Author Topic: Fixed Deadmen Textures  (Read 5407 times)

Offline DarkDefiler

• Iguana
  • T:REP 39
    • View Profile
Fixed Deadmen Textures
« on: February 11, 2020, 11:58:59 PM »
Starting to feel around the files and decided to fix the Deadmen textures.

The Deadmen shipped with the original release version of the game (with no horns) were always using the head texture for the (then scrapped) Hellsoldier instead of their own, so I fixed that as well as fixed the Hellsoldier head textures. The common variant's original head texture is nowhere present in the files so I had to attempt to re-create it. This is a beyond miniscule mod and I wanted to see if anyone would want this.

The stretched membrane has also been fixed on the common Deadmen and both variants appear in-game with their correct red/orange sinew coloring.

In-game:

Edit:

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/avm6xk3g2z3z8ux/DeadmenFix.kpf?dl=0
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:32:14 AM by DarkDefiler »

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
Re: Fixed Deadmen Textures
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 12:09:01 AM »
Oh wow, that is cool as hell. Makes me think an "unofficial patch" project would be pretty cool.

I didn't even realize this was an issue with em, honestly details like this always fly by me, but damn, great job.

IMO, may as well release it, seeing as the work was done. Even if its an incredibly small mod.

Offline DarkDefiler

• Iguana
  • T:REP 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 12:33:05 AM »
Oh wow, that is cool as hell. Makes me think an "unofficial patch" project would be pretty cool.

I didn't even realize this was an issue with em, honestly details like this always fly by me, but damn, great job.

IMO, may as well release it, seeing as the work was done. Even if its an incredibly small mod.

Added a download, hopefully it works. I'm not sure how to package a KPF file normally so I grabbed my game.kpf and deleted everything unrelated to the specific mod.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 06:16:32 AM »
That is how I create kpf archives. its honestly the best way to do it. Thank you, I'll try your mod out when I have the time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:36:56 AM by DoomMarine23 »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 06:11:09 PM »
Made a page on Sanctum for you. Welcome to our community!  :raptoid:

https://turoksanctum.com/fixed-deadmen-textures/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal