
Mouse Look
DirectX 11 Support
Venum 3D Support - New Algorithm's
MultiThreading Support
Spacial Ray Tracing Support - New Algorithm
HD 4k Textures Support
New Lighting Mechanics
New Shadow Mechanics
New Graphic Options
Bloom Support
HDR Support
Reflections Support - Optional Support
New Window Resolutions Support
4K Native Game Resolution Support
New Sound Drivers Support
New Sound Devices - New Algorithm
Performance Fixes
Key Bined Controls Support
Better AI Adjustments
Player movement speed increase
And Much More - To Be Added

So, there is still much coding and work to be done but I thought I would at least share this to the community.
We, May get a true PC Port of Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion Coming in 2020. <<Fingers Crossed>>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 11:55:28 PM by TurokTheMan »

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 264
    • View Profile
Re: << Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion >> PC PORT In Development
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:14:41 PM »
Sounds promising, any WIP pictures?

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8889
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 10:04:44 PM »
^^^
 :raptoid:

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 08:43:35 AM »
Sounds promising, any WIP pictures?

I'm coding and working as fast as I can aka "overdrive to get this put out asap"

No, still in deep coding.
And, I came up with a brilliant idea if I pull it off emulation is history no sh*t hands down only If I can pull
it off It will be a first.

Keep, you all posted you don't want to miss this or any updates I put out.
I would hate for me and a streamer that I watch be the only ones to try it out.
Also, the n64 unpacker I talked about in another thread will be released with the source code when I'm done
so I thought I would say that at least it should be able to dump all data from any n64 game of your choice.

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »
^^^

if you want me to explain the idea I will but it will be a big wall of text and examples lol so get ready if you do

Online Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 8889
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 07:21:38 PM »
^^^

if you want me to explain the idea I will but it will be a big wall of text and examples lol so get ready if you do
Do ya thing. :)

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 10:52:45 PM »
^^^

Well, first let us understand what emulation is.

For example, allows Super Nintendo (SNES) games to be played on a Windows or Unix machine. The Virtual Boy Advance emulator allows users to play Game Boy Advance games on Windows or Macintosh computers. Games for these emulators are saved as ROM files, which are exact copies of a game cartridge or disk. Therefore, instead of loading a physical cartridge, video game emulators simply load ROM files from the computer's hard drive.

Well, that seems simple tho but there is one limitation well there is many lets dab into this.
We have the great emulation of our great n64 games and we have the old graphics and sound and have to play with a gamepad aka controller but not what pc users have in their pc ports right, right well.

Let us Introduce "MEMULATION" short "MEMULATER" A new thing interested well continue reading below.

Before we simply read and loaded ROM files from the hard drive and emulated n64 games but without the great things pc game ports offer.

Well, this is where a Memulater comes in we can load ROM Files like before from our hard drive but this time we can read from memory blocks from each line or, line's of bytes.
and have the power to manipulate the game to work as a pc port with pc features.

With, all that makes pc gaming great.
seems complicated Nah not really.
the only thing is the limitation of the n64 architecture.
So, I am breaking down a n64 console and reversing the firmware and manipulate it to work from functions that are called from my game engine library
and break the lock so to speak then dump the firmware to a format on my PC and start making a program that uses the firmware but at this point we
have already reverse-engineered the firmware to windows win32 c++ format.

So, you will have all the great features that true pc gaming offers in a complete package for your great n64 titles you known and loved.

Emulation = only n64 gamepad ext no pc port features
Memulation = n64 compatibility like emulation but with pc port features.

Every, game on n64 will be compatible emulation will be history if I can pull this off.
I've already got my engine library done I'm starting next week on taking apart the n64 console and start doing some magic.

I know most of you all may not understand so a shorter answer here is,
its a Memulator with pc port features for all your n64 titles.

Offline TurokTheMan

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »
^^^

Well, first let us understand what emulation is.

For example, allows Super Nintendo (SNES) games to be played on a Windows or Unix machine. The Virtual Boy Advance emulator allows users to play Game Boy Advance games on Windows or Macintosh computers. Games for these emulators are saved as ROM files, which are exact copies of a game cartridge or disk. Therefore, instead of loading a physical cartridge, video game emulators simply load ROM files from the computer's hard drive.

Well, that seems simple tho but there is one limitation well there is many lets dab into this.
We have the great emulation of our great n64 games and we have the old graphics and sound and have to play with a gamepad aka controller but not what pc users have in their pc ports right, right well.

Let us Introduce "MEMULATION" short "MEMULATER" A new thing interested well continue reading below.

Before we simply read and loaded ROM files from the hard drive and emulated n64 games but without the great things pc game ports offer.

Well, this is where a Memulater comes in we can load ROM Files like before from our hard drive but this time we can read from memory blocks from each line or, line's of bytes.
and have the power to manipulate the game to work as a pc port with pc features.

With, all that makes pc gaming great.
seems complicated Nah not really.
the only thing is the limitation of the n64 architecture.
So, I am breaking down a n64 console and reversing the firmware and manipulate it to work from functions that are called from my game engine library
and break the lock so to speak then dump the firmware to a format on my PC and start making a program that uses the firmware but at this point we
have already reverse-engineered the firmware to windows win32 c++ format.

So, you will have all the great features that true pc gaming offers in a complete package for your great n64 titles you known and loved.

Emulation = only n64 gamepad ext no pc port features
Memulation = n64 compatibility like emulation but with pc port features.

Every, game on n64 will be compatible emulation will be history if I can pull this off.
I've already got my engine library done I'm starting next week on taking apart the n64 console and start doing some magic.

I know most of you all may not understand so a shorter answer here is,
its a Memulator with pc port features for all your n64 titles.

Time to Reverse Engineer this N64 Console ;) https://imgur.com/rds0xvR