Author Topic: DISMAL Survival Game - Alpha 0.1 - Kickstarter  (Read 75 times)

Offline GaelRomanet

• Raptor
  • T:REP 455
    • View Profile
DISMAL Survival Game - Alpha 0.1 - Kickstarter
« on: June 23, 2020, 06:49:29 PM »
Hi there!

My name is Gael Romanet, I am a French Video Game Visual Designer and Texture Artist living in London.

With this post I want to share my DISMAL Survival Game (currently Alpha 0.1) that I am designing as a single developer (for the time being).

DISMAL Survival Game is fully designed with Unreal Engine 4, and is inspired by Subsistence, Stranded Deep, and The Forest games.

My project has been accepted on kickstarter website. You can now back this project if you believe in it. There are some nice rewards doing so.

Kickstarter website: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dismal/dismal-survival-game

Game Story: DISMAL Survival Game is a first person, or third person, exploration survival experience. There are no zombies or cannibals. Only you, and all the threats Mother Nature can muster. Survive the cold, the rain, the snow, and the ocean storms. Manage your hunger, thirst and tiredness. Craft your raft and explore 10 main islands of 16 km 2 each. Craft your axe, your hammer, and build your shelter to survive. Start a fire to cook, to keep warm during the cold nights and winter seasons. Fish, harvest and gather resources. You have no idea how you ended here. You only have this Cross with you. Discover the Truth about yourself!

Game Map (Craft your raft and explore 10 main islands of 16 km 2 each):

Game Screenshots of shelters you can build:

Video (watch in 4K): https://youtu.be/6DwI3sDSlaM

Road Map (Future implementations).

1 - Wildlife animals - (Bald Eagle, Cougar, Grizzly Bear, American Bison, Moose, Elk, Coyote, and Grey Wolf).

2 - Realistic seasons and weather conditions - (Wind and Cold, Rain, Snow, Thunderstorms and Ocean Storms).

3 - Better Crafting System and Menu Inventory System - (The ability to cut trees and flora, to break small stones, to build a fire and animal traps, to craft a raft to travel from island to island, to build an axe, a hammer, a bow and plenty of arrows).

4 - Management of shelter, hunger, thirst and tiredness - (You will need to craft special tier items. Water Collector, Furnace, Wood, Brick and Metal Stations, and a Bed to save and load your game progress).

5 - Better shelter demolition effects based on full gravity for re collectable resources.

Feel free to share the kickstarter link on your Facebook / twitter accounts. Most importantly, ask your friends to back this project and to share it as well! Every contribution and help are important and will be remembered!

Thank you for reading this far.

Respectfully,

Gael Romanet
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 06:51:01 PM by GaelRomanet »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal