Author Topic: Turok 3 Mouse Input and other goodies  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Drahsid

• Dimetrodon
  • T:REP 930
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 3 Mouse Input and other goodies
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2020, 04:54:50 PM »
Kinda sucks that OP's instructions weren't clear at all and left out important information like your post did in regards to the dlls needed.
My instructions were pretty clear.
Quote from: Drahsid
Download any version of Mupen64Plus that is not Mupen64Plus-nx!!
Download and extract this into the root directory of Mupen64. This should replace "mupen64plus.dll", and you should see a new folder called "scripts."
That's it, run Turok 3 in Mupen!
User error does not mean that I wrote unclear instructions.
For example:
What an absolute slog of an emulator, though. What's the point of a piece of software if it lacks even the most basic user functionality?
This is a ridiculous statement. Mupen64plus is pretty good. It has extensive user-functionality. Just because it is CLI doesn't mean it isn't functional; if anything, it gives more power to the user.

If you need a visual tutorial to get this working, maybe I can do that sometime, but it really is pretty simple. The most complicated part ought to be configuring the controls.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 04:57:36 PM by Drahsid »
Well that didn't work

Offline MecaCool

• Raptor
  • T:REP 423
  • Trying to be as Humble as I can be to Others.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »
Make a video it will help out them more take some time to do so.
At least you will not have to post and give advice it would clear some things up.

If you will not do the video tutorial I will take a look into your mouse support script.
And make a video myself but again I should not have too but it is up to me on the end result.

Your Call @Drahsid.
A c++ and c Programmer.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9033
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2020, 07:02:20 AM »
Make a video it will help out them more take some time to do so.
At least you will not have to post and give advice it would clear some things up.

If you will not do the video tutorial I will take a look into your mouse support script.
And make a video myself but again I should not have too but it is up to me on the end result.

Your Call @Drahsid.
Why are YOU, an individual who can't code for shit, acting all tough and calling out Drahsid? Like, seriously?... Are you this stupid and delusional? You've been nothing but a rude liar and you're a hair away from getting banned.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 07:45:30 AM by Dinomite »

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline MecaCool

• Raptor
  • T:REP 423
  • Trying to be as Humble as I can be to Others.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2020, 01:37:47 PM »
Why are YOU, an individual who can't code for shit, acting all tough and calling out Drahsid? Like, seriously?... Are you this stupid and delusional? You've been nothing but a rude liar and you're a hair away from getting banned.

Excuse me I am not calling him out he helps me out on these forums as well.
Like he did on the other thread I made he only made a suggestion As I did for him on this matter.
Also, I am not the one being a butthole or calling others out and being disrespectful like you are to me.
Honestly stop trying to provoke me or trigger me it does not work I don't care what you say your comments prove to the moderators that you are
insulting me and causing problems it is only you man.
I'm not trying at all to cause drama unlike you whatever happened on the discord stayed on that discord it is old past drama like over a month ago or longer
get over it and move on it is honestly getting on my nerves and many others I mean nobody else wants to even comment due to people like you
causing problems on these forums.

The old saying is if you do not have anything good to say then don't type or say anything unless it is nice.
A c++ and c Programmer.

Offline Drahsid

• Dimetrodon
  • T:REP 930
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »
I might make a video sometime in the future, but if you get to it first, you are absolutely welcome to do it. No skin off of my nose.
Well that didn't work

Offline Kil3r

• Iguana
  • T:REP 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2020, 12:12:09 AM »
Well, I followed your instructions to a T, and it manages to run, but crashes the instant I try any input.

Maybe this could be due to accidental misconfiguration or maybe a AV detecting a false positive?

Kinda sucks that OP's instructions weren't clear at all and left out important information like your post did in regards to the dlls needed.

For what its worth, the DLLs mentioned in my post are technically optional. I only said they are necessary because if you use the exact same .cfg as mine, mupen will be looking for those specific dlls, as those are the dlls I chose in my cfg. You can use different plugins but you will have to change that in the .cfg. This is somewhat my fault for not giving more vanilla mupen setup, but I really enjoyed my settings so I figured that those were the ones I was going to share.

Both of these issues considered, this type of stuff is bound to have user error because people just don't know. However, putting more work into a UI that sets everything up may not even be worth it if there isn't alot of attention on the mouse script. So for me, its easy to understand why getting this mouse look experience is hard. If you want it to be prepackaged for you, ready to play, then you might be waiting until Night Dive releases a remaster. Otherwise, you have to put some elbow grease into it. I expect people to have issues with a video tutorial as well, but it will certainly help alot.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:14:14 AM by Kil3r »

Offline captainking117

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »
Hi, just joined to say that I'm also experiencing the same thing as that other lad (crash on startup).
Any ideas why that might have happened.
What I did is download muppen as OP said, copy pasted the config file posted by kil3r previously (since I wanted to have a similar config to his) and ran the emulator.
It instantly crashes when I press any button on my keyboard.
I don't use an anti virus and everything is up to date regarding GFX cards/firmware and all that jazz.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal